TENET is sounding like a phlawp. Review embargo is up

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sir, I live and die by the reviews of a site I would otherwise never visit.

How does he “sum it up pretty well” if you haven’t even seen it?

even if it had a 40%, do you really care? the movie looks dope and nolan has a great track record. i'm sure it's another classic. fyi, the lighthouse has 90+ on rt and is the worst movie i've seen sin

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

God damn that looks amazing.

Reveals something too. It seems like whatever war is coming is so cataclysmic it sends certain objects backwards through time. 

So this isn't a movie spoiler, this is somebody expanding more on the use of the word "Tenet"

So it could be a spoiler, but it doesn't come directly from the movie:

Spoiler

Tenet is not only a palindrome, but it's the center of the Sator/Rotas Square

:

S A T O R
A R E P O
T E N E T
O P E R A
R O T A S

The square is composed of 5 latin words and is mirrored not only Horizontally but also Vertically, and forms palindromes Diagonally.

Makes me think that the film may have multiple timelines that all intersect one another at different points and not just a simple backwards and forwards progression on a single timeline.

The latin word Tenet itself translates to "he/she/it holds, keeps, comprehends, possesses, masters, preserves, sustains" which may have additional meaning tied to the characters of the film and how they possess the ability to manipulate time.

So some people believe that

Spoiler

its not just two timelines, but more timelines, possibly upwards of 10

1 hour ago, Delita said:

How does he “sum it up pretty well” if you haven’t even seen it?:lul:

Because he's not making a value judgement on the movie he's saying it's complex enough for dumb people to hate it automatically 

Somebody in Ausatralia who said they already watched it is telling people to try and get a close captioning device from the theater because they had trouble listening, and said that the dialogue is very important to understanding the plot.

Fucking Nolan can't mix audio to save his damn life.

• Like 1

A lot of people are suggesting asking for closed caption devices for this movie because the sound mixing drowns out the dialogue. Happens a lot with Nolan movies during their initial theater run. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

What?

I’ve remained cautiously optimistic about the film. When I saw you replied I expected the reply to be” the movie was underwhelming, Chris Nolan is a talentless fagot” but you actually liked it :colbertdid:

Edited by Delita