FFVII Remake perfect 10 at Gamespot (also the OT)

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Aerith is thinking of Zack every time she looks at him :francis:

yes, I said CLOUD LOVED AERITH, not the other way around. :ben: 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao not even AAA ? 

New avatar and faction change in preparation for Friday.

Posted Images

There's a bug at chapter 16, when you need to crawl with Cloud through an air vent. Don't use the triangle button prompt that apprears on screen to look down into the 2 rooms below because it won't let you back out. You'll have to return back to the main menu and lose progress if you didn't save before :meh:

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Ike said:

She's so cute too. :dreamy:

what the fuck, why is she crying? she's worse than greta thunberg like that :cosby2:

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

what the fuck, why is she crying? she's worse than greta thunberg like that :cosby2:

Displays of emotions are foreign to Germans I guess. It's a big deal to her, and probably a big achievement seeing herself in the game with all the work she put in. Seems  like an appropriate response to me. :shrug:

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Displays of emotions are foreign to Germans I guess. It's a big deal to her, and probably a big achievement seeing herself in the game with all the work she put in. Seems  like an appropriate response to me. :shrug:

im not buyin it :cosby2:  shes hot tho :aitch:  

Just finished it, what an amazing ride... the wait until the next part is gonna be unbearable :mjcry:

Japan proving again that they're on a whole other level when it comes to making games, those graphics near the final chapter omg:banderoos:

Loved the characters they were all very likable and fleshed out, story was kinda cryptic not having played the original but the cutscenes made it great to follow.

Gameplay was too easy sometimes but it's a great foundation to build upon. It's incredibly fun for a JRPG and the difficulty got better towards the end. Boss fights were also very varied and engaging with no clone fights.

Exploration and side quests were probably the weakest part of the game but as I understand it the game opens up in the original after the events that take place in the remake. The camera needs improvement in battles too.

And aside from 2 or 3 grating tracks like the one in Wall Market the music was fantastic.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished it never ended :mjgrin:

• Like 1

I think the game strikes a really good balance between being focused & linear but then letting you run free in the various hub areas. I've enjoyed just exploring their nooks and crannies while listening to all of the ambient dialogue, and I don't mind the side quests either. They're simple but the dialogue and lore tid bits you get involving the main characters and quest givers is rewarding in its own right. I actually hope they don't go crazy with side stuff in the next installments, because that could affect the pacing of the main story.

But structurally I imagine the next parts will just put you in an open world similar to the one in FFXV. I definitely don't see them retaining the PS1 era overworld.

Just finished it B)  Holy shit, that ending is ballsy AF.

Spoiler

Wow, so from Part 2 onwards the story will develop differently from the original.  Aerith not dying is now possible.  I'm excited to see how it's going to develop. This is definitely going to trigger some purists though.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Just finished it B)  Holy shit, that ending is ballsy AF.

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, so from Part 2 onwards the story will develop differently from the original.  Aerith not dying is now possible.  I'm excited to see how it's going to develop. This is definitely going to trigger some purists though.

Ending Spoilers! 

Yup! It's a whole new thing now and they make a big point about it with the final line. Which is so awesome because it explains why there wasn't a 'Part 1' attached to the title. I can see the next being called like Final Fantasy VII Rebirth or something like that. I personally love the ending, makes it much more exciting moving forward. They already proved they can retell the story perfectly and even improve it with 95% of that game so what's the point of just going through the story beats over again.

My interpretation was that they possibly did Sephiroth a huge favour. They essentially killed the Whispers who were making sure events transpired as they were meant to. In that timeline Sephiroth knows he couldn't win. This now opens all that up again. Does mean Aerith might not die.....but could also mean they kill Tifa. Either way anticipation for the sequel is sky high now.

My only real main confusion is the Zack stuff at the end. That is clearly another timeline because of the different logo on the bag of chips, but he still saw the explosion that seemed to happen in our game's universe.

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Ending Spoilers! 

Reveal hidden contents

Yup! It's a whole new thing now and they make a big point about it with the final line. Which is so awesome because it explains why there wasn't a 'Part 1' attached to the title. I can see the next being called like Final Fantasy VII Rebirth or something like that. I personally love the ending, makes it much more exciting moving forward. They already proved they can retell the story perfectly and even improve it with 95% of that game so what's the point of just going through the story beats over again.

My interpretation was that they possibly did Sephiroth a huge favour. They essentially killed the Whispers who were making sure events transpired as they were meant to. In that timeline Sephiroth knows he couldn't win. This now opens all that up again. Does mean Aerith might not die.....but could also mean they kill Tifa. Either way anticipation for the sequel is sky high now.

My only real main confusion is the Zack stuff at the end. That is clearly another timeline because of the different logo on the bag of chips, but he still saw the explosion that seemed to happen in our game's universe.

Spoiler

Yup I'm really excited to see how it pans out.  I'm confused regarding Zack as well. Maybe since the crew defeated fate/destiny at the end, it changed the outcome in Zack's timeline as well. And then their timelines converge since Zack survived instead of died?  Anyway I'm probably overthinking this.  I just hope they don't turn it into a convoluted mess like KH. 

Edited by Pureis
7 minutes ago, Pureis said:
  Hide contents

Yup I'm really excited to see how it pans out.  I'm confused regarding Zack as well. Maybe since the crew defeated fate/destiny at the end, it changed the outcome in Zack's timeline as well. And then their timelines converge since Zack survived instead of died?  Anyway I'm probably overthinking this.  I just hope they don't turn it into a convoluted mess like KH. 

Yeah I'm of the opinion that their actions have effected things in other timelines too. Zack saying 'Is that it?' was a clear call out to the fact there should have been a lot more soldiers and that things are different. My worry is the same as yours cause for them to show that timeline, one that isn't the same as ours is really hinting at the possibility of converging timelines or at least characters that can jump from timeline to timeline, something that Sephiroth might already be doing. But yeah, potential for a steaming pile of timeline mess is definitely there.

• Like 1