Halo Infinite looks terrible. Multiplayer match Xbox Shit X.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

For it to be a remake they would have to remake the fucking game in the first place. :D 

Just because Game of Thrones book series changed it's cover doesn't mean it isn't the same fucking book with the same exact story and dialogue.

A remake would be a different experience altogether, not the same exact shit I've played in 2009 and 2004. 

Of course some people are gonna call it a remake, but it's still the same fucking games essentially.

They literally are the same games, because they're literally running the old code for function. If you rigged a controller somehow to play both variations, you would end up in the same place doing exactly the same things. Not only is the original code in place for the gameplay functionality, the geometric mesh of the landscape is as well. They simply apply it and then build new assets on top of it.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This looks like uninspired garbage tbh. Halo has only ever had a few good iconic designs in its history. Outside of the actual Spartan/ODST designs and some of the ships, it just looks like some kind

Defining remakes is pretty subjective but I consider there to be a total of 2 different types   Type 1: Graphical overhauls with little to no changes to actual gameplay mechanics, systems, u

I hate Xbox but I have to admit that looks incredible and it holds up so well   This shits all over every other game from 2003 in visuals and gameplay

21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

:mj:

Notice how you STILL haven't given any technical breakdown from the very beginning?

I've noticed.

You don't have a response, do you?

The game you see on Shadow of the Collosus is using the NEW game engine.  There's nothing you can say that makes that untrue.

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

For it to be a remake they would have to remake the fucking game in the first place. :D 

Just because Game of Thrones book series changed it's cover doesn't mean it isn't the same fucking book with the same exact story and dialogue.

A remake would be a different experience altogether, not the same exact shit I've played in 2009 and 2004. 

Of course some people are gonna call it a remake, but it's still the same fucking games essentially.

No..........you are applying your own bullshit rules.

"different experience" is simply a bullshit INTANGIBLE term.

By that logic.........if someone takes Resident Evil 4, which didn't have strafing and dual-analog control...........and you add strafing and dual-analog control but keep the same engine/textures/physic/etc the same........you "changed the experience"

And, according to your logic, its a REMAKE????????????

You see how your logic simply doesn't hold up?

Edited by jehurey
10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

They literally are the same games, because they're literally running the old code for function. If you rigged a controller somehow to play both variations, you would end up in the same place doing exactly the same things. Not only is the original code in place for the gameplay functionality, the geometric mesh of the landscape is as well. They simply apply it and then build new assets on top of it.

Man, you don't have to tell me. I played SOTC on PS2, PS3 and PS4 and there were all the same game.

And don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome. You can bring your old games to modern day standards in visuals without messing up what made people love the game in the first place and Blue Point has done amazing work in that regard. I wished it was a more common phenomenon.

its absolutely ridiculous.

A remake of a game.................now has to be a DIFFERENT PLAYING GAME?

That is the stupidest ret-conning of a definition I've ever seen.

Why remake the game, then? Why not just give it a different name and call it a new product?

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

Notice how you STILL haven't given any technical breakdown from the very beginning?

I've noticed.

You don't have a response, do you?

The game you see on Shadow of the Collosus is using the NEW game engine.  There's nothing you can say that makes that untrue.

No..........you are applying your own bullshit rules.

"different experience" is simply a bullshit INTANGIBLE term.

By that logic.........if someone takes Resident Evil 4, which didn't have strafing and dual-analog control...........and you add strafing and dual-analog control........you "changed the experience"

And, according to your logic, its not a REMAKE????????????

You see how your logic simply doesn't hold up?

SOTC on PS4 also had a modernized new controls scheme, but it didn't make it a new game. So no, your point is irrelevant.

It was the same gameplay, same environment, same everything but far prettier. Not sure how's that bullshit, it's straight up factual. I felt right at home right from the start, nothing had changed, just it's pretty new skin.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If you remake a game it's a physical impossibility that the game will play the same as the previous.

Edited by DynamiteCop
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Why remake the game, then? Why not just give it a different name and call it a new product?

If they only rework it's visuals it's not a remake. It's not even the fact that it plays the same, it's that it's the same game, the same exact game. 

