Kena Bridge of Spirits launch trailer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really like this game.  Played a few hours and am loving it so far.  Nice challenge too with the bosses!   This weekend though I'm playing Halo and Tales.  Kena will be next after Tales  

i love the spiderman and forza horizon games, so it's a win/win for me  

Pls be a banger. This looks so good.   

29 minutes ago, Remij said:

No.  My point is that Forza isn't a story driven game.  Forza... like Sports titles, are games you continually go back to...

Sony games are one-and-done romps... lmfao.  You literally have Sony fuckbois here acting like their games don't even exist anymore after 2 years :kaz: 

people go back to old forzas so much theyre being de-listed :kaz:

https://www.gamebyte.com/forza-motorsport-7-is-being-delisted-this-september/

• dead 1
Just now, Goukosan said:

:drake:

Forza isn't a rehash dumbo..  They build completely huge entirely different open-world environments, new events and modes... every time... the list goes on and on.

The point is that the game is about driving/racing... much like sports games are about, you know.. playing the sport...  That doesn't change.. because that's the entire point of them.  They're similar in that way. :drake: 

But that's where the similarity ends.  You can't look at Forza Horizon 5 compared to FH4... and think wow.. they haven't done anything to it... like you can a Madden game. :reg: 

LMAO and the irony of Sheep talking about rehashes... half of your games literally being the same WiiU games sold again for full price :tom: 

3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

people go back to old forzas so much theyre being de-listed :kaz:

https://www.gamebyte.com/forza-motorsport-7-is-being-delisted-this-september/

It's being delisted because there's licenses which run out and expire... and if they want to create new games using those licenses they're sometimes forced to end the old ones.

Shit happens.. but that's what happens when games are built around licenses. :shrug: 

Just now, Remij said:

It's being delisted because there's licenses which run out and expire... and if they want to create new games using those licenses they're sometimes forced to end the old ones.

Shit happens.. but that's what happens when games are built around licenses. :shrug: 

They would renew the licenses if anyone was playing or buying it still

3 minutes ago, Voidler said:

They would renew the licenses if anyone was playing or buying it still

Depends on the contracts.  It can be the fact that to use specific licenses in a new game, they have to terminate the old one... as to make the new thing more appealing.

It only takes one licensee to decide not to renew to shutter the whole thing.

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Depends on the contracts.  It can be the fact that to use specific licenses in a new game, they have to terminate the old one... as to force people to buy the new thing.

It only takes one licensee to decide not to renew to shutter the whole thing.

No they would just patch out anything that can't be renewed. Stop making excuses

Just now, Voidler said:

No they would just patch out anything that can't be renewed. Stop making excuses

LMAO you're not patching out entire brands... LOL  And how do you patch out shit people paid for? 

Stop being stupid :kaz: 

Anyway, we've derailed this thread long enough.  Back to Kena...  It looks like it's settling around 82 on metacritic which is pretty much what I had guessed.  I like what I've played so far.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMAO you're not patching out entire brands... LOL  And how do you patch out shit people paid for? 

Stop being stupid :kaz: 

Anyway, we've derailed this thread long enough.  Back to Kena...  It looks like it's settling around 82 on metacritic which is pretty much what I had guessed.  I like what I've played so far.

If they've already bought it then its paid for, just like you can still go get a disc copy. Its about continuing to sell that content

They aren't stopping people from playing it anymore, they are stopping people from buying it. If there is a specific licensee who won't renew then you patch out purchases for them and that content for anybody buying the game new

They won't do that because nobody plays it

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Forza isn't a rehash dumbo..  They build completely huge entirely different open-world environments, new events and modes... every time... the list goes on and on.

The point is that the game is about driving/racing... much like sports games are about, you know.. playing the sport...  That doesn't change.. because that's the entire point of them.  They're similar in that way. :drake: 

But that's where the similarity ends.  You can't look at Forza Horizon 5 compared to FH4... and think wow.. they haven't done anything to it... like you can a Madden game. :reg: 

LMAO and the irony of Sheep talking about rehashes... half of your games literally being the same WiiU games sold again for full price :tom: 

Just like those sports games a new Forza renders last year's version obsolete ... Yearly rehash trash :drake:

Edited by Goukosan

PS5 having the best first year for a Sony console is really triggering the people who decided now was a good time for them not to get a PS5 :hest:

Best console exclusives of Year 1 of PS4:

-Resogun

-TLOU Remastered

-Infamous Second Son

PS5:

- Demons Souls

- Miles

- Astros Playroom

- Sackboy

- Ratchet

- Returnal

- FFVII Intergrade

- GoT Director's Cut

- Deathloop

- Kena

- Death Stranding Director's Cut?

and it's got Horizon 2, GoW2 and GT7 next year already.

