Windows 11: Free release scheduled for October 5th

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Win 10 is awful.  I suspect 11 will be much the same.  Downgraded to the last good windows (7).  

I agree, windows 7 was the new xp. Never had problems with either versions. 10 can suck my ass with all these bullshit features and setting up garbage I don't want

Windows 10 felt like one of those craptastic slav games you see on Steam for $1. Poorly programmed, badly designed and only exists to exploit you.   In fact I’d actually trust one of those “

Windows 10 felt like one of those craptastic slav games you see on Steam for $1. Poorly programmed, badly designed and only exists to exploit you.

In fact I’d actually trust one of those “developers” to install software on my computer before trusting Microsoft again.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Windows 10 felt like one of those craptastic slav games you see on Steam for $1. Poorly programmed, badly designed and only exists to exploit you.

In fact I’d actually trust one of those “developers” to install software on my computer before trusting Microsoft again.

You're being ridiculous

Just now, Remij said:

You're being ridiculous

You’re blinded by your love for Microsoft.

It’s well known that Microsofts internal testing isn’t as robust as it used to be, that really shows in Windows 10 as none of the updates feel reasonably tested. No other OS has such a large scale of people experiencing problems with its updates and its so bad that Microsoft has to rollout in stages because they have no confidence in their own products.

If Microsoft didn’t have a monopoly nobody would use Windows 10. That’s why so many were clinging onto W7 until the bitter end. No other OS has people that afraid of upgrading.

I don’t see anything changing for W11. Microsoft has its monopoly which isnt going away anytime soon, why should they change? But hey they’re finding more ways to tie to into their shitty eco system or harvest your data for Bing ads.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

You’re blinded by your love for Microsoft.

It’s well known that Microsofts internal testing isn’t as robust as it used to be, that really shows in Windows 10 as none of the updates feel reasonably tested. No other OS has such a large scale of people experiencing problems with its updates and its so bad that Microsoft has to rollout in stages because they have no confidence in their own products.

If Microsoft didn’t have a monopoly nobody would use Windows 10. That’s why so many were clinging onto W7 until the bitter end. No other OS has people that afraid of upgrading.

I don’t see anything changing for W11. Microsoft has its monopoly which isnt going away anytime soon, why should they change? But hey they’re finding more ways to tie to into their shitty eco system or harvest your data for Bing ads.

No.. I'm not blinded by anything.  You're just being ridiculous with your hate ATM.  I'm not saying Win 10 is perfect... 

And I'm very well aware that their testing has changed.  That's the whole reason insiders exist.. is to test "internally" on a much wider scale.

The fact is that Windows is an unwieldy beast.  There's so much legacy code, of course it's not as easy to change or fix something on a dime.

But there's the point... People wouldn't use Windows 10 if MS didn't have a monopoly you say... but the fact is that people KEEP using Windows because they want to... They don't WANT to change what works...

Windows 11 is still MOSTLY Windows 10 in its core... it's mostly just a UI update and cleaning up some of the legacy stuff that's there.  I can pretty much guarantee this will be one of the easiest most painless "Windows version update" that has ever existed.

20 minutes ago, Remij said:

No.. I'm not blinded by anything.  You're just being ridiculous with your hate ATM.  I'm not saying Win 10 is perfect... 

And I'm very well aware that their testing has changed.  That's the whole reason insiders exist.. is to test "internally" on a much wider scale.

The fact is that Windows is an unwieldy beast.  There's so much legacy code, of course it's not as easy to change or fix something on a dime.

But there's the point... People wouldn't use Windows 10 if MS didn't have a monopoly you say... but the fact is that people KEEP using Windows because they want to... They don't WANT to change what works...

Windows 11 is still MOSTLY Windows 10 in its core... it's mostly just a UI update and cleaning up some of the legacy stuff that's there.  I can pretty much guarantee this will be one of the easiest most painless "Windows version update" that has ever existed.

Ah yes Windows insider, sign up to beta test the product for them because they're too fucking cheap to pay for real testing.

You keep making excuses for them not being able to fix things. They have a net worth of $1 trillion dollars :| this isn't some struggling indie. There's absolutely no excuse for windows 10 to be as bad as it is. Windows itself has always been poor but it really shit the bed with 10. Apple doesn't have these problems, Google doesn't have these problems, Microsoft simply doesn't give a fuck because 1) it exists only to exploit its customers and 2) it has a monopoly. Think about it windows install starts with them trying to deceive people into registering an MS account, when your OS starts with a company trying to deceive you that's the kind of relationship you can expect throughout.

