FF7 Remake demo is out now

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm an expert at pressing buttons, do you know who you're talking to!?    

He rushed through the game in 15min....didn't watch any of the cutscenes, but he's an expert at the combat and how to defeat enemies in the quickest way possible... on his first playthrough...

Yes master. im a mere FF plebeian in your presence

Posted Images

Guys, I honestly don't even know.  This is like Christmas for me.  In a few min I'm actually going to be playing the game I never thought would happen... and it looks like it's going to exceed expectations.

:wow2: 

2 hours ago, Delita said:

Pretty good. A lot longer than I thought it was going to be

Shorter than I thought it was going to be. Only takes 15 minutes (if that) to finish it. 

As for the demo, ehh, not bad. Not great but not bad. Combat is a huge improvement over KH3 but that's really not saying much.

Some of the mechanics need some tuning and I really want to change the controls. The default controls are a little messy.  I kept hitting L1 to Guard which caused me to keep pulling up the quick menu for one example. 

Scorpion boss felt a little cheap with the constant spamming so the fight became less about tactics and more about face tanking (which wasn't hard to do thanks to the game drowning you in potions).

15 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Shorter than I thought it was going to be. Only takes 15 minutes (if that) to finish it. 

As for the demo, ehh, not bad. Not great but not bad. Combat is a huge improvement over KH3 but that's really not saying much.

Some of the mechanics need some tuning and I really want to change the controls. The default controls are a little messy.  I kept hitting L1 to Guard which caused me to keep pulling up the quick menu for one example. 

Scorpion boss felt a little cheap with the constant spamming so the fight became less about tactics and more about face tanking (which wasn't hard to do thanks to the game drowning you in potions).

15 minutes my ass...

Maybe if you're speed running it :roll: 

8 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

At least it looks like they addressed the absolute shit camera angles in battle from 15

15 is the best FF ever.  You can't say mad shit about it 

10 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

At least it looks like they addressed the absolute shit camera angles in battle from 15

Ehh, I think the camera's too close even when you change the option to max distance. Most of the damage you take comes from off screen attacks that you don't see coming thanks to the camera. 

11 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Ehh, I think the camera's too close even when you change the option to max distance. Most of the damage you take comes from off screen attacks that you don't see coming thanks to the camera. 

Well that sucks but the camera doesnt look nearly as janky and spastic as 15 

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Well that sucks but the camera doesnt look nearly as janky and spastic as 15 

More annoying than a legit threat since standard enemy attacks don't really do any damage. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if you could pull the camera back more than you currently can but the game seems more focused on trying to show off rather than giving you a clear view of the battlefield.

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

It was the entire bombing mission. I thought it would stop before the boss, or after it, but it kept going. Not sure how much more they could have added for just a demo. And even if they did I would have stopped right there because I don’t want to replay all of it again in a month

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

It does feel kind of claustrophobic. But its obvious they went with the narrower field of view so they could get more out of the visuals & FX while still keeping the framerate intact.

Edited by Twinblade