Just now, Ramza said:

SOTC on PS4 also had a modernized new controls scheme, but it didn't make it a new game. So no, your point is irrelevant.

It was the same gameplay, same environment, same everything but far prettier. Not sure how's that bullshit, it's straight up factual. I felt right at home right from the start, nothing had changed, just it's pretty new skin.

But I'm not judging SOTC on the control scheme.

I'm highlighting the absolute sillyness of your method of determine what a "different experience" is.

Its a bullshit term.

its almost INTENTIONALLY designed to be vague and subjective.

Which fits right in line with me accusing you of just making this shit up as you go along.

No, its not the same environment, there's foilage and you can see birds flying, and you can see detailed mountains. It absolutely feels different when looking at the world.

You now just trying to belittle graphics IN GENERAL.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But I'm not judging SOTC on the control scheme.

I'm highlighting the absolute sillyness of your method of determine what a "different experience" is.

Its a bullshit term.

its almost INTENTIONALLY designed to be vague and subjective.

Which fits right in line with me accusing you of just making this shit up as you go along.

No, its not the same environment, there's foilage and you can see birds flying, and you can see detailed mountains. It absolutely feels different when looking at the world.

You now just trying to belittle graphics IN GENERAL.

Forget about different experience. 

When I say same environment I mean that the dimensions and placement of everything is the same. I could speed run Demon's Souls on PS5 because nothing has changed. 

So how about SAME FUCKING GAME. Nothing changed at all but visuals. It doesn't affect the gameplay, because the same game is running underneath your pretty new graphics.

Edited by Ramza
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

If you re make a game it's a physical impossibility that the game was played the same as the previous.

which means that every "remaster" or every "port" now meets DavidP's increasingly stupid definition of a "remake".

Because you are now telling me that the experience would be different.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

If they only rework it's visuals it's not a remake. It's not even the fact that it plays the same, it's that it's the same game, the same exact game. 

I'm sorry dude.

But that IS what a video game is.

The visual have to be created from scratch.......the physics were created through a different engine.

Its REMADE.

You keep on judging it from your narrow perspective, and you continually omit what is happening from the developer's perspective.

If you bought a 1968 Shelby Colbra that had a broken engine, messed up axles, dented body........and you FIXED it up, fixed the dents and the rust. Rebuilt the engine, fixed the anxles using original parts...........you REMASTERED the car.

If I straight up re-created a 1968 Shelby Colbra using my OWN SHEET METAL, my own axles, my own propietary engine. Recreating its body cage from NEW METAL, and I had it drive very close to the original.......it was REMADE.

Just because you sit and drive and tell me "its drives the same" doesn't make it an original 1968 Shelby Cobra, does it?

Forget about different experience. 

When I say same environment I mean that the dimensions and placement of everything is the same.

Except the developer CHOSE to keep it like that.

because the space of the environment actually matters to the gameplay and enemy encounters in Souls games.

Look at you...............you're changing your standard for how you judge a remaster vs a remake, again.

This is how I know you are full of shit on this subject. You have no consistent logic.

Just now, jehurey said:

which means that every "remaster" or every "port" now meets DavidP's increasingly stupid definition of a "remake".

Because you are now telling me that the experience would be different.

I'm sorry dude.

But that IS what a video game is.

The visual have to be created from scratch.......the physics were created through a different engine.

Its REMADE.

You keep on judging it from your narrow perspective, and you continually omit what is happening from the developer's perspective.

If you bought a 1968 Shelby Colbra that had a broken engine, messed up axles, dented body........and you FIXED it up, fixed the dents and the rust. Rebuilt the engine, fixed the anxles using original parts...........you REMASTERED the car.

If I straight up re-created a 1968 Shelby Colbra using my OWN SHEET METAL, my own axles, my own propietary engine. Recreating its body cage from NEW METAL, and I had it drive very close to the original.......it was REMADE.

Just because you sit and drive and tell me "its drives the same" doesn't make it an original 1968 Shelby Cobra, does it?

