Tim Sweeney: 'PS5 is so impressive it's going to help drive future PCs' (Verge article)

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Pretty sure the ones releasing this summer will be nearly 40% faster. These are threads seeking validation for a computationally weaker system.

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

Obviously , they are hypijg a tech demo of an engine that will look better on xbox. Lol 

Lemming support group :tom:

"Its OK we got the most powerful console don't believe these nasty liers at Epic saying how the SSD is super fast its not faster than Xbox SSD :tear2:"

Edited by Cell
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

buh buh free games for the price of a cheeseburger

MUH SSDS NEW GAMING PLATFORM. NVIDIA AMD BTFO.    ALL YOU NEED IS A CPU AND SSD FOR MODERN GAMING.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Pretty sure the ones releasing this summer will be nearly 40% faster. These are threads seeking validation for a computationally weaker system.

Well look at the Epic used the same example i used in regards to game development and world creation and how a super fast SSD will enable much bigger worlds than before. 

Thought you said an insanely fast SSD would be a waste :cmpunk1:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Well look at the Epic used the same example i used in regards to game development and world creation and how a super fast SSD will enable much bigger worlds than before. 

Thought you said an insanely fast SSD would be a waste :cmpunk1:

16 percent GPU advantage is apparently 40 percent advantage. Tomorrow it will be 50 percent.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

“It has an immense amount of GPU power, but also multi-order bandwidth increase in storage management. That’s going to be absolutely critical,” he says. “It’s one thing to render everything that can fit in memory,” he adds, but a much more impressive feat to render a world that “might be tens of gigabytes in size” almost instantaneously, as Sony’s new console and its M.2 solid-state drive are promising.

“We’ve been working super close with Sony for quite a long time on storage,” he says. “The storage architecture on the PS5 is far ahead of anything you can buy on anything on PC for any amount of money right now. It’s going to help drive future PCs. [The PC market is] going to see this thing ship and say, ‘Oh wow, SSDs are going to need to catch up with this.”

https://www.theverge.com/21256299/epic-ceo-tim-sweeney-sony-ps5-ssd-impressive-pc-gaming-future-next-gen

Why do people say stupid shit like this? Is it merely to light a fire under internet fanboys or something? Consoles have a problem with over promising how far they'll be pushing technology. Shit like this is ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Why do people say stupid shit like this? Is it merely to light a fire under internet fanboys or something? Consoles have a problem with over promising how far they'll be pushing technology. Shit like this is ridiculous

We know literally all the specs and hardware features of these new consoles. They can't overpromise or underpromise. This gen if consoles is a lot more top of the line than PS4/One were at their time.

10 minutes ago, Liquid said:

The thing is in this industry, the demarcation line between 'Industry Insider' and 'Fervent Fanboy' is a paycheque. :reg:

59 minutes ago, Cell said:

Lemming support group :tom:

"Its OK we got the most powerful console don't believe these nasty liers at Epic saying how the SSD is super fast its not faster than Xbox SSD :tear2:"

Who said the ssd isn't fast ? Wasn't me 

21 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't get lemmings war on faster load times. "Just loads 3 seconds faster" Vs "2160p Vs 1980p".

you speak as if a ton of people are saying this . Do you post at teamxbox.com or something? And lol if you think that will be the only difference 

58 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't get lemmings war on faster load times. "Just loads 3 seconds faster" Vs "2160p Vs 1980p".

Lemmings defended Xbox One for nearly 7 years. There's nothing to "get" about Lemmings. :drake:

10 minutes ago, モンキー said:

Lemmings defended Xbox One for nearly 7 years. There's nothing to "get" about Lemmings. :drake:

buh buh free games for the price of a cheeseburger :cryjerk:

• Geese 1
2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

16 percent GPU advantage is apparently 40 percent advantage. Tomorrow it will be 50 percent.

Yeah and apparently 18.3% at MINIMUM because of the PS5's variability is now 16%, you guys really like to edge that percentage down as much as you think you can possibly get away with.

This is also not accounting for clock speed uplift not being a 1:1 supplement for raw hardware meaning that 18.3% is really like 22% at MINIMUM.

Edited by DynamiteCop
43 minutes ago, -GD- said:

buh buh free games for the price of a cheeseburger :cryjerk:

I still remember when lemmings claimed they were getting Kinect for Free when the Xone launched. Then the non Kinect SKUs came out 6 months later at $100 cheapers. LMFAO Nigs paid $100 for nothing. 

8 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I do kinda miss being able to say xbox on , but damn kinect sucked .

Still sold more than psvr and every pc vr unit combined tho LOL

Are you seriously bragging that a mandatory pack-in no one wanted outsold optional hardware? :danylol:

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Are you seriously bragging that a mandatory pack-in no one wanted outsold optional hardware? :danylol:

It wasn't always a mandatory pack in , dumbo 

rumor has it that the new RTX cards will have something called "NVMcache" in which they will use SSDs for additional RAM storage, if the storage is capable of fast speeds.

So they're attempting the same concept in almost the same way Sony is with the PS5.

So, I'm waiting for the absolutel best PCI 4.0-based NVMe storage drives, and apparently those are limited by their controller that limits the bandwidth.

There's an upcoming Phison E18 controller that will allow for 7000/6100 MBs speeds. Its supposed to come in Q3 2020. So, it will be cutting it close when building a computer in time for Cyberpunk. If RTX cards can access those hyper-fast storage drives, then we'll be in business.

ADATA has their line of NVMe's coming out, here's one of them, its using a Rainier IG5326 controller

adata-xpgpcie40ssdces-2.jpg

Those are expected to be shown in June.

if i get my hands on at least a 1tb version of those to use as my main OS drive for my next computer...capcom_street_fighter_fei_long_02.gif?fi

Edited by jehurey