Official Mark Cerny "The Road to PS5" deep-dive video thread

Just now, Remij_ said:

lol... dude... post a link clarifying and confirming that all titles will work day 1.......

It WASN'T perfectly clear... you're pretending like people aren't confused about this shit..

Are you so incompetent you can't figure it out? :roll:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I figure those would boost interaction 

20TF+ and 7GB/s SSDs  

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Are you so incompetent you can't figure it out? :roll:

"We took a look at the Top 100 most popular games on PS4, and we're expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5"

Where does he say "in boost mode"  where does he say "100% of the titles will work day 1 in legacy mode"???

Acting like I'm incompetent... lmao dude fuck off...  The fact is he's absolutely unclear in his messaging.

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

"We took a look at the Top 100 most popular games on PS4, and we're expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5"

Where does he say "in boost mode"  where does he say "100% of the titles will work day 1 in legacy mode"???

Acting like I'm incompetent... lmao dude fuck off...  The fact is he's absolutely unclear in his messaging.

Jesus fucking Christ. :shake: You're so fucking stupid it hurts. This isn't the first time you had problems with comprehension and/or interpretation... and now you're conflating the two differences in what Mark Cerny is saying to pass along the argument of, "bu bu not 100% compatible :tear:."

Edited by lynux3
2 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Jesus fucking Christ. :shake: You're so fucking stupid it hurts. This isn't the first time you had problems with comprehension and/or interpretation... and now you're conflating the two differences in what Mark Cerny is saying to pass along the argument of, "bu bu not 100% compatible :tear:."

lmao.. idiot.. post a fucking link where it's confirmed... that's ALL I ASKED YOU TO DO... and you can't :smilecry:

so stupid... nobody is confused at all.. .it's plain to understand... :lemming: 

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/ps5s_backwards_compatibility_with_ps4_has_fans_baffled

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-03-18-playstation-5-backwards-compatible-with-almost-all-top-ps4-games-at-launch

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-backwards-compatibility-will-support-ps4s-most/1100-6474922/

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-ps5-will-be-backwards-compatible-with-almost-all-of-the-best-ps4-games-at-launch

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Boy you just can't stop being retarded as fuck. :hest: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

Boy you just can't stop being retarded as fuck. :hest: 

I'm the one that wrote those articles? :drake: 

God you're a fucking idiot... this fuckhead keeps posting THE SOURCE of the confusion as the answer to it :tom: 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

I'm the one that wrote those articles? :drake: 

God you're a fucking idiot. :tom: 

You don't have to write an article to be retarded, but you are right with those fools in regards to comprehension skills. :hest:

Here, maybe this will help?

Probably not. :rofls: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

You don't have to write an article to be retarded, but you are right with those fools in regards to comprehension skills. :hest:

Here, maybe this will help?

Probably not. :rofls: 

We recently took a look at the top 100 PlayStation 4 titles as ranked by playtime, and we're expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PlayStation 5."

Almost all :lemming:

Not confusing at all :lemming: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

We recently took a look at the top 100 PlayStation 4 titles as ranked by playtime, and we're expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PlayStation 5."

Almost all :lemming:

Not confusing at all :lemming: 

Taking a statement out of context just proves how fucking stupid you are. No surprise there. :hest:

Try again?

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Taking a statement out of context just proves how fucking stupid you are. No surprise there. :hest:

Try again?

"Almost all of the 100 top games" :lemming: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

And then you go and double down on being stupid as fuck. Again, no surprise there. :hest: 

You're the one that doesn't understand you fuckhead :tom: 

"Running PS4 and PS4 (Pro) titles at boosted frequencies has also added complexity. The boost is truly massive this time around and some game code just can't handle it. Testing has to be done on a title-by-title basis," explained Mark Cerny, lead system architect for PS5

"…we’re excited to confirm that the backwards compatibility features are working well. We recently took a look at the top 100 PS4 titles as ranked by play time, and we’re expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5. With more than 4000 games published on PS4, we will continue the testing process and expand backwards compatibility coverage over time."

