Naughty Dog sounds like a fun place to work at *OP may contain minor TLOU2 spoilers*

41 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I'm predicting very mixed reviews. VERY mixed. Possibly the craziest mixed review scores we've ever seen because game "journalists" are going to let personal politics influence their scores greatly.

i can see this happening. some 9's and 10's and some 5's and 6's...

3 hours ago, Sabo said:

I'm predicting very mixed reviews. VERY mixed. Possibly the craziest mixed review scores we've ever seen because game "journalists" are going to let personal politics influence their scores greatly.

I dont see any journalists saying anything negative about it in fear of being labeled or cancelled .

I agree with Jon too.  I don't think reviewers will be honest with their true feelings about this game.  We'll see though.  I mean... I really don't like the pandering they're doing, which is my main issue.. but that's not to say the game will be bad.

It will be interesting to say the least.

One thing is for sure though... a lot of reviewers will undoubtedly have spoiled the game for themselves by this leak... and a lot of whatever impact ND was trying to go for will be lost.

They're essentially being forced to release this earlier than they would have now... because the longer this info is out there, and the longer people stew on what has been done.. I think it will affect the game in a negative way.

Edited by Remij_
8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I agree with Jon too.  I don't think reviewers will be honest with their true feelings about this game.  We'll see though.  I mean... I really don't like the pandering they're doing, which is my main issue.. but that's not to say the game will be bad.

It will be interesting to say the least.

One thing is for sure though... a lot of reviewers will undoubtedly have spoiled the game for themselves by this leak... and a lot of whatever impact ND was trying to go for will be lost.

They're essentially being forced to release this earlier than they would have now... because the longer this info is out there, and the longer people stew on what has been done.. I think it will affect the game in a negative way.

Yup. That’s why I will play it and formulate my own opinion. I feel like the reviews for this will be tainted, even if they are favorable. 

Firstly, every review is biased. There is no objective review beacuse everyone is bringing in their personal taste into a review of anything, whether it is story, gameplay, genre preference etc (it's usually why it's a good idea to get a fan of the particular genre/series to review a game) but I think you guys are exaggerating the effect of story on an overall game review, especially on a game that could very likely have the best graphics, animations, AI and other elements we have yet to see. Not to mention great performances. UC has a basic ass plot and gets great reviews because of it's other factors, the same way many 9.0s can have little to no story. That also works in reverse that while a great story can help a game, if the actual gameplay and systems suck then so will the game (eg, Mafia 3, universally praised story but reviews were like 6-7). 

Even if ppl do think the game is 100% pandering, themes too heavy etc, you can't give a game a 6/7 if things like graphics, gameplay, sound, etc are some of the best we have seen. Story can impact reviews in terms of elevating a 8 to a 9-10 or docking it if it's not interesting but nothing to suggest there is going to be a crazy divisive range. Death Stranding is the example of that game that can get 10s and 6s. A game that's gameplay can hook someone like no other or be thought as the most boring thing ever created. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Those are what we call complete sentences; but hey, if you need bullet points just ask! 

None of it is true , except the part of reviewers being biased. 

Edited by JONBpc

Wait the villains are actually Christians? :D I thought they were just a Christian-like cult because the writers didn‘t want to name them outright.

This sounds like its padded back to back with the SJW agenda. Gee I wonder what the ethnicity of the writer is 🤔

22 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Did you just imply that periods are something that need to be plugged up and stopped? Maybe if you weren't so busy being part of the patriarchy you'd stop being so afraid of a little vagina blood.

Did you just imply that only people with vaginas can have periods??? :sam:

The game will be an instant 10 from most sites because of “representation”.

They’ll probably have the freaks from drag queen story hour move on to drag queen gaming hour and play this to kids to indoctrinate them into the LGBTBBQABC agenda

This degeneracy needs to end. The games industry has become just like the Weimar Republic