Do people still find game stremers worthwile to watch?

I thought Lets Play type garbage would die years ago, but I see Ninja and his kind are still somewhat popular on Twitch. 

I work on Youtube, and I understand the value of content that takes days, weeks or months to make, but I never see how someone would find a random person play a game for you entertaining. Yeah, you will say its like sports, but not everyone can play sports (either its health or age related), but a video game? Maybe if you cant afford it or the system for it, but theres countless better ways to spend your time today. 

/ boomer rant

Expanding Brain Meme - Imgflip

A Video Game about Watching Other People Play Video Games

It's pretty bad, there are hundreds of thousands at any given time on Twitch. On top of just watching someone play they donate huge amounts of money to these streamers, it's embarrassing what 'men' are doing to get a little bit of validation and get their name called out :mj: 

i thought that's one of your hobbies to be honest, you always posted shitty youtuber videos so I thought you also watch gameplay streamer. 

Depends. I usually only watch streams and stuff at work, but usually I only watch poker streams.

I like to check out streams for games that I'm on the fence about. One of the easiest ways for me to identify whether or not I'll like a game.