Real question, how many of you feel more lonely than before? How many of you feel the opposite?

As I've gotten older I've just come to realize I don't have the time or energy to invest in other people. Everyone has their own lives now, families, jobs, responsibilities and at the end of the day we're all tired. When I come home from work all I want to do is take a shower, eat and then relax before going to bed and doing it all over again.

Friday nights? It's no different than a week night, I'm tired, I have no energy to do anything and frankly I don't want to. Saturdays? We go out to dinner, maybe hit up a barcade or go to a movie, and Sunday is just my relax 'me' day before doing it all over again. How can anyone maintain real friendships with one night of real availability per week? I mean that's already extremely limited, does it line up with said other person or people? Probably not. 

All in all I'm not lonely at all, I've always been very self-reliant even when I had a ton of friends to now where it's just basically my girl and I, and family. What's not really important or simply doesn't work fades, and what is and does remains. 

• Upvote 2

nothing changed really, my friends have always been idiots but lovely nonetheless. almost see them every day and if not we usually talk and play over internet. weekend sit ins got rare, usually when a game drops we really want to play and then finish it in one weekend. I feel like making new (real) friends as I'm getting older is hard, lots of faggots. and i know a lot of cool people on the internet so......

I have to admit overall I'm doing less fun stuff outside of my home as i get older, and it's like both, I like it and hate it. I need a girlfriend. :mjcry: 

Edited by kaz
  • Sad 1

Not lonely. But was blessed. (I've learned and accepted and enjoyed)  Male friends come and go and I don't pine for that attention anymore. Career self love family love & passive real hard but bitter attempts at love life. In that order. Sleep drugs and vidya games in between. 

• Upvote 1
On 2020-01-30 at 12:43 AM, DynamiteCop! said:

As I've gotten older I've just come to realize I don't have the time or energy to invest in other people. Everyone has their own lives now, families, jobs, responsibilities and at the end of the day we're all tired. When I come home from work all I want to do is take a shower, eat and then relax before going to bed and doing it all over again.

Friday nights? It's no different than a week night, I'm tired, I have no energy to do anything and frankly I don't want to. Saturdays? We go out to dinner, maybe hit up a barcade or go to a movie, and Sunday is just my relax 'me' day before doing it all over again. How can anyone maintain real friendships with one night of real availability per week? I mean that's already extremely limited, does it line up with said other person or people? Probably not. 

All in all I'm not lonely at all, I've always been very self-reliant even when I had a ton of friends to now where it's just basically my girl and I, and family. What's not really important or simply doesn't work fades, and what is and does remains. 

If within my control, I'll pick a career that allows hella free time. Will not be a 50 hour slave drone to feed a family. 

16 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

Dude, you sound like you're about to die or are smoking a cactus

Peyote? Chicano bout to write a sad memoir before he kills himself on sleep meds. That's the impression I'm getting from his last 6 threads! :D

• Haha 1

i'm ultra independent and need lots of alone time. however, i go in cycles, in terms of going out. like...i'll be a social butterfly for several weeks (mainly if i want some strange)...then i'll be MIA for a month. it really depends on many factors. some family issues have thrown a curveball in my life, for about 6 months, so i'm spending a lot of my free time taking care of the situation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

You can tell this by the frequency and quantity of posts that someone has here. Simple. 

I used to post a lot, so was more lonely, and now I post less because I'm less lonely. 

you sure, cunt? :comicbookguy:

lol no need to proove you're not lonely. we all have an avenue. some just dose here the most. I do too. Also, I just think it's natural that when you get older, you start to feel less feels about lonileiness. And it's healthy. In HS and College you used to GIVE  A FUCK if people liked you. It's good to learn that doesn't matter. Just your fam and loved ones.  

Yeah I don’t have time for shit. I wake up before 5am to catch a ferry to take and then take another ferry home to get back at 6pm. Between kids and work and general house shit, I don’t have time for anything much beyond watching a show or playing a little games before I’m passing out. Thankfully, I have a great girl who is pretty low maintenance and we just enjoy our us time and we just enjoy our own things at home. I’m pretty content. 

On 2020-01-30 at 2:22 PM, kaz said:

nothing changed really, my friends have always been idiots but lovely nonetheless. almost see them every day and if not we usually talk and play over internet. weekend sit ins got rare, usually when a game drops we really want to play and then finish it in one weekend. I feel like making new (real) friends as I'm getting older is hard, lots of faggots. and i know a lot of cool people on the internet so......

I have to admit overall I'm doing less fun stuff outside of my home as i get older, and it's like both, I like it and hate it. I need a girlfriend. :mjcry: 

maybe because youre a faggot yourself irl? We sure have enough proof of that here. I dont remember how many people have called your behaviour here, I think everyone said at one point that all you do is shitpost and piggyback someone in every e-beef here you find. I dont know why I read your post in this thread as I made a habit to skip all your posts usually, but whatever.

But on topic, I do have phases when I feel lonely and will value meeting people more than anything, but most of the time I am distracted with my animation work. 

But overall, yes, as you age and get older its much harder to keep friendships when everyone has different careers and goals in life. I sometimes envy work places where there are co-workers you can talk to on breaks, but I always have to remind myself that being an independant artist is safer in the long run. Still, this year I started seeing way more people than before and will prolly move to my GF's town for a while too. Change of scenery and all.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, HolyAx said:

maybe because youre a faggot yourself irl? We sure have enough proof of that here. I dont remember how many people have called your behaviour here, I think everyone said at one point that all you do is shitpost and piggyback someone in every e-beef here you find. I dont know why I read your post in this thread as I made a habit to skip all your posts usually, but whatever.

But on topic, I do have phases when I feel lonely and will value meeting people more than anything, but most of the time I am distracted with my animation work. 

But overall, yes, as you age and get older its much harder to keep friendships when everyone has different careers and goals in life. I sometimes envy work places where there are co-workers you can talk to on breaks, but I always have to remind myself that being an independant artist is safer in the long run. Still, this year I started seeing way more people than before and will prolly move to my GF's town for a while too. Change of scenery and all.

what the fuck are you talking about you miserable fuck :tom:   i don't care, you take the internet pretty serious if you try to berate people. Just relax and enjoy man. 

16 hours ago, kokujin said:

Peyote? Chicano bout to write a sad memoir before he kills himself on sleep meds. That's the impression I'm getting from his last 6 threads! :D

Lol I'm pretty sure smoking cactus might not even be a possibility orthe best way to do it but then again I've smoked catnip, put drugs in my butt, dpt (psychedelic) fumarate to freebase on a spoon DMT+3meopcp vaped together, snorting stuff thats not supposed to be snorted. Now I gotta figure out how to do memantine cause that shit gave me crazy fucking acid-reflux.

Edited by roflpwnedz