MS: COD will still be on PlayStation in the future. Wants to add Nintendo.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lemtards like Vini and Ghostz who thought a big series like CoD would be exclusive to Xbox.     I tried telling them, their fanboys hopes and dreams have been crushed.

The Nintendo part is interesting.. depending on which games they're talking about.  Probably Diablo and stuff like that that can actually run decently on the hardware.   I wonder if they mig

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

You lying piece of shit  :sabu:

:will2: Why would you lie about something that's so easily verifiable. Your dumbass was saying that Phil was vague because they intended to pull COD out of Playstation as soon as the deals were over. Your fucking lying ass has been exposed. Eat your L you fucking clown, you were wrong.

:kaz: Caught lying in 4K...

1946189546_ownedCapture.thumb.JPG.9991146bd8df362ed9efde096ae26129.JPG

152018417_pwned2Capture.thumb.JPG.70ec1e84ff2ebcdf264aae754a152a40.JPG

:sabu:

• Geese 1
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

That's what you what to hear but it's not the reality of the situation. 

Let's be real here... MS went this route because they couldn't cut it in the traditional VG market. 

For all the billions they spent they still ended up a distant third. 

They didn't just randomly wake up one day and decided to do gamepass and 3rd party shit out of the goodness of their hearts.

They had no choice, something had to be done to try to turn the gaming division around... I mean they're not there as yet... Still years away from seeing the fruits of the plan.. 

But Sony and Nintendo are both killing it... No way in hell they switch gears unless they start faltering... And faltering for years.. Multiple gens. 

MS strategy has not even shown that it's successful as yet.... Why would Sony or Nintendo Switch gears for a billion dollar gamble that is not guaranteed to work long term? 

You already see Sony going multiplatform..  Jim Ryan actually says that word.

They're buying studios to port their games to PC.  They're buying publishers and keeping games multiplat.

This isn't the same Sony as it was at the start of the PS4 gen.  This new Sony sees themselves as the maker of popular hit franchises that people want to play and experience.  They now see limiting these franchises to only consoles, and only a portion of that console space, as limiting their potential.  Jim Ryan even said he's frustrated that their games can't reach more players.  They're moving and expanding into more service based games, because that's another market where they have very little first party presence.

I wont argue MS' failure in the traditional market is what sparked them to change course.  I've said that before as well.  Ultimately that doesn't matter one bit.. what matters is that they are actively changing the gaming landscape right before our eyes.  You're absolutely right that in order for the others to "fully follow" MS they have to prove it can be successful and thrive from it.  GamePass augments their business.. it doesn't replace it... at least not yet.  Sure everything they are doing is in service of GamePass eventually becoming the primary way to consume games... but as you said they have a long way to go. 

But... Sony ALSO sees the subscription service as a way of expanding their reach... and that's exactly what they are going to do.

That's how I see them beginning to follow MS.  And of course there's all the metaverse shit that's coming, which Sony will also throw themselves behind with their IPs.  That shit only works.. if things are truly cross-platform.

There's a huge shift coming to the gaming landscape... it should be obvious to you by now.  Things aren't the same anymore.  So just because Sony or Nintendo are majorly successful in the traditional market, doesn't mean they will allow MS to create a new market and become an unstoppable giant without putting up a fight of their own.

Here's a question, one that I've been asking myself a few times lately.

There's 200 million smartphones.

There's about 40 to 80 smart televisions that can run apps

There's tens of millions of Roku devices

There's millions of Apple TV devices.

Why hasn't Microsoft released the xCloud app on all of those devices............six months ago?

Why does it look like they're fighting so hard to try and get into the Playstation and Switch ecosystems when there's hundreds of millions of devices they could put xcloud/GamePass on and sell people GamePass ultimate bundled with a WiFi-connecting Xbox controller?

Why haven't they done that already. What wasn't that one of the very first things?

Just now, Remij said:

You already see Sony going multiplatform.. 

But not with any current games for the current platform they support, on games they 100% control.

They only seem to be doing it with games that were originally made for older platforms that are no longer their main focus.

And now, the new multiplatform projects appear to be NEW, additional ventures, and not their existing traditional video game development teams.

It clearly seems like Jim Ryan has drawn an observable line.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Here's a question, one that I've been asking myself a few times lately.

There's 200 million smartphones.

There's about 40 to 80 smart televisions that can run apps

There's tens of millions of Roku devices

There's millions of Apple TV devices.

Why hasn't Microsoft released the xCloud app on all of those devices............six months ago?

Why does it look like they're fighting so hard to try and get into the Playstation and Switch ecosystems when there's hundreds of millions of devices they could put xcloud/GamePass on and sell people GamePass ultimate bundled with a WiFi-connecting Xbox controller?

Why haven't they done that already. What wasn't that one of the very first things?

Because PS/Switch are proven markets with real consumers and gamers. While the cloud audience is some account's and marketing department's pipe dream at this point and has nothing to do with reality.

