Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Covid19 death rate increases by 27% in the US, death toll projected to hit 180K by August 22nd.

"There were 7,631 deaths in the week ranging from July 24 to July 30, a 27.1 percent increase over the previous 7 days. The document, which was prepared by the Departments of Health and Human Services and Homeland Security," 

The CDC now projects the death toll in the U.S. could hit 180,000 by August 22.  :monkas:

“I want to be very clear: What we’re seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread,” said Birx, adding, “So everybody who lives in a rural area, you are not immune.”

bbbbbut I thought the virus was getting weaker and would die out in the summer :feelsbadman:

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Just stop testing people obviously. It'll just go away. :|

isn't obvious the virus is getting weaker and people need to go outside more in the summer heat, no chance of spreading it there because the summer heat kills it :|

• Haha 1

What a misleading thread. Death rate =/= Deaths. In fact, the death rate for not just covid but influenza related illnesses in general is falling

nchs-mortality-report.gif

Also, there is still a VERY good likelihood that the numbers are being inflated. Don't ask for me sources, but if you do your own research you'll find that the numbers aren't as accurate as they should be.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

What a misleading thread. Death rate =/= Deaths. In fact, the death rate for not just covid but influenza related illnesses in general is falling

Also, there is still a VERY good likelihood that the numbers are being inflated. Don't ask for me sources, but if you do your own research you'll find that the numbers aren't as accurate as they should be.

This is Karen on Facebook level type arguing. :drake:

We're still at 1k+ deaths a day here in this country. :trump2:

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Also, there is still a VERY good likelihood that the numbers are being inflated. Don't ask for me sources

:drake: right-wing mentality, in a nutshell. I'm laughing because it would otherwise just be depressing.

I'm literally posting "pneumonia deaths" statistics being completely out of whack, and this guy thinks that the deaths are being OVER-counted.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

nchs-mortality-report.gif

Don't ask you for sources? :grimaceleft:

The rules of this board requires sources for your claims... you aren't above the rules Twinblade @-GD-  @Alphonse  :shrug:

Edited by Goukosan
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Don't ask you for sources? :grimaceleft:

The rules of this board requires sources for your claims... you aren't above the rules Twinblade @-GD-  @Alphonse  :shrug:

All I did was bring up the possibility that the official numbers aren’t accurate. It’s your choice if you want to follow up on that to either debunk or confirm it. I’m personally not interested in spending any more of my time doing research and I’m not stating anything as fact so I’m really not obligated to.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

All I did was bring up the possibility that the official numbers aren’t accurate. It’s your choice if you want to follow up on that to either debunk or confirm it. I’m personally not interested in spending any more of my time doing research and I’m not stating anything as fact so I’m really not obligated to.

:|

:lawl:

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

"There were 7,631 deaths in the week ranging from July 24 to July 30, a 27.1 percent increase over the previous 7 days. The document, which was prepared by the Departments of Health and Human Services and Homeland Security," 

The CDC now projects the death toll in the U.S. could hit 180,000 by August 22.  :monkas:

“I want to be very clear: What we’re seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread,” said Birx, adding, “So everybody who lives in a rural area, you are not immune.”

bbbbbut I thought the virus was getting weaker and would die out in the summer :feelsbadman:

You don't understand rates and ratios I guess. Much more people have Covid so more people are dying. But deaths per 1000 positive cases is lower now than is was in March and April. 

14 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

You don't understand rates and ratios I guess. Much more people have Covid so more people are dying. But deaths per 1000 positive cases is lower now than is was in March and April. 

“I want to be very clear: What we’re seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread,” said Birx, adding, “So everybody who lives in a rural area, you are not immune.”  :shrug:

The CDC "The death rate increased 27%"

Dr Cooke "You don't understand rates and ratios I guess" :grimaceleft:

57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Gotcha.... So you just want to make unfounded claims without having any accountability of actually backing up what you said with sources. 

So what you just posted not only did not have a source, its akin to a conspiracy theory because you just pulled it out from thin air. 

That's two rules you broke in one post. 

Rules 

7. claims need to be backed up w/ links 

8. no conspiracy theories

Why even make the rules if Mods can't even follow it  @Alphonse and @-GD- :interesting:

Edited by Goukosan
12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Gotcha.... So you just want to make unfounded claims without having any accountability of actually backing up what you said with sources. 

So what you just posted not only did not have a source, its akin to a conspiracy theory because you just pulled it out from thin air. 

That's two rules you broke in one post. 

Rules 

7. claims need to be backed up w/ links 

8. no conspiracy theories

Why even make the rules if Mods can't even follow it  @Alphonse and @-GD- :interesting:

I brought up a possibility, not a claim. But it’s my fault for posting here in the first place, I keep on forgetting that this sub forum is just a anti-conservative circle jerk. I’m not going to bother wasting my time or breath anymore, have fun.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I brought up a possibility, not a claim. But it’s my fault for posting here in the first place, I keep on forgetting that this sub forum is just a anti-conservative circle jerk. I’m not going to bother wasting my time or breath anymore, have fun.

Asking you for a source for your claim is considered anti conservative?  Wtf? :mjpls: