Hermits lost one of their few remaining exclusive franchises

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And the crowd went mild

Man, PC gaming is DOOMED. Time to buy a PS5 with Crusader Kings 3 and Ratshit and Clark 12.

twinblade's revenge for buying a shitty gpu

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Boundless said:

No wonder these guys are begging for PS4 games from a decade ago. yeesh

Lol, says the guy who is hyping a Sega Saturn ports collection from 1996 as his most anticipated game of the year.

• dead 1
6 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

one of their few remaining AAA exclusives

2020 pc exclusives

hl alyx - 93

ms flight sim - 91

crusader kings 3 - 91

wow shadowlands - 83

:pavarotti:

Might as well scratch of hl alyx, that’s a guaranteed PSVR2 launch game. Every half life becomes an RE4 and is ported to anything that can run it

Edited by Delita
  • Geese 1
11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Crusader Kings now on consoles :lul:  

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

one of their few remaining AAA exclusives

2020 pc exclusives

hl alyx - 93

ms flight sim - 91

crusader kings 3 - 91

wow shadowlands - 83

:pavarotti:

This isn't how the PC market really works anymore. PC doesn't really compete vs consoles, there is almost 0 reason to not port your game to consoles and get easy $$.   The only reason it even has exclusives is due to other systems not having enough of the preferred control method (kb/m) for certain genres.  But the opposite is also true -  it gets the most amount of games period, from systems that don't give games to each other since they do not see it as direct competition. And it's for the same reason, easy $$$. The result is the highest AAA+AA count at both GS and MC. I believe it had over 100 more 8+ games than the second next system last gen, which is why the fangirls here stopped doing Metagaming. It got boring with PC having such high leads. Like the kid I just quoted sure loves his exclusive lists, but tell him to put a total 8+ game library list (the main thing we ever used) for the last 3 gens. He won't. He knows why he won't. PC fucking stomps.

So I'm going to just chalk this off as silly bait or dumb people who are still stuck in the past.

Edited by Substatic
2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

This isn't how the PC market really works anymore. PC doesn't really compete vs consoles.

no, it lives in the dredges beneath the consoles.

not unlike barnacles feeding from the bottom a big fat whale.

87-M15-32-2-22-87-Sick-Yfor-blog-640x512

just a really pathetic way to live.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

no, it lives in the dredges beneath the consoles.

What the fuck do you mean. PC won by every metagame criteria we have ever used at SW(any site) for last gen.

Edited by Substatic
Just now, Substatic said:

What the fuck do you mean. PC won by every metagame criteria we have ever used at SW for last gen.

Except for exclusives...........which is the first and PRIMARY criteria we use to determine one platform being better than the other.

Did you forget that?

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

just a really pathetic way to live.

Playing the much better version of 99% of games on the top 2 major systems, while having a triple digit lead in AAA/AA titles, and a 99% stranglehold on competitive gaming is pathetic?

Interesting. 

P.S. So I guess MS Exclusives are in this weird zone that don't get counted either way?

Edited by Substatic
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

which is the first and PRIMARY criteria we use to determine one platform being better than the other.

It never was lmao. The primary criteria was always general library total AAA+AA count. I remember 10+ page threads me vs Carlos (among others) on that specific criteria.

Who gives a fuck if a system has 10 more exclusives when it's down by 200 AAA+AA titles. You gained 10 more  AAA/AA games but are missing out on 200 AAA/AA games.  :D  

Edited by Substatic
1 minute ago, Substatic said:

Playing the much better version of 99% of games on the top 2 major systems, while having a triple digit lead in AAA/AA titles, and a 99% stranglehold on competitive gaming is pathetic?

Interesting.

You pretending that the primary metric that we've been using for the past 15 years of this entire forums existence.............suddenly NOT MATTER anymore in your eyes....................is what is interesting.

its also not working.

It never was lmao.

Yes it was.

Please, don't waste our time pretending to play stupid and act like exclusives don't matter.

This was actually Cows argument against the Gamecube during the PS2 era, and it didn't work then. Exclusives carried weight and that was used against cows and PS2 games, which relied heavily on multiplats back then.

You pretending that the primary metric that we've been using for the past 15 years of this entire forums existence 

Why lie? I remember the end of gen threads were it was mostly total library number spam.  AAA and AA only though.

I don't get the reason in lying here.

Please, don't waste our time pretending to play stupid and act like exclusives don't matter.

They matter. They add to your total library list.

It's that those 5 games you gained aren't all of a sudden equal to the 100-200 less games you missed out on (lol Nintendo).  Your system had far less playable AAA and AA games and it meant it lost. Bigly.

Edited by Substatic

Why lie? I remember the end of gen threads were it was mostly total library number spam.  AAA and AA only though.

I don't get the reason in lying here.

No, you're the one lying.

Sorry, projection isn't going to work, either.

Why lie? I remember the end of gen threads were it was mostly total library number spam.

It didn't work for the cows during the PS2 era.

Its not going to work for you.

Especially since most gaming website's Top 10 of the year list is almost always occupied with exclusives as being the best games of that year.

No amount of Far Cry or Battlefield games...........at whatever HIGHER RESOLUTION you want to talk about is going to compensate for that.

You can lie to yourself.......but don't lie out in public in front of other people, or they'll simply call you out.

20 minutes ago, Substatic said:

This isn't how the PC market really works anymore. PC doesn't really compete vs consoles,

correct. the way pc works now is paying a premium price to play console ports. it cant compete.

• NPC 1