They're starting out with 100 titles and adding them as they are tested.. .you FUCK :rofls: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

You're the one that doesn't understand you fuckhead :tom: 

"Running PS4 and PS4 (Pro) titles at boosted frequencies has also added complexity. The boost is truly massive this time around and some game code just can't handle it. Testing has to be done on a title-by-title basis," explained Mark Cerny, lead system architect for PS5

"…we’re excited to confirm that the backwards compatibility features are working well. We recently took a look at the top 100 PS4 titles as ranked by play time, and we’re expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5. With more than 4000 games published on PS4, we will continue the testing process and expand backwards compatibility coverage over time."

They're starting out with 100 titles and adding them as they are tested.. .you FUCK :rofls: 

Yes, that is for PS5's boost mode only (native clock frequency). The legacy modes run all PS4/PS4 Pro games without the "boost mode" enhancements.

It's INSANE that you still haven't figured this out. You just triple downed too. :kaz:  You even quoted the part where he is exclusively talking about PS5's PS4 game enhancements through boosted mode yet completely ignore his previous statements on backwards compatibility. :rofls: How dumb are you? Serious question.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Yes, that is for PS5's boost mode only (native clock frequency). The legacy modes run all PS4/PS4 Pro games without the "boost mode" enhancements.

It's INSANE that you still haven't figured this out. You just triple downed too. :kaz:  You even quoted the part where he is exclusively talking about PS5's PS4 game enhancements through boosted mode yet completely ignore his previous statements on backwards compatibility. :rofls: How dumb are you? Serious question.

Nope.  :reg: 

And those are statements from different people :reg: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nope.  :reg: 

And those are statements from different people :reg: 

Yeah, one from Mark Cerny and the other from the blog.

If you can't make the distinction then you're helpless. You can't fix stupid. :shrug: 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, one from Mark Cerny and the other from the blog.

If you can't make the distinction then you're helpless. You can't fix stupid. :shrug: 

Cerny did say they are working on expanding the back catalog as much as possible through legacy modes, at least with PS4 titles. He said that rather than sandwiching PS4 hardware into the new system, they designed the PlayStation 5's custom AMD chipset to support the previous console's logic.

"[Putting PS4 chipsets in is] extremely expensive," he said. So instead, the new CPU will operate in three modes — native PS5, legacy PS4 Pro, and legacy PS4. These modes are built into the AMD hardware, so while the technology may evolve, backward compatibility will not be removed for a mid-life-cycle price cut as it happened with the PlayStation 3.

On the downside, Cerny said that because of the boosted frequencies, each PS4 and Pro title has to be tested individually for compatibility. Some older games may not be able to handle the new hardware, but so far, initial tests have been promising.

https://www.techspot.com/news/84454-playstation-5-might-not-back-compatible-you-may.html

I'm quoting other people shithead... I'm telling you there's confusion and you're trying to tell me there's not :smilecry: 

And I'm telling you... you're WRONG. :reg: 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

Cerny did say they are working on expanding the back catalog as much as possible through legacy modes, at least with PS4 titles. He said that rather than sandwiching PS4 hardware into the new system, they designed the PlayStation 5's custom AMD chipset to support the previous console's logic.

https://www.techspot.com/news/84454-playstation-5-might-not-back-compatible-you-may.html

I'm quoting other people shithead... I'm telling you there's confusion and you're trying to tell me there's not :smilecry: 

And I'm telling you... you're WRONG. :reg: 

No, I'm not wrong and you're not telling me anything. You're literally saying Mark Cerny is lying. :rofls: 

Pay attention this time: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

No, I'm not wrong and you're not telling me anything. You're literally saying Mark Cerny is lying. :rofls: 

Moron :tom: 

"[Putting PS4 chipsets in is] extremely expensive," he said. So instead, the new CPU will operate in three modes — native PS5, legacy PS4 Pro, and legacy PS4. These modes are built into the AMD hardware, so while the technology may evolve, backward compatibility will not be removed for a mid-life-cycle price cut as it happened with the PlayStation 3.

On the downside, Cerny said that because of the boosted frequencies, each PS4 and Pro title has to be tested individually for compatibility. Some older games may not be able to handle the new hardware, but so far, initial tests have been promising.