Dookie hole corona

iss okay. we are literally spoiled with 100 games a year.  a year or two off should be fine.  I was getting real sick of rona last month to a few weeks ago. back to being fine with it. make some longer term goals for the year. 

Edited by kokujin

Eh, I don't think covid is entirely to blame. Gaming just isn't what it used to be, partly because MS stopped trying and publishers are putting out far too many remasters and ports instead of new, interesting games.

Though Sony doesn't get off easily either tbh. Its been 4 months since PS5 launched and its only worthwhile exclusive is a graphics update of a 11 year old game that came and went with practically no hype.

41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Eh, I don't think covid is entirely to blame. Gaming just isn't what it used to be, partly because MS stopped trying and publishers are putting out far too many remasters and ports instead of new, interesting games.

Though Sony doesn't get off easily either tbh. Its been 4 months since PS5 launched and its only worthwhile exclusive is a graphics update of a 11 year old game that came and went with practically no hype.

new consoles usually start weak. I don't think the 1st year of PS4 or 3 was that great? I'm guessing on memory.

Also I think this last gen def proved worthy.  And yah, us gamers can wait lol. we buy and play too  many games already.

39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

PS4 didn't have a worthwhile exclusive till Bloodborne...over a year after it launched. PS5 is already leaps and bounds ahead of PS4 in terms of output. By the time PS4 would've got Bloodborne, PS5 will have had Astro, Sackboy, Miles, Demons Souls, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon 2, GT7 and possibly others. 

You all are crazy or have very short memories of what console launch periods look like cause this is by far the most stacked a Sony console has been in it's first 12-18 months. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

PS4 didn't have a worthwhile exclusive till Bloodborne...over a year after it launched. PS5 is already leaps and bounds ahead of PS4 in terms of output. By the time PS4 would've got Bloodborne, PS5 will have had Astro, Sackboy, Miles, Demons Souls, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon 2, GT7 and possibly others. 

You all are crazy or have very short memories of what console launch periods look like cause this is by far the most stacked a Sony console has been in it's first 12-18 months. 

Bro nobody knows when most of those games are coming out. Outside of Astro, PS5 has no exclusives (honestly i don't even count Demon's Souls) and Sackboy is mediocre at best.

PS4 at least had Killzone SF which was a graphical showcase. Nothing on PS5 has anything with a similar wow factor.

50 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The problem was the death of mid tier developers in the PS3/360 era and the adoption of HD.

Developing budgets soared to the point of needing  millions to make a game that could either make or break you.

Mid tier developers couldn't just take the risk and opted to fold.

Konami went the Pachinko route, Atari went DOA, Ubisoft decided to shorten up their library of games to basically a handful that could make millions and milk their customers with DLCs, Activision just chopped all their franchises to one cash cow (Guitar Hero during the PS2 era and COD during the PS3, PS4) and EA was the only one that survived by eating smaller developers.

However, in this process lots of developing names ceased to exist (Westwood, Black Box) or just plain sold their souls (DICE).

So, in this gen, we can only depend on Nintendo, Sony, MS or whatever Ubi or EA can churn.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

The problem was the death of mid tier developers in the PS3/360 era and the adoption of HD.

Developing budgets soared to the point of needing  millions to make a game that could either make or break you.

Konami went the Pachinko route, Atari went DOA, Ubisoft decided to shorten up their library of games to basically a handful that could make millions and milk their customers with DLCs, Activision just chopped all their franchises to one cash cow (Guitar Hero during the PS2 era and COD during the PS3, PS4) and EA was the only one that survived by eating smaller developers.

Moreover, in this process lots of developing names ceased to exist (Westwood, Black Box) or just plain sold their souls (DICE).

So, in this gen, we can only depend on Nintendo, Sony, MS or whatever Ubi or EA can churn.

Who wrote this post for you.  Grand. Interesting. I thought we all forgot about games//the industry. :cougar:

• Ben 1
45 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

However, in this process lots of developing names ceased to exist (Westwood, Black Box) or just plain sold their souls (DICE).

Nah, mid tier games are still out there they're just overshadowed by the many ports, remakes, and sequels that triple A publishers are putting out. Some recent good ones for me were Plague Tale, Greedfall, The Sinking City, Vampyr, World War Z, etc

Also, game development really isn't as egregiously expensive as many companies claim it is. There are so many tools available (many of them free like UE4 and Unity) that more and more people have the means to make their own games even if they lack the money or skill set.

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah, mid tier games are still out there they're just overshadowed by the many ports, remakes, and sequels that triple A publishers are putting out. Some recent good ones for me were Plague Tale, Greedfall, The Sinking City, Vampyr, World War Z, etc

Also, game development really isn't as egregiously expensive as many companies claim it is. There are so many tools available (many of them free like UE4 and Unity) that more and more people have the means to make their own games even if they lack the money or skill set.

By mid tier you mean straight to e-comm indy games? Those aren't what he's talking about. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

It's called indie gaming and that is below C-level trash of gaming development.

Especially that 2-d scrolling garbage fad that took over a few years ago.

Shit that could have been confused with an NES game from over 30 years ago being the hottest thing.

Yeah no...

i just can't square away what i lost because of this virus. everything was taken from me, my job, the girl i was seeing. everything.

the girl in question is a fucking IG model and i can't ever do better. have literally been suicidal for almost a year now. She's hot, she's going to be a lawyer, and i'm really not much to look at and a mere TEACHING ASSISTANT.:willcucked: when you guys find the one you love NEVER LET GO, do whatever the fuck you can and never give up

• Sad 3