Geoff Keighley's DualSense hands-on is tommorrow @ 9AM PT.

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

just watched the demo. these controller gimmicks seem cool. but will the battery life be reduced to 1 hour now? lol

35 minutes; and with virtually no load times it's gonna be a game-within-a-game to get the controller plugged in before the boss stage starts. th_snakeben1-2.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, not a fan of the two tone myself either.  With all those crevices I bet some people are gonna have REALLY funky controllers after a while      

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

35 minutes; and with virtually no load times it's gonna be a game-within-a-game to get the controller plugged in before the boss stage starts. th_snakeben1-2.png

funny enough, though, the demo look about 3 to 4 seconds to start th_snakeben1-2.png

whatever tension mechanism they have for the triggers, they should try and incorporate that into the analog sticks.

Like deliver a jolt in order to replicate recoil of firing a weapon.

Also, that Astrobot level is like a third-party Super Mario Galaxy knockoff. lol

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, Remij (not a Lem cant help said:

Yea.  I did notice that load time between switching areas was like 7 seconds though :ben:

Bu...but instantaneous loading! 22GB/s with Kraken!

Sony has been bullshitting, talking peaks and completely ignoring talk of sustained speeds. That SSD probably gets hot as fuck and buckles.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony has been bullshitting, talking peaks and completely ignoring talk of sustained speeds. That SSD probably gets hot as fuck and buckles.

SSD "gets hot and buckles" :tom:

Except you clearly saw a game demo in which it clearly demonstrated loading in high quality levels very quickly (Ratchet & Clank).

And now you're pretending that you have seen no such proof. LOL

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

SSD "gets hot and buckles" :tom:

Except you clearly saw a game demo in which it clearly demonstrated loading in high quality levels very quickly (Ratchet & Clank).

And now you're pretending that you have seen no such proof. LOL

3 second portal loads which hitch and stutter, and then assets still load in after.

Be impressed!

:hest:

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

3 second portal loads which hitch and stutter, and then assets still load in after.

Be impressed!

yeah, it wasn't a good demo lol. ps3 visuals too :hest:

• aitch 1
26 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Be impressed!

yeah, it was impressive.

You weren't talking that shit when they showed it. Little too late to start that narrative now.

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The narrative is building, it's called evidence collection.

No, its called your delusion after the fact.

They already demonstrated something last gen consoles can't do, and probably your upcoming Xbox can't do.

Well, hell, technically they demonstrated that when they showed off an actual exclusive. LOL

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, its called your delusion after the fact.

They already demonstrated something last gen consoles can't do, and probably your upcoming Xbox can't do.

Well, hell, technically they demonstrated that when they showed off an actual exclusive. LOL

I'm not arguing with you, 7 second loading times, 3 second loads with stutters and assets still drawing in...

That's not impressive given the specifications of their SSD, the glorification of their I/O not only by them directly but by fanatics as well.

They're avoiding sustainability talks for a reason. It seems their whole system has variability issues.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not arguing with you, 7 second loading times, 3 second loads with stutters and assets still drawing in...

That's not impressive given the specifications of their SSD, the glorification of their I/O not only by them directly but by fanatics as well.

They're avoiding sustainability talks for a reason. It seems their whole system has variability issues.

No, it is for games that are clearly not even close to finished, still running on devits.

"avoiding sustanability talks" ???????? :tom:Tell me, what "sustainability" talks has Microsoft given regarding their hardware.

I love how you just keep on making up goalposts, out of nowhere.

9 minutes ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

Daily reminder: Xbox has 0 exclusive games. Lemming opinion is invalid. 

It has tons of exclusives that you can't play in the shitstation.

If you add PC, then you would have to pay more.

Cows are so fucking stupid.

Omg, xbox has no exclusives!

My $400 Ps4 pro and $1500 pc can match the $400 Xbox One X!

Edited by MalaXmaS
7 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

It has tons of exclusives that you can't play in the shitstation.

If you add PC, then you would have to pay more.

Cows are so fucking stupid.

Omg, xbox has no exclusives!

My $400 Ps4 pro and $1500 pc can match the $400 Xbox One X!

16 minutes ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

Daily reminder: Xbox has 0 exclusive games. Lemming opinion is invalid. 

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The first thing Sony revealed about the specification of their SSD was real world expectations... 5.5GB/s. :ben:

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

let's go along with your Lemming fantasy here for a sec.  What does that mean for the Xbox's SSD, which by the way is SIGNIFICANTLY slower :mjpls:

Just watched it..... He literally says it's a controller demo that doesn't actually focus on the performance of the SSD, graphical horse Power etc... 

Is this what lemmings are latching on to... a tech demo that showcases the new features of the controller? 

Talk about desperate :sabu:

Edited by Goukosan
16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

let's go along with your Lemming fantasy here for a sec.  What does that mean for the Xbox's SSD, which by the way is SIGNIFICANTLY slower :mjpls:

It doesn't mean anything, because they're managing the hardware completely differently on the software and firmware side. Also Microsoft has continually reaffirmed their cooling of the drive to ensure sustained speeds no matter what is happening.