Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

House passes $2000 direct payments with 275-134 vote; pressure is now all on Senate GOP and McConnell

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thank you Trump for your tireless effort to get us more money :lawd:

He signed the original bill with $600 checks so he didn’t do shit except lip service and to distract from pardoning murderers and child killers  :mj: 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Thank you Trump for your tireless effort to get us more money :lawd:

You are an idiot.  You probably should be dropped off in the island in the middle of the pacific.

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

And ofcourse McConnell votes no. Republicans are the fucking scum of the Earth. 

This will help dems flip the senate. If $1400 less means no more senate leader bitch McConnell I’m okay with it. 

12 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

It would take far too long to determine but the best option here is not to give anyone money that is still fully employed. I won’t get it either way as my income to too high, but if I made 98k a year why would I deserve a stimulus? Lol. 

You wouldn't get it if you make more than $75k.

21 minutes ago, Ike said:

You wouldn't get it if you make more than $75k.

I thought it was a 100, but still, why would anyone who is working their full time job (and receiving full income) need a stimulus? Double or triple it and find a way to give it to those that lost income

tho again, would take too long to determine prob 

• Ben 1
17 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

McConnells neck roll strikes again. 

He's the worst politician ever in the history of this country and from such a shithole little state too. This every state gets 2 senators no matter the size is so fucking dumb. :shake:

23 minutes ago, Ike said:

He's the worst politician ever in the history of this country and from such a shithole little state too. This every state gets 2 senators no matter the size is so fucking dumb. :shake:

Well at least it takes more sense than the Canadian Senate.

BC has 6 senators with a population of 5 million

Quebec has 24 senators with a population of 8.5 million.

Prince Edward Island has 4 senators with a population of 154 thousand. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
Just now, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Nah,  that makes more sense than the USA.

Wyoming Pop. 578k

California 39.51 million

:|

37 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

I thought it was a 100, but still, why would anyone who is working their full time job (and receiving full income) need a stimulus?

They don't, the economy does. People who went from being employed to unemployed/underemployed (and anybody that felt their income was insecure) changed their spending habits and the businesses that they spent money at for comfort, complementary, normal, and luxury goods aren't seeing that income anymore. Those businesses have employees, so if they have to close then you're putting more people into the unemployed pool and now they changed their spending habits too.

Give $5k to somebody unemployed and you would hope they spend it on necessities, but the economy isn't solely built on the necessities. Increasing aggregate demand across the employment/income spectrum (to a point) allows gaps to get filled from changes in spending and can avoid domino effects.

39 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Prince Edward Island has 4 senators with a population of 154 thousand. 

I think the more noteworthy thing about the Canadian senate is that none of them are democratically elected. They're appointed by the PM and serve until they're 75 on the back of that single appointment.

14 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I think the more noteworthy thing about the Canadian senate is that none of them are democratically elected. They're appointed by the PM and serve until they're 75 on the back of that single appointment.

:scust:

Sounds like a lot of judges here in the USA with that lifetime appointment bullshit.