FFVII Remake perfect 10 at Gamespot (also the OT)

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

17 there's still a lot left :TJ:

Good because I’m still locked up with no social life like Teddy tuna and need something to do for the next 2 weeks at least 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao not even AAA ? 

New avatar and faction change in preparation for Friday.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Delita said:

Good because I’m still locked up with no social life like Teddy tuna and need something to do for the next 2 weeks at least 

th_Animation8.gif

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

I have no nostalgic attachment to the story like you so I could give two shits how they changed it. :juggle:

Oh... well as long as you realize you come from a completely different place... then like I already said in my first post... I'm sure you'll enjoy it... even if you ARE lost as to what's actually going on :shrug: 

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Well... I'm disappointed as fuck.  They completely ruined this thing for me.  I can't believe I'm saying that as most of the game was great... but the ending and where they are going with this has completely turned me off of the game.  What a bunch of fucking bullshit.

I guess new fans of the series, and more open minded people might be happy... but I'd be lying if I said I was.  Plain and simple.

For FUCK sakes :shake: 

You know what? As a fan of the original too, I can definitely understand that.  But seeing how they managed to perfectly nail the presentation, soundtrack and even combat, I’m staying optimistic that they can still pull off something that do justice to the original. Fuck, I’m grinding some levels to prepare for hard mode but it doesn’t feel like grinding at all cause I’m having so much fun with the combat.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Remij, as a FF7 purist what are your thoughts on the scarcity of Limit Breaks and summons? 

Summons were disappointing to me.  I mean how they function... not how they are represented.  I love the designs and everything... but yes the lack of them hurts it for me.  But in the end I understand it..  This game goes above and beyond what I could have imagined in so many aspects.. somethings had to give.  As for Limit Breaks, I wasn't too concerned because the combat is so fun regardless.  There's still plenty they can do in the future... the possibilities are literally endless :francis: 

On 2020-04-06 at 2:21 PM, Remij_ said:

1 year from now :shrug: 

Seems highly likely, probably sooner.  

I did not know about the fine print at the bottom of the trailer that indicates it's a PC version being shown.  :ben:

They be wise to line up the PC launch this year around the time Cyberpunk 2077 launch. 

I've been really impressed by what I've played so far. I mean it's kinda odd that Cloud is fighting fucking rats but I guess they contextualize it a bit. Midgar itself is a joy to explore, game looks great and the music is just fantastic.

Makes me wonder why Square can't do this with the new FFs, but I guess it helps when you have a solid base and are pressured to live up to the colossal expectations. 

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I feel like there should be a separate spoilers thread just for story discussion. y'all are letting shit slip and as such I already know what the big twist is.

Yeah, I think maybe still use spoiler tags and talk about it in the What are you Playing thread?

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, I think maybe still use spoiler tags and talk about it in the What are you Playing thread?

I'll do one better and try to just not talk about it at all and forget it exists :brett:

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Wasn't this your GOTG? :kaz:

It was... up until the last 2 or so chapters...

I don't see what's so hard to understand.  I'm honest about games I like and when I don't.  Just because FF7 is my favorite game of all time, doesn't mean FF7R gets a free pass for fucking up. :shrug: 

Remipee can't enjoy this even when it comes to PC in a year, THHBR :mj:

Honestly it feels good being a superior FFVII fan B) 

I think I'll go ahead and play the inferior and dated OG game to see how bad it is B) 

Edited by bhytre
  • Haha 1
  • Ben 1