Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

New evidence suggests Kamala Harris is going to be Biden’s VP

I think the VP pick should be Warren

She is the only one who will bring an actual voting bloc with her to the ticket. Black women are already all on-board for Biden, which is what Kamala or Rice would bring

Warren would bring in a chunk of progressives who are vocally not supporting a vote for Biden now. Although some Bernie fans are salty at her, she would consolidate a large amount of the left wing of the party and youth vote for Biden

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

oK, well let's do another 23&me ancestry kit, I'm sure she can score better this time round.

Trump will lose, regardless of who Biden picks. I can’t wait to see his fat, incompetent ass out of office. 

2 hours ago, Voidler said:

I think the VP pick should be Warren

She is the only one who will bring an actual voting bloc with her to the ticket. Black women are already all on-board for Biden, which is what Kamala or Rice would bring

Warren would bring in a chunk of progressives who are vocally not supporting a vote for Biden now. Although some Bernie fans are salty at her, she would consolidate a large amount of the left wing of the party and youth vote for Biden

White and too old 

59 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Biden promised an African American woman. 

oK, well let's do another 23&me ancestry kit, I'm sure she can score better this time round.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, -GD- said:

True. But he’s been hinting that it would be an African American one.

Which is stupid for the reasons I mentioned. Thats a part of the voting base already secured. The youth, latinos and swing voters are the biggest risks not to vote

Realistically Bernie is the best choice if they wanted to win, but Biden has locked himself into a female VP now

Edited by Voidler
10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

He needs to check all the boxes to put up a fight against trump, so its definitely going to be a black chick.

Putting a black woman in won't help Biden, it will turn moderates off because of the blatant nature of the forced identity politics at play. 

12 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Putting a black woman in won't help Biden, it will turn moderates off because of the blatant nature of the forced identity politics at play. 

A black VP means identity politics is at play? :interesting:

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

If you say you're going to pick someone because if their dangly bits and melanin then yes it's identity politics 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

If you say you're going to pick someone because if their dangly bits and melanin then yes it's identity politics 

If If If.... 

Good thing he didn't say that he is specifically choosing a black woman, but instead that there are black women on the list of possible candidates... So there goes your "if" because he didn't say it. :shrug:

Which bring us back to my question, does a black VP means identity politics were at play? 

Edited by Goukosan
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

If If If.... 

Good thing he didn't say that he is specifically choosing a black woman, but instead that there are black women on the list of possible candidates... So there goes your "if" because he didn't say it. :shrug:

Which bring us back to my question, does a black VP means identity politics were at play? 

He said he's only going to pick a woman. That right there is an identity and it is political.  Therefore it is identity politics. 

15 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

He said he's only going to pick a woman. That right there is an identity and it is political.  Therefore it is identity politics. 

Cooke stay dodging :mj:

10 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Cooke stay dodging :mj:

Indentity politics on top of identity politics. How can you even refute this?

He's going to pick a woman of color because it's a politically opportunistic thing to do. 

1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Indentity politics on top of identity politics. How can you even refute this?

He's going to pick a woman of color because it's a politically opportunistic thing to do. 

So first you claimed it was identity politics if he said he was going to pick a black person and that argument didn't pan out for you because hr didn't say that. 

Now you pivoted to basically saying it doesn't matter if he said it or not.... it would be identity politics if he happens to chose a black person.... 

Gotcha

Edited by Goukosan