Official Mark Cerny "The Road to PS5" deep-dive video thread

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Get rekt, kid.

They literally don't say or mention "boost mode" anywhere.  PS5 native in their little chart... means PS5 fucking games......  Notice how it did not say "PS5 - boost" :lemming: 

You're wrong dude... and you better be ready to take the L.. because after how you're treating me, I'm going to make a point of it :reg: 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I figure those would boost interaction 

20TF+ and 7GB/s SSDs  

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

They literally don't say or mention "boost mode" anywhere.  PS5 native in their little chart... means PS5 fucking games......  Notice how it did not say "PS5 - boost" :lemming: 

You're wrong dude... and you better be ready to take the L.. because after how you're treating me, I'm going to make a point of it :reg: 

Look if I'm wrong I'll take the L. I'm done talking about this.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

I think Sony went with 36 CUs due to BC and cheaper to produce. Everything else is just a spin of PR really.

They got their full package. Next gen performance, cheaper BOM, and BC.

How do you explain their terrible messaging, if they have full BC?

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

@Remij_ Oh and by the way, it's not like we haven't treated each other like this before. :hest:  SystemWars style of shit posting. B) Don't take it seriously.

I know... I'm just trying to posture :-* 

I do think I'm right though.. Sony couldn't be less clear about this if they tried :trump2: 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Its a slip up like people assuming PS5 won't have RT hardware from the wired article. Cerny is really bad at this marketing thing, they should keep him locked up in a cage or something.

They updated the PS Blog with information and said the exact same thing...

It's not clear... and from my understanding it's ~100 titles at launch, with more coming in the future.  If that WASN'T their message... they completely fucked up.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I know... I'm just trying to posture :-* 

I do think I'm right though.. Sony couldn't be less clear about this if they tried :trump2: 

You probably are, but there is details missing and it's all very ambiguous. I'd be very surprised if this is how BC ends up being. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, lynux3 said:

You probably are, but there is details missing and it's all very ambiguous. I'd be very surprised if this is how BC ends up being. 

Jason says PS5 is full BC apparently Cerny just fucked up with boost mode not working in some rare games.

PS5's lack of BC should be getting the same reaction the Xbox One did for its DRM.

You mean the whole "100 games" thing? That's just yet another result of their confounding marketing plan

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Jason says PS5 is full BC apparently Cerny just fucked up with boost mode not working in some rare games.

PS5's lack of BC should be getting the same reaction the Xbox One did for its DRM.

You mean the whole "100 games" thing? That's just yet another result of their confounding marketing plan

I wont believe it until it's factually stated.  

If it's true... Sony fucked up very simple messaging...

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Apparently the PS5 yields are currently pretty terrible.  The high frequencies are causing problems. 

That's according to the Chiphell forum...

Oh yeah, I'm not surprised by that. Its a common part of semiconductor manufacturing.

I mean, i can only imagine that the yields are already not very good because we're just not getting into 7nm, but to then find the most stable silicon at such high frequencies.

Not only that, AMD processors were never kind to overclocking.

12 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

They really must have thought this through. This is too obvious if an oversight imo.

I'm sure the Xbox 360 was thought through as well, until they started bricking. The difference here though is there's an obvious surface issue with clocks being this high. 

Could it end up not presenting an issue? Sure, but given what we know about GPU hardware those clocks seem dangerously high.

49 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh yeah, I'm not surprised by that. Its a common part of semiconductor manufacturing.

I mean, i can only imagine that the yields are already not very good because we're just not getting into 7nm, but to then find the most stable silicon at such high frequencies.

Not only that, AMD processors were never kind to overclocking.

Yea, it's a recipe for disaster... especially within the thermal envelope they're pushing for these systems.

Pretty risky imo.

We know the specs of both consoles and what they’re fully capable of. This damage control from editors and developers is getting massive cringe now. As if the ps5 has some secret voodoo magic that’s going to change what we know