:mj: 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

PS5 having the best first year for a Sony console is really triggering the people who decided now was a good time for them not to get a PS5 :hest:

Best console exclusives of Year 1 of PS4:

-Resogun

-TLOU Remastered

-Infamous Second Son

PS5:

- Demons Souls

- Miles

- Astros Playroom

- Sackboy

- Ratchet

- Returnal

- FFVII Intergrade

- GoT Director's Cut

- Deathloop

- Kena

- Death Stranding Director's Cut?

and it's got Horizon 2, GoW2 and GT7 next year already.

:mj: 

PS4 had way more games than that, you really aren't giving it enough credit. PS5's first year has been pretty lackluster overall.

Just now, Twinblade said:

PS4 had way more games than that, you really aren't giving it enough credit. PS5's first year has been pretty lackluster overall.

name them. You constantly say this without saying them. 

PS4 year one was horrific. 

and if you look at that PS5 year 1 list and call it lackluster I don't even know what you say.

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

name them. You constantly say this without saying them. 

PS4 year one was horrific. 

and if you look at that PS5 year 1 list and call it lackluster I don't even know what you say.

PS4's wasn't much better, but im actually thinking long term atm. The reality is that you could count on Sony to deliver quality exclusives afterwards, which is exactly what they did. Sony's new approach with PS5 is putting all of its major exclusives on PS4 and I think thats seriously going to hurt the console in the long run. Horizon and GoW wow'd us last gen but can their sequels really have the same effect when they have to be designed for the limitations of the PS4? I seriously doubt it. 

PS5's first year would be fine if they were following the same template they set with the PS4, but the cross gen approach is not getting me excited for its future.

Just now, Twinblade said:

PS4's wasn't much better, but im actually thinking long term atm. The reality is that you could count on Sony to deliver quality exclusives afterwards, which is exactly what they did. Sony's new approach with PS5 is putting all of its major exclusives on PS4 and I think thats seriously going to hurt the console in the long run. Horizon and GoW wow'd us last gen but can their sequels really have the same effect when they have to be designed for the limitations of the PS4? I seriously doubt it. 

PS5's first year would be fine if they were following the same template they set with the PS5, but the cross gen approach is not going to get me excited for its future.

So I assume you tried you looking at the PS4 year 1 list and saw how horrific it was. You complain about cross gen but even if you take out ALL the cross gen games, PS5 still has farrrrr more AA+ PS5 only games in it's first year than PS4 had. Demons Souls (9), Returnal (9), Ratchet (9), Deathloop (10), Astro (8). You know what PS4 had....Resogun (8) and Infamous Second Son (8).

It isn't even a close comparison. You have serious revisionist history on PS4. It literally had nothing note worthy till Bloodborne. Then Sony picked it up big time. Meanwhile the output on PS5 has been better than they have ever done in the past. It's not even debatable. 

14 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

So I assume you tried you looking at the PS4 year 1 list and saw how horrific it was. You complain about cross gen but even if you take out ALL the cross gen games, PS5 still has farrrrr more AA+ PS5 only games in it's first year than PS4 had. Demons Souls (9), Returnal (9), Ratchet (9), Deathloop (10), Astro (8). You know what PS4 had....Resogun (8) and Infamous Second Son (8).

It isn't even a close comparison. You have serious revisionist history on PS4. It literally had nothing note worthy till Bloodborne. Then Sony picked it up big time. Meanwhile the output on PS5 has been better than they have ever done in the past. It's not even debatable. 

Demon's Souls - A paint by numbers remake

Returnal - Seems solid but its a $70 roguelike that most agreed was overpriced

Ratchet - The one impressive game thats also a good tech showcase for the system

Deathloop - Good but just another multiplat

Astro - Good tech demo of the Dualsense's capabilities

Maybe thats better than PS4's, but I find it hard to believe thats at all an exciting lineup. i've only played Ratchet and and Astro to completion, I could care less about the other games. I got a PS4 at launch and definitely got more play time out of it.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Demon's Souls - A paint by numbers remake

Returnal - Seems solid but its a $70 roguelike that most agreed was overpriced

Ratchet - The one impressive game thats also a good tech showcase for the system

Deathloop - Good but just another multiplat

Astro - Good tech demo of the Dualsense's capabilities

Maybe thats better than PS4's, but I find it hard to believe thats at all an exciting lineup. i've only played Ratchet and and Astro to completion, I could care less about the other games. I got a PS4 at launch and definitely got more play time out of it.

Again I'd love you hear what you were playing on PS4 that wasn't multiplat. Cause that's all it had that was good for a long time.

Killzone? lol Knack??? You are being very very generous with PS4 yet awfully harsh with the absolute flood of AAA/AAAA on PS5. No other year 1 system comes close and I'm not talking personal taste, I mean objectively great games. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Again I'd love you hear what you were playing on PS4 that wasn't multiplat. Cause that's all it had that was good for a long time.

Killzone? lol Knack??? You are being very very generous with PS4 yet awfully harsh with the absolute flood of AAA/AAAA on PS5. No other year 1 system comes close and I'm not talking personal taste, I mean objectively great games. 

To each their own, I think there have been many systems with better first years including the PS2, 360, and hell even the PS3.

And yes Killzone wasn't that great but it was a technical showpiece