People don't use windows 10 because they want to they use it because they feel like they have to, either they need software which is exclusive to windows or they don't know about/don't feel confident enough exploring other options.

That's why everyone skipped windows 8 because it was shit. If you remember a lot of people wanted to skip windows 10 too but MS said it was here to stay and they pulled the plug on W7. That's why windows 7 -> 10 adoption was slow and up until the past few years a lot of people were sticking with 7. Windows 7, windows xp etc neither had people clinging onto the previous version for so many years like Windows 10 did. People did not want to upgrade to windows 10 until the updates for 7 stopped because windows 10 is pure shit.

$1 trillion dollars and you're acting like I'm being unfair and Microsoft is hard done by. As the saying goes you don't get rich by being generous, and in this case microsoft doesn't get rich by spending money making a good OS, hiring good developers and paying for good testing, they cheap out on making a good os, exploit their monopoly, pull every dirty trick they can to bury the competition, they're just a really shitty disgraceful company and they always have been. One of the most evil tech companies out there, perhaps the most evil.

I always have some trouble with win10 but this fgt @Spicalicious :kaz:  always tells me its my own fault and not the OS. but he's wrong, so many stupid decisions that force me to enable features I don't even want.

I would try the next win version if I get it free too. I only ever bought win7. 

• Ben 1
3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Ah yes Windows insider, sign up to beta test the product for them because they're too fucking cheap to pay for real testing.

You keep making excuses for them not being able to fix things. They have a net worth of $1 trillion dollars :| this isn't some struggling indie. There's absolutely no excuse for windows 10 to be as bad as it is. Windows itself has always been poor but it really shit the bed with 10. Apple doesn't have these problems, Google doesn't have these problems, Microsoft simply doesn't give a fuck because 1) it exists only to exploit its customers and 2) it has a monopoly. Think about it windows install starts with them trying to deceive people into registering an MS account, when your OS starts with a company trying to deceive you that's the kind of relationship you can expect throughout.

People don't use windows 10 because they want to they use it because they feel like they have to, either they need software which is exclusive to windows or they don't know about/don't feel confident enough exploring other options.

That's why everyone skipped windows 8 because it was shit. If you remember a lot of people wanted to skip windows 10 too but MS said it was here to stay and they pulled the plug on W7. That's why windows 7 -> 10 adoption was slow and up until the past few years a lot of people were sticking with 7. Windows 7, windows xp etc neither had people clinging onto the previous version for so many years like Windows 10 did. People did not want to upgrade to windows 10 until the updates for 7 stopped because windows 10 is pure shit.

$1 trillion dollars and you're acting like I'm being unfair and Microsoft is hard done by. As the saying goes you don't get rich by being generous, and in this case microsoft doesn't get rich by spending money making a good OS, hiring good developers and paying for good testing, they cheap out on making a good os, exploit their monopoly, pull every dirty trick they can to bury the competition, they're just a really shitty disgraceful company and they always have been. One of the most evil tech companies out there, perhaps the most evil.

lmao... you're being so ridiculous.

MS is deceiving people into registering?  lmfao... you're arguing about THE DUMBEST SHIT man...

You need an account for everything these days... and windows asks for your MS during post setup... not install. lmao.. just like anything else.

And again, you think I'm making excuses but it's simple facts... Windows has tons of legacy baggage that Apple and Google don't have....

And what problems are you constantly having?  Jesus... I use my PC all the damn time and I'm always on the latest experimental builds and I don't seem to have issues you like constantly do...

Win 8 was shit.... for a lot of reasons... Win 10 is far past that.. stop holding old ass shit against it.  Windows 10 is fine now, and Windows 11, as I've been using it.. is just as solid if not more so.

But read your post again, especially the last one... and try to tell me again you're not being over dramatic :D 

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

lmao... you're being so ridiculous.

MS is deceiving people into registering?  lmfao... you're arguing about THE DUMBEST SHIT man...

You need an account for everything these days... and windows asks for your MS during post setup... not install. lmao.. just like anything else.

