Hot Sauce’s Top 5 Worst Games That People Really Like *Trigger Warning*

13 minutes ago, Sabo said:

The game does have Level Scaling though. Its an option you can choose to turn on or off.

Something I completely missed too but I'm not a fan of it.

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

In most games I prefer it, but in Witcher 3 it really felt like you were blasting past the recommended level for the main storyline by doing side stuff.

I've been meaning to replay it for the DLC since the TV show came out, so with @Sabo pointing out I missed out on togglable level scaling I think I'll give it another go.

Yeah well the game has sooooooo much side shit that you could probably max out just from that alone.

But I always preferred that sense of character progression in an RPG as opposed to games with full level scaling where there is next to zero incentive to level up. Oh see this rat that was the first enemy you encountered in the game, well now after spending 50 hours of killing beasts, man and unimaginable evils I can now return home to my starting village to encounter this rat who is now stronger than A dragon was initially (elder scrolls). It's so bad that in some games it's actually worse to level up (like FFVIII)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#3 Breath of the Wild   Fujibayashi: “I have the perfect idea for a new Zelda game: open world.” Miyamoto: “Oh, like Skyrim. That game is very popular.” Fujibayashi: “Like that gam

Same level? Take off your nostalgia goggles.  Blue Dragon is in every way shape better than Chrono Trigger. 

#2 Red Dead Redemption 2 If molasses were a video game it would be Red Dead Redemption 2. A game so fucking slow and boring it has an auto-follow mechanic because the game’s testers kept falli

Posted Images

I see what you mean but Witcher 3 didn't take it to that extreme. Or at least I don't remember it getting that bad.

I'd have to play the game again to know for sure but I'm pretty positive the scaling had a cap. Enemies would scale but they did have a level cap.

12 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I forgot this forum taste in games suck.

You should do a top 50 games thread. I bet your number 1 is some sega cd garbage. 

8 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Same level? Take off your nostalgia goggles.  Blue Dragon is in every way shape better than Chrono Trigger. 

what the fuck :D 

On 2020-04-22 at 11:22 PM, Teh_Diplomat said:

It's because I beat him whenever we played; badly.  th_benpire.png

you reaver dropped me once.  I don't know if I ever got you back. I love / starcraft too. Because it's 80% memories of getting beat, and that's the same experience for everybody  mathamatically somehow, except for the Chads. 

4 minutes ago, kokujin said:

you reaver dropped me once.  I don't know if I ever got you back. I love / starcraft too. Because it's 80% memories of getting beat, and that's the same experience for everybody  mathamatically somehow, except for the Chads. 

:D :face:

Yeah I used to play RTS games, even Starcraft 2, but I'm just not at the level I used to be when I was younger, and for that reason I've essentially migrated over to playing exclusively the Total War series of games.

It's like a hybrid of Civ (empire management, research, diplomacy) , but the added benefit of fighting out your battles in real-time when the armies meet each other on the field, or in a settlement.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
11 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah I used to play RTS games, even Starcraft 2, but I'm just not at the level I used to be when I was younger, and for that reason I've essentially migrated over to playing exclusively the Total War series of games.

It's like a hybrid of Civ (empire management, research, diplomacy) , but the added benefit of fighting out your battles in real-time when the armies meet each other on the field, or in a settlement.

the only time I remember getting along with the sw crew in my old days (now i'm disssatched and good), I was coming up on Acid and in  the discord and kept calling you "dippy."

Bah. Old High school memories.  I like the idea of Civ games. 4+ hour battles that's a bit insane.   Starcraft is one jew of a game.  So many koreans have beaten me on lost temple I can't get the memories out of my head. I was def a sore loser the 2-3 weeks we all played starcraft. I swears i wasn't trying. I'm trying now.

I think I did okay the 2-3 weeks we all played street fighter alpha 2 on MAME.   I wish we played Dead or Alive. I am okay at that. 

Edited by kokujin
9 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

is it like,, if you're not playing clicky-clickk on everything super fast == you can expect to lose?  I just.. lose vigor after 10 minutes and I always have 1,500+ minerals left over, and I'm fairly sure I forget to keep building drones scvs or holy shit what were the toss ones scalled.  probes?

wtf does a pylon do. :scared:  I'm forgetting starcraft.  lol.