Xbox FY20 Q2: Software & services revenue down 11%. Hardware revenue down 43%. Overall gaming revenue down 21%

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yeah it would make sense.

DO you have any evidence of Gears being popular on PC? Gears 1 Remastered came out.Gears 4 came out for PC.

Don't remember those games making much of a splash in the PC space. I was expecting the same of Gears 5 on PC.

Holy fuck, again with the PC. What don't you understand about Outer Worlds would need to be more popular than the entirety of Gamepass across Xbox and PC prior to Outer World's release for it to single handedly be the reason for doubling the number of subscribers.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

It doesn't matter if they said no... they said yes to spending $1

Which is hilarious.......because they're telling you what they think of GamePass and how much they think its worth.

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

Holy shit, did you just type that OUT LOUD......on your own accord????? LOLOLOLOL

Which is hilarious.......because they're telling you what they think of GamePass and how much they think its worth.

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

Holy shit, did you just type that OUT LOUD......on your own accord????? LOLOLOLOL

So... they're telling us the same thing that they were telling us the quarter before... when they had half the subscribers....

You can't possibly know what GP will do when the promotions stop... until they do.

All we can say right now... is that it's GROWING quarter over quarter.

Growth B) 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Holy fuck, again with the PC. What don't you understand about Outer Worlds would need to be more popular than the entirety of Gamepass across Xbox and PC prior to Outer World's release for it to single handedly be the reason for doubling the number of subscribers.

.........chyeah.

Do you know how many PC nerds have been talking about a Fallout-type game being developed by the makers of New Vegas?

Enough to fucking double GamePass previous subscription numbers.......which, if we remember correctly, Phil Spencer said around X018 GamePass was in the "multiple millions".

So, not even 10 million (if you remember, I made fun of that quite a bit), and probably not even in the upper single-digit millions. I reckoned around 5-7 million.

Yeah, GamePass on PC bringing in about 4-5 million would be possible.

Just now, Remij_ said:

So... they're telling us the same thing that they were telling us the quarter before... when they had half the subscribers....

You can't possibly know what GP will do when the promotions stop... until they do.

All we can say right now... is that it's GROWING quarter over quarter.

Growth B) 

Of course I know what will happen when the promotions stop.

Because its happening so much.......that Microsoft has to resort to KEEP ON extending the promotion.

Growth.......of people who tried the service and decided "nah"

Get used to me finishing your unfinished stories.......every.......single...........time.

.........chyeah.

Do you know how many PC nerds have been talking about a Fallout-type game being developed by the makers of New Vegas?

Enough to fucking double GamePass previous subscription numbers.......which, if we remember correctly, Phil Spencer said around X018 GamePass was in the "multiple millions".

So, not even 10 million (if you remember, I made fun of that quite a bit), and probably not even in the upper single-digit millions. I reckoned around 5-7 million.

Yeah, GamePass on PC bringing in about 4-5 million would be possible.

I completely and thoroughly disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Just now, jehurey said:

,......of people decided to not stick with GamePass. Yes indeed.

Good to see that you're out of juice.

This is the way its going to be, and there's nothing you can do about it.

of people using the service.

Yes indeed. :smoke: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

of people using the service.

Yes indeed. :smoke: 

.....and then giving up on it after decided that it isn't worth more than a dollar.

Yes.

I love that I've beaten you down to this point, and you don't have much fight left in you.

What if I paid you a dollar?:lawl:

Just now, jehurey said:

.....and then giving up on it after decided that it isn't worth more than a dollar.

Yes.

I love that I've beaten you down to this point, and you don't have much fight left in you.

What if I paid you a dollar?:lawl:

if 2x the people keep trying it quarter after quarter... that's growth $1 or not :drake: 

You actually SHOULD be paying me a dollar... since you're a recurring subscriber to being on my dick.. but nah.. as my best customer it's on the house :ovolol:

Let's be real here.... Xbox1 hardware and software weren't lighting the world on fire to begin.  

GP subscribers will increase with those crazy promotions, that happens all the time with subscription based services.  That's good for MS that the promotions are working. 

buuuuuut... The real test will come when the deals expire and people have to decide if it's worth the full subscription price to retain gamepass or not.    If the content isn't there, the users will leave. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Remij_ said:

if 2x the people keep trying it quarter after quarter... that's growth $1 or not :drake: 

You actually SHOULD be paying me a dollar... since you're a recurring subscriber to being on my dick.. but nah.. as my best customer it's on the house :ovolol:

And growth of people they've lost and will not want to come back to the service at full price.

That's like you boasting about going out on 2x the amounts of first dates.......and you didn't get them to commit to a relationship with you.

That means the pool of getting pussy is NOT GROWING......its shrinking because you're running out of new people to convince on a first date.

Phil Spencer is asking 2x the amount of people to commit to his service. And if they're saying no in a large majority......his pool of REMAINING would-be consumers has shrinked.

Not grown. Those people who have tried GamePass are no longer uninformed consumers.