And again, you think I'm making excuses but it's simple facts... Windows has tons of legacy baggage that Apple and Google don't have....

And what problems are you constantly having?  Jesus... I use my PC all the damn time and I'm always on the latest experimental builds and I don't seem to have issues you like constantly do...

Win 8 was shit.... for a lot of reasons... Win 10 is far past that.. stop holding old ass shit against it.  Windows 10 is fine now, and Windows 11, as I've been using it.. is just as solid if not more so.

But read your post again, especially the last one... and try to tell me again you're not being over dramatic :D 

You didn't need an account for windows before, windows isn't a smartphone. The reason they do this is not for your benefit, it's for theirs and rolling over and accepting it because "everyone else does it" is why corporations can get away with so much. They don't give people the option of registering or signing in or not, they try to hide that option. It starts out with deceit by a trillion dollar corporation, Microsoft is wealthy enough they don't need to be like this but they really don't give a fuck. Much like with 360 and the RROD they didn't give a fuck. There's a reason Lemmings have the name Lemmings.

I don't care what excuses Microsoft has for their OS being shitty I'll say it again their net worth is 1 trillion dollars. They can afford to hire some of the most skilled staff in the world and set up some of the most advanced testing labs but they don't because they're cheap and don't give a shit.

The idea that windows 10 used to be bad but is fine now is one of the biggest lies surrounding the operating system. It's much as shit as it was on day 1, with some things being improved and some things being worse. People hated it day 1 because they came from windows 7 and that was actually a competent OS. The only reason people think its ok now is because after 6 years or so they have adjusted to how shitty it is and take it as standard.

What problems was I having? none I know how to use a computer I've used them for decades. The problems all appeared when Microsoft started downloading new code onto my computer. All my problems stemmed from windows updates. I know every OS will have a few people who complain "the update broke my PC/Phone" etc but I've never seen it on the scale that Windows 10 has it. Normally it's a small fringe minority outside of a botched update but with windows 10 it's endemic.  Now I know what you're thinking "I have no problems I'm sure these people are just doing something wrong" but look here's NVIDIA telling people not to touch this broken windows update from April this year:

https://www.windowscentral.com/nvidia-staff-says-gamers-should-uninstall-latest-windows-10-update-fix-issues

Is NVIDIA wrong? or full of people who don't know what they're talking about? For what it's worth I I'm pretty sure that was the same update that really did a number on my PC. You know what's fucked up? I can find stories from 2016 about windows 10 breaking GPUs too. They have the same shitty bugs they've had for 5 years.

I mean just look at this shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/85eku2/can_we_talk_about_how_fucked_windows_update_still/

https://threatpost.com/microsoft-windows-update-patch-tuesday/163981/

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3532092/come-on-microsoft-is-it-really-that-hard-to-update-windows-10-right.html

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-are-horrible/38a58623-b53c-4c70-9b35-22e2936e45f8

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1439547/Windows-10-update-causes-another-nightmare-bad-news-Chrome-users

Windows 10 updates have had a very bad reputation for a long time. They're terrible, and Windows 7 was never this bad.

Here's a video that goes a little more in depth; spoiler alert - Microsoft has changed how they test and release updates which is why this problem is so much more prevalent in Windows 10 than any previous version of windows. In short YOU are the beta tester.

https://youtu.be/S9kn8_oztsA

The updates used to take forever when windows 10 was first released but at least they mostly worked. Now they don't take as long but they're fucking busted. Windows updates have become even worse and feel even less tested than ever before I feel. It's funny they're forcing more telemetry than ever before on users and yet somehow their product is the worst its ever been? so then whats the point of the damn telemetry clearly it's not doing anything beneficial for users.

In short the broken update earlier this year was the final straw for me after years of a shitty product. I switched to Linux and I've never been happier. Run by people who could never dream of having the money Microsoft has yet is much more stable, reliable, well made, and you don't have that fear run down your spine everytime you see the update notification and wonder how badly they're gonna screw up your system this time.

Also microsoft office is worse than ever on windows 10 but don't even get me start on that :reg:

• dead 1
25 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

You didn't need an account for windows before, windows isn't a smartphone. The reason they do this is not for your benefit, it's for theirs and rolling over and accepting it because "everyone else does it" is why corporations can get away with so much. They don't give people the option of registering or signing in or not, they try to hide that option. It starts out with deceit by a trillion dollar corporation, Microsoft is wealthy enough they don't need to be like this but they really don't give a fuck. Much like with 360 and the RROD they didn't give a fuck. There's a reason Lemmings have the name Lemmings.

