FFVII Remake perfect 10 at Gamespot (also the OT)

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

You have to complete the chapter for stuff to save which is ridiculous. They’re whole post game set up sucks tbh 

ahh thats kind of lame, I wanted to finish up some of the shinra challenges and battle intel reports I missed. Thats one area they'll at least most certainly improve on for the next game.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao not even AAA ? 

New avatar and faction change in preparation for Friday.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

You have to complete the chapter for stuff to save which is ridiculous. They’re whole post game set up sucks tbh 

Pretty sure you can just hop out mid chapter and your character progress will save. I replayed chapter 16 just killing the Shinra soldiers at the carpark section and then hop out once I get to the building. I repeated this multiple times to get to level 50.

1 minute ago, Pureis said:

Pretty sure you can just hop out mid chapter and your character progress will save. I replayed chapter 16 just killing the Shinra soldiers at the carpark section and then hop out once I get to the building. I repeated this multiple times to get to level 50.

Ah ok, good to hear character progression continues but for any quests or manuscripts or items, etc to carry over it said you have to finish the chapter. That's what I've read online too. Haven't tested it yet tbh cause I'm playing on Hard atm and not risking that shit lol

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

ahh thats kind of lame, I wanted to finish up some of the shinra challenges and battle intel reports I missed. Thats one area they'll at least most certainly improve on for the next game.

Yeah I sort of want to do the same and have jumped back in. Don't mind replaying it all atm cause the combat was so good but there is definitely annoying sections I really don't want to have to redo. Like the slow ass mechanical arm part with Aerith. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

No hip hop de chocobo. :shake:

I'm surprised you even know about that considering your apparent hate for JRPGs. 

Are you a closet fan?

Hmm...Are you? Its okay, you can come out. We won't judge you, you're safe here.

4 hours ago, Sabo said:

I'm surprised you even know about that considering your apparent hate for JRPGs. 

Are you a closet fan?

Hmm...Are you? Its okay, you can come out. We won't judge you, you're safe here.

It's a remake of a pre-2000s JRPG. It gets a pass. :smugd:

I am enjoying it, though. It really opens up in terms of options in the second half and I'm starting to get the 'I don't want this to end' feels now on chapter 16.

22 minutes ago, -GD- said:

ok, so should this be my next game? how long is it? 

I took my time exploring and completed almost all of the optional content and challenges and clocked in at just over 46 hours. A average playthrough might land at around 38-40 hours if I had to guess.

On 2020-04-19 at 5:57 AM, Twinblade said:

That soundtrack is such a eccentric mix so many different styles of music but boy does it work. So many awesome tracks, with the below being my favorites

Hide contents

sounds like it's an entirely new game. I will wait for the complete package. :juggle: 

Man I have to say you guys have some serious patience for this game. I like the game once it gets going but I just wish it would let me actually play the Game for longer than a few mins at a time.  I’m up to chapter 15 I think and this is my experience 

cut scene 

cut scene

cut scene 

walk forward, fight 2 battles 

cut scene 

walk forward and slide through walls 

slow walking and dialogue

cut scene 
fight 2 battles 

cut scene 

cutscene 

I haven’t played an FF like this since XIII and even then it still felt dated at the time. XV for what it’s worth actually had a much better gameplay/cut scene ratio and allowed me to really sink my teeth into it while feeling less restrictive. I know ffvii is a story heavy game but man they should have cooled it some on the cutscenes and dialogue 

I get what you are saying but I personally love cinematic story driven games when they are done well and I thought FFVII did it very well. 

When the game does open up and let you fully 'play' it like a traditional jrpg is where most ppl have been complaining about it feeling padded and the side quests being crap. 

39 minutes ago, Delita said:

Man I have to say you guys have some serious patience for this game. I like the game once it gets going but I just wish it would let me actually play the Game for longer than a few mins at a time.  I’m up to chapter 15 I think and this is my experience 

cut scene 

cut scene

cut scene 

walk forward, fight 2 battles 

cut scene 

walk forward and slide through walls 

slow walking and dialogue

cut scene 
fight 2 battles 

cut scene 

cutscene 

I haven’t played an FF like this since XIII and even then it still felt dated at the time. XV for what it’s worth actually had a much better gameplay/cut scene ratio and allowed me to really sink my teeth into it while feeling less restrictive. I know ffvii is a story heavy game but man they should have cooled it some on the cutscenes and dialogue 

As someone who plays a lot of JRPGs, im not sure why you're surprised. You pretty much described every one of those games released in the last 20 years :ben:

55 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

As someone who plays a lot of JRPGs, im not sure why you're surprised. You pretty much described every one of those games released in the last 20 years :ben:

Come to think of it I honestly didn’t play very many jrpgs this gen from what I can recall.  And the only ones I liked were ff14,ff15, Persona 5 and bloodborne.

but anyway I disagree. While there’s a lot of jrpgs like that, I would say there’s not one that feels as restrictive as vii feels like so far. The closest thing I can think of is xiii. Let’s take Persona 5 for example which also just came out (well the re release). It’s a very story heavy game, and that’s totally fine with me. The only thing that I ask is also give me a good chunk of gameplay as well. Which is what P3-P5 do. It also gives the player freedom in how to actually progress and do either social links, or dungeon crawl. So it’s paced in an open ended way and it allows me to spend hours doing dungeons if that’s what I want to do. 

In ffvii as soon as I start getting really into the combat, I’m interrupted by cutscenes. The combat that’s there is great. I just wish there was more of it. Some of these dungeons also kinda blow like the sewers and the subways.

I just wish that while modernizing the presentation, I hoped they would have modernized a lot of gameplay aspects as well. Because regardless of quality, the closest thing to compare it to is Xv, and to me vii feels ancient in comparison :ben:

9 hours ago, Delita said:

Come to think of it I honestly didn’t play very many jrpgs this gen from what I can recall.  And the only ones I liked were ff14,ff15, Persona 5 and bloodborne.

but anyway I disagree. While there’s a lot of jrpgs like that, I would say there’s not one that feels as restrictive as vii feels like so far. The closest thing I can think of is xiii. Let’s take Persona 5 for example which also just came out (well the re release). It’s a very story heavy game, and that’s totally fine with me. The only thing that I ask is also give me a good chunk of gameplay as well. Which is what P3-P5 do. It also gives the player freedom in how to actually progress and do either social links, or dungeon crawl. So it’s paced in an open ended way and it allows me to spend hours doing dungeons if that’s what I want to do. 

In ffvii as soon as I start getting really into the combat, I’m interrupted by cutscenes. The combat that’s there is great. I just wish there was more of it. Some of these dungeons also kinda blow like the sewers and the subways.

I just wish that while modernizing the presentation, I hoped they would have modernized a lot of gameplay aspects as well. Because regardless of quality, the closest thing to compare it to is Xv, and to me vii feels ancient in comparison :ben:

When I look back on FFXV and Persona, the long ass dungeons with minimal storytelling or any variety whatsoever to their design are easily the weakest parts of those games. Im glad FF7 is more lively in that regard, most of its dungeons are have a sense of place and don't just feel like a series of boxes with numerous floors and randomly placed enemies to slow down your progress. The only exception is the final dungeon, now that was a slog.