Read Dead Redemption 2 is fucking boring.

I jumped back in after months, or dare I say a year of not touching it.

Then I remembered why I stopped playing it. I got stuck in the part in which I have to find Javier Escuella but he is in a Dead or Alive zone in which I can't even trigger the mission.

After trying to sneak in, I got surrounded by pinkertons, disposed a good chunk of them but they kept coming in.

So I tried to run away but the realism is so stuck up on this "game" that the main character won't even jump or try to climb uphill terrain.

Fuck it.

Uninstalled this pos.

Too slow, too realistic, very very and I mean VERY FUCKING TEDIOUS.

Edited by MalaXmaS
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Gorgeous game.  Boring at times, but some really good moments too.  Best on PC in Ultrawide. :wow2: 

I'd say that moments in which I found myself fucking staring at the game and wondering if it was worth my time far outweighed the times in which I actually had fun.

It is a very beautiful game but unnecessarily tedious.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I'd say that moments in which I found myself fucking staring at the game and wondering if it was worth my time far outweighed the times in which I actually had fun.

It is a very beautiful game but unnecessarily tedious.

I approached it from a different mindset. When I first played it I was aware of the complaints, but instead of looking at it like a game I played it under the frame of mind that this is what would actually be happening more or less if someone was really doing something. I took to it like a simulation more than a game, and once I did I was able to enjoy it for what it is. 

• Like 2

I enjoyed it for what it was but it's definitely the type of game I could only play once every couple years or so. I put it down for a pretty long while halfway through before going back and finishing up.

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I approached it from a different mindset. When I first played it I was aware of the complaints, but instead of looking at it like a game I played it under the frame of mind that this is what would actually be happening more or less if someone was really doing something. I took to it like a simulation more than a game, and once I did I was able to enjoy it for what it is. 

This. Plus, I dug the story and characters. 

I agree it can get pretty boring but it truly is an amazing production, the presentation in particular was stellar, the voice acting and everything was some of the best in the industry.

The game has a few major issues imo that are carried by the amazing production values and technical quality of the game. Rockstar's main problem is still their gameplay structure, especially during missions. The incredible open world was thrown away during missions that were incredibly linear and limited options. The character options of the open world and how you played Morgan also often were polar opposite to the story they were trying to tell, making for extremely jarring moments. Then obviously there was the slow pace and simulation style animation for a 50+ hour open world which many felt extremely boring.