I don't care what excuses Microsoft has for their OS being shitty I'll say it again their net worth is 1 trillion dollars. They can afford to hire some of the most skilled staff in the world and set up some of the most advanced testing labs but they don't because they're cheap and don't give a shit.

The idea that windows 10 used to be bad but is fine now is one of the biggest lies surrounding the operating system. It's much as shit as it was on day 1, with some things being improved and some things being worse. People hated it day 1 because they came from windows 7 and that was actually a competent OS. The only reason people think its ok now is because after 6 years or so they have adjusted to how shitty it is and take it as standard.

What problems was I having? none I know how to use a computer I've used them for decades. The problems all appeared when Microsoft started downloading new code onto my computer. All my problems stemmed from windows updates. I know every OS will have a few people who complain "the update broke my PC/Phone" etc but I've never seen it on the scale that Windows 10 has it. Normally it's a small fringe minority outside of a botched update but with windows 10 it's endemic.  Now I know what you're thinking "I have no problems I'm sure these people are just doing something wrong" but look here's NVIDIA telling people not to touch this broken windows update from April this year:

https://www.windowscentral.com/nvidia-staff-says-gamers-should-uninstall-latest-windows-10-update-fix-issues

Is NVIDIA wrong? or full of people who don't know what they're talking about? For what it's worth I I'm pretty sure that was the same update that really did a number on my PC. You know what's fucked up? I can find stories from 2016 about windows 10 breaking GPUs too. They have the same shitty bugs they've had for 5 years.

I mean just look at this shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/85eku2/can_we_talk_about_how_fucked_windows_update_still/

https://threatpost.com/microsoft-windows-update-patch-tuesday/163981/

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3532092/come-on-microsoft-is-it-really-that-hard-to-update-windows-10-right.html

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-are-horrible/38a58623-b53c-4c70-9b35-22e2936e45f8

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1439547/Windows-10-update-causes-another-nightmare-bad-news-Chrome-users

Windows 10 updates have had a very bad reputation for a long time. They're terrible, and Windows 7 was never this bad.

Here's a video that goes a little more in depth; spoiler alert - Microsoft has changed how they test and release updates which is why this problem is so much more prevalent in Windows 10 than any previous version of windows. In short YOU are the beta tester.

https://youtu.be/S9kn8_oztsA

The updates used to take forever when windows 10 was first released but at least they mostly worked. Now they don't take as long but they're fucking busted. Windows updates have become even worse and feel even less tested than ever before I feel. It's funny they're forcing more telemetry than ever before on users and yet somehow their product is the worst its ever been? so then whats the point of the damn telemetry clearly it's not doing anything beneficial for users.

In short the broken update earlier this year was the final straw for me after years of a shitty product. I switched to Linux and I've never been happier. Run by people who could never dream of having the money Microsoft has yet is much more stable, reliable, well made, and you don't have that fear run down your spine everytime you see the update notification and wonder how badly they're gonna screw up your system this time.

Also microsoft office is worse than ever on windows 10 but don't even get me start on that :reg:

I'm sorry I said anything :whoa:

Since they went back and decided to actually make good on their original promise to have DirectStorage on W10, I don't have any need to upgrade to Windows 11.

I guarantee you this is the "facebook'd" version of WIndows that is designed to track everything you do for reasons that don't benefit you.

Edited by jehurey
11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Since they went back and decided to actually make good on their original promise to have DirectStorage on W10, I don't have any need to upgrade to Windows 11.

I guarantee you this is the "facebook'd" version of WIndows that is designed to track everything you do for reasons that don't benefit you.

Windows 10 will have DirectStorage in a limited capacity.

@DynamiteCop

Of course you think it’s fine, it’s a Microsoft product. When your updates are a laughing stock amongst users, and when you have such a high number of people holding onto the old version because they don’t want the current/new version then all signs point to Windows 10 being far from “fine”.

@jehurey

I’d say that is Windows 10. They track so much via telemetry reporting to Microsoft thousands of times per day but it sure as hell isn’t for the benefit of the user given how bad their updates have become.