Do any of yall use soundbars ?

I have a couple 5.1 systems now that I've had for a long time , but when I get a new TV when XSX comes out I'm thinking I'm cleaning up a bit and ditching rear speakers in favor of a soundboard.

At quick glance , some of these are expensive , like over 1k expensive . I'd be willing to spend around 500 or so .

I see some are 2.1 ,3.1, 5.1 ,7.1 etc . I dont want one with separate rear speakers so is it best to go 2.1 , or do the 5.1 + ones separate sound well enough ?

I have a sound bar with a separate subwoofer that’s optical audio from the tv. Great sound and I like the clean look. I have a Vizio that I bought a few years ago for like $250. 

So I got a cheap soundbar with my TV and its surprisingly good for my small bedroom . Gives me confidence that a good soundbar will be just fine .

18 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

If I were to spend that much I'd def not get a soundbar but it seems good .

I have a cheap one for my bedroom and I use this one for the living room. 

I did alot of research and this was the best one available in 2019 and it had everything I wanted.... Plus I hadn't updated my living room speakers for like 13 years... lol

20 hours ago, JONBpc said:

I dont really care about losing surround sound . I dont play games and music as loud as I used to . 

I can feel you on this... but nah.. no way in hell I'd be downgrading to a sound bar.  Audio is going to get even better in the upcoming consoles, and Dolby Atmos is sex with the right setup.

If you were in an apartment I could understand, but nah, in a house.. get them speakers set up.