The physic is also the same. The animations are the same. The way the game play is the same.

They only remade the visuals.

If you painted your Shelby a different color it would still be the same fucking car. Good job on the long winded analogy, dumbass.

• aitch 1

This is what I love about Jerry, he's actually wasting away his life. I'm driving back the Washington from Las Vegas and he's been arguing with me since I left. I've literally gone 800 miles and he's wasted God knows how many hours of his life while I'm just shitposting on the freeway LOL

Just now, jehurey said:

Except the developer CHOSE to keep it like that.

because the space of the environment actually matters to the gameplay and enemy encounters in Souls games.

Look at you...............you're changing your standard for how you judge a remaster vs a remake, again.

This is how I know you are full of shit on this subject. You have no consistent logic.

Once again the reasoning is irrelevant, the point is they haven't remade anything but the visuals. I don't mind that they are doing this at all, as I said earlier, I actually love it.

I never changed my view, the game is the same game with a new skin, not a full blown remake. It's actually somewhat insulting to actual remakes out there where they to actually remade the game and go their way to improve the gameplay and change level design and mechanics.

Bluepoint had it easy, two games that aged really well other than their visuals. Do you really think they are gonna use the same techniques for the rumored MGS/Silent Hill remakes??? lmfao, no they are going to be actual remakes this time, and this time we'll see if Bluepoint actually has any talent at making games and not just pretty visuals and riding off the success of two masterpiece games by remastering them with new visuals.

The physic is also the same. The animations are the same. The way the game play is the same.

They only remade the visuals.

If you painted your Shelby a different color it would still be the same fucking car. Good job on the long winded analogy, dumbass.

its running on its separate engine.

Show me where the foilage is in the original PS2 version?

Point it out to me.

693213-924364_20051017_001.jpg

Show me where this environmental polygonal asset of that mountain is at in the PS2 version.

QT7QJM6.png

I mean your ignorance on how video games are made is pretty shocking.

Do you think they just throw it in some A.I. based graphics upgrading tool, and it spits that out?

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This is what I love about Jerry, he's actually wasting away his life. I'm driving back the Washington from Las Vegas and he's been arguing with me since I left. I've literally gone 800 miles and he's wasted God knows how many hours of his life while I'm just shitposting on the freeway LOL

You're literally risking your life because you're whining about a PS5 game, and trying to downplay it as a remaster.

And you're losing the argument, because you haven't once brought up any technical analysis, even though you said you were going to.

Who's wasting their life again?

Just now, jehurey said:

its running on its separate engine.

Show me where the foilage is in the original PS2 version?

Point it out to me.

693213-924364_20051017_001.jpg

Show me where this environmental polygonal asset of that mountain is at in the PS2 version.

QT7QJM6.png

I mean your ignorance on how video games are made is pretty shocking.

Do you think they just throw it in some A.I. based graphics upgrading tool, and it spits that out?

Jerry, it's still the same geometric mesh of the landscape. They did this to keep the scale exactly the same, the only variation is new graphical assets have been built on top of this mesh.

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Once again the reasoning is irrelevant,

No.........you don't get to tell anybody what is or isn't irrelevant.

That's you changing your bullshit definitions based on talking points that you are LOSING.

The environmental space in Souls games DO MATTER, that's why they were designed the way they were designed.

What is the goal of remaking the game, if not keeping the very things that matter to the game in the first place.

No, you have been caught changing your bullshit definitions, and running to different talking points.

Resident Evil Remake does not set the definition of what a remake does.

By your logic...........a Hideo Kojima Metal Gear game that comes out with a "Definitive Edition" a couple of years later, and adds some minor gameplay tweaks, and some VR missions, are those now considered "remakes."

Oh and the background mountains now has more polygons with pointy ends at the top.

I can't fucking believe this, dude wasted his time taking stills of a video showing the same game running on two engines for the sake of coming up with shit argument.

Hey, didn't you notice something else dumbass, like how it was the same exact game with a new graphics engine???? :kaz:  Great power of observation, Sherlock.

I'm done. I'll go do something you never do, play some fucking games. Bye. :D