Matrix Awakens full gameplay

Look at the broken shards of glass as the girl is shooting out from the back window.

Also they should've shown Trinity in his all-black leather outfit, the reflections on that would be insane.

That's probably why they didn't, it would've tanked the framerate.

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

there's free roam gameplay at the end.

Yeah I saw, but not long enough of it to judge imo. Gotta wait for more stuff I guess.

46 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Wait, this isn't on PC? Lmao...Just more proof that its consoles pushing tech forward, no matter how much hermits spend on their rigs.

Isn't that just for the Demo? I can't imagine them not wanting to release the full version on PC so people can experience it at it's by far best. Especially as a gfx showcase game which always push gfx forward every gen on PC.

Edited by Substatic
5 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Yeah I saw, but not long enough of it to judge imo. Gotta wait for more stuff I guess.

Isn't that just for the Demo? I can't imagine them not wanting to release the full version on PC so people can experience it at it's by far best. Especially as a gfx showcase game which always push gfx forward every gen on PC.

No, this UE5 demo is meant to showoff the importance of data streaming, which is why they initially ported it to PS5.

They've advertised the Lumen demo as taking specific advantage of that feature of the PS5.

Gane looks shit. The lock on shooting in the car, the terrible physics in the city.

Its one of those games that looks nice graphically but you can just tell there's a real mediocre development team behind it and it all falls apart outisde of screenshots.

PS5: dynamic 1620p at 30fps (1404p common)
Series S: dynamic 1080p at 30fps (828p common)
Series X: dynamic 1620p at 30fps (1404p common)

- It's the first time we can see a direct comparison of Unreal Engine 5 on new generation consoles taking advantage of the new features.
- All 3 versions use Temporal Super Resolution to upsampling to the original resolution.
- The models have been recreated using Metahuman.
- Lumen has been used for global illumination and reflections. Xbox Series S displays a lower setting, resulting in lower resolution reflections and shadows or more noise in ambient occlusion.
- Chaos is the new physics and destruction engine applied by Unreal Engine 5. Vehicle hits have very good results, but they have a big impact on performance.
- The World Partition & Rule Processor has been used for the creation of the city.
- The new geometry virtualization system (Nanite) is also present. Xbox Series S shows a lower configuration in this section as well.
- Loading times are fastest on Series S, followed by PS5 and Xbox Series X by tenths of a second. They hardly need 5 seconds to load the world.
- The framerate during cinematics suffers constant stuttering at 24/25fps on all three platforms.
- During gameplay, Series S and PS5 have a more stable framerate than Xbox Series X. During driving and impacts, they can drop up to 20fps.
- The quality of the texturing seems to be the same on all 3 platforms.
- The drawn distance is slightly lower on Xbox Series S.
- It is a very interesting first contact with Unreal Engine 5, although it was a technical demo (quite complete). Without a doubt, a bright future awaits us with this engine

Edited by Team 2019
9 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Gane looks shit. The lock on shooting in the car, the terrible physics in the city.

Its one of those games that looks nice graphically but you can just tell there's a real mediocre development team behind it and it all falls apart outisde of screenshots.

Holy shit at these hermits

It's a tech demo not a game.