The very first scene  

6 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Halo is gonna be awesome :glad: 

Just not visually amazing like I thought it would be:ben: 

- LemiJ

42 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Halo is gonna be awesome :glad: 

Just not visually amazing like I thought it would be:ben: 

What was so great about the gameplay? Graphically we can all agree it's shit-tier. But  even the gameplay was dull. You're truly blinded by your fanboyism. 

1 minute ago, nitric said:

What was so great about the gameplay? Graphically we can all agree it's shit-tier. But  even the gameplay was dull. You're truly blinded by your fanboyism. 

Dude, I've been playing Halo games for the past couple weeks just having a great time.  It looks like more classic Halo.. and was a few minutes of gameplay... relax :hest: 

1 hour ago, HALOmij said:

Dude, I've been playing Halo games for the past couple weeks just having a great time.  It looks like more classic Halo.. and was a few minutes of gameplay... relax :hest: 

I've stood in line to buy Halo 1, 2, and 3 and have thousands of hours into it's MP. It doesn't look like classic Halo. It looks like something that they rushed and have to get it out to the market. 

3 hours ago, HALOmij said:

Not sure how much like classic Halo it looks man. 

It's clearly an open world GaaS (which I've been predicting it was gonna be for a while). That takes a lot of the pacing and narrative focus out of a game instantly. It's the main area that Bungie sacrificed with Destiny. Other than that the gameplay and open world system legit looks dated af. Ubisoft checklist (outposts, 'rescue' missions, main missions, etc). Just very uninspired 

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Not sure how much like classic Halo it looks man. 

It's clearly an open world GaaS (which I've been predicting it was gonna be for a while). That takes a lot of the pacing and narrative focus out of a game instantly. It's the main area that Bungie sacrificed with Destiny. Other than that the gameplay and open world system legit looks dated af. Ubisoft checklist (outposts, 'rescue' missions, main missions, etc). Just very uninspired 

Well aesthetically it looks like classic Halo.  Chiefs design is more like classic Halo.  Gameplay wise it's Halo... with some cool extras.. and I don't see how having a semi open world with outposts, rescue missions and main missions is anything worse than what Halo has always been.. You've literally always been hitting outposts and rescuing people...  That's what you do in Halo games.. lmao.  Now having the ability to choose things to do and having it on a bigger scale sounds good to me.

I agree that the demo didn't exactly show of the most exciting bit of gameplay loop.. but Halo being more explorable with upgrades and different stuff to find and optional missions before funneling you through story beats doesn't have to be a bad thing.  What was shown was a tiny tiny slice of gameplay...  I'm sure there's going to be missions with battle with huge amounts of allies and enemies fighting in all sorts of vehicles and weaponry.

12 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Well aesthetically it looks like classic Halo.  Chiefs design is more like classic Halo.  Gameplay wise it's Halo... with some cool extras.. and I don't see how having a semi open world with outposts, rescue missions and main missions is anything worse than what Halo has always been.. You've literally always been hitting outposts and rescuing people...  That's what you do in Halo games.. lmao.  Now having the ability to choose things to do and having it on a bigger scale sounds good to me.

I agree that the demo didn't exactly show of the most exciting bit of gameplay loop.. but Halo being more explorable with upgrades and different stuff to find and optional missions before funneling you through story beats doesn't have to be a bad thing.  What was shown was a tiny tiny slice of gameplay...  I'm sure there's going to be missions with battle with huge amounts of allies and enemies fighting in all sorts of vehicles and weaponry.

Considering you usually try show the most impressive stuff in trailers and reveals I am not so sure about the quality of what hasn't been shown as you are. Especially considering this really does look perfectly in line with 343's previous level of quality, even the whole feature role out like MCC. There's just nothing that exciting here, feels like it's gonna be like Destiny 1 in open world design with little filler missions and live events that will just repeat. I wanted to see the AAAA level return of the fps King, but we didn't even get close to that imo

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Considering you usually try show the most impressive stuff in trailers and reveals I am not so sure about the quality of what hasn't been shown as you are. Especially considering this really does look perfectly in line with 343's previous level of quality, even the whole feature role out like MCC. There's just nothing that exciting here, feels like it's gonna be like Destiny 1 in open world design with little filler missions and live events that will just repeat. I wanted to see the AAAA level return of the fps King, but we didn't even get close to that imo

Yea, we'll see. No harm in being skeptical.