I mean Stadia isn't even doing "poorly" it's literally dead. I wonder if it even has like 100k active users a month at this point, if not sub 50k.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

All of Sony's GAAS games from what I understand in the future will be PS5/PC day. It makes too much sense. I think the era of PS only MP games is over. They can't release an MP game later on PC by 1 year because it's not a SP game, they're "alive" and they have to launch at the same time.

Now what ALSO really needs to happen is full PSVR2 support on PC, maybe not day 1. But it has to happen

Sony could support PSVR2 on PC at any point really.  It would be best for them to launch it, see how it goes, and then in the future they could announce some PSVR2 games for PC, and then add support of the headset to PC.

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

You already see Sony going multiplatform..  Jim Ryan actually says that word.

They're buying studios to port their games to PC.  They're buying publishers and keeping games multiplat.

This isn't the same Sony as it was at the start of the PS4 gen.  This new Sony sees themselves as the maker of popular hit franchises that people want to play and experience.  They now see limiting these franchises to only consoles, and only a portion of that console space, as limiting their potential.  Jim Ryan even said he's frustrated that their games can't reach more players.  They're moving and expanding into more service based games, because that's another market where they have very little first party presence.

I wont argue MS' failure in the traditional market is what sparked them to change course.  I've said that before as well.  Ultimately that doesn't matter one bit.. what matters is that they are actively changing the gaming landscape right before our eyes.  You're absolutely right that in order for the others to "fully follow" MS they have to prove it can be successful and thrive from it.  GamePass augments their business.. it doesn't replace it... at least not yet.  Sure everything they are doing is in service of GamePass eventually becoming the primary way to consume games... but as you said they have a long way to go. 

But... Sony ALSO sees the subscription service as a way of expanding their reach... and that's exactly what they are going to do.

That's how I see them beginning to follow MS.  And of course there's all the metaverse shit that's coming, which Sony will also throw themselves behind with their IPs.  That shit only works.. if things are truly cross-platform.

There's a huge shift coming to the gaming landscape... it should be obvious to you by now.  Things aren't the same anymore.  So just because Sony or Nintendo are majorly successful in the traditional market, doesn't mean they will allow MS to create a new market and become an unstoppable giant without putting up a fight of their own.

The key point your missing is MS current strategy is THE LOSS LEADER by a mile. 

Nintendo and Sony will dabble in it, so that incase it does take off they can ramp it up quickly.... But they're not following MS to lose billions of dollars when they're currently killing it. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

But not with any current games for the current platform they support, on games they 100% control.

They only seem to be doing it with games that were originally made for older platforms that are no longer their main focus.

And now, the new multiplatform projects appear to be NEW, additional ventures, and not their existing traditional video game development teams.

It clearly seems like Jim Ryan has drawn an observable line.

Eh, I see the same thing as MS in the beginning.

They'll massage the market until it's ready to accept a world where their games appear everywhere.  These new games is exactly how they'll do it.

Sony has the ability to do it slowly, because they're successful with their games.. whereas MS had to stem the blood flow from Xbox at the time.

But it ends up at the same point, eventually.

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The key point your missing is MS current strategy is THE LOSS LEADER by a mile. 

Nintendo and Sony will dabble in it, so that incase it does take off they can ramp it up quickly.... But they're not following MS to lose billions of dollars when they're currently killing it. 

I don't even consider MS to be ramping it up quickly.  These deals took them a long time to make.

What I'm saying is that I clearly see Sony following them, because that's simply where the industry is expanding to.  Everything that Sony's been saying lately and doing lately, is pushing towards that.

We'll have to see what Project Spartacus entails when they announce it.  We'll have a better idea of what their plans are for the future.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

If a F2P Halo game can't keep an strong active userbase after a few months, this GAAS shit isn't all it's made out to be. 

Eh, it could have.  343i fucked it up though. 

Released game

Game has issues and not much content

Went on holiday immediately after for weeks

Made some tiny changes to progression

... and here we are...

They could have handled this entire thing way better.  I don't think this is a "Halo" issue.  People love the franchise, but 343 dropped the ball.

If they are lucky, an upcoming Season update will spark a resurgence in the playerbase and perhaps keep people.. but until that happens.. it's their own fault.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Eh, it could have.  343i fucked it up though. 

Released game

Game has issues and not much content

Went on holiday immediately after for weeks

Made some tiny changes to progression

... and here we are...

They could have handled this entire thing way better.  I don't think this is a "Halo" issue.  People love the franchise, but 343 dropped the ball.

If they are lucky, an upcoming Season update will spark a resurgence in the playerbase and perhaps keep people.. but until that happens.. it's their own fault.

But shit is literally F2P. Like... FREE TO PLAY. Doesn't even require a purchase or a game pass sub.

Imagine if it did. It'd be even deader.

49 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Triangle strategy may happen on PC in a year or so. 

SMTV, that depends on what deal Nintendo worked out with Atlus.  SMTV was one of the fiest games announced for Switch, might be long term exclusivity. 

I know. Nintendo most likely paid good money for SMTV. Like Sony did to keep P5 exclusive, I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

And I want NMH3 and Deadly Premonition 2 as well. :D I don't want to port beg but those are all series and type of games I really like so I'm hoping for the best. Gotta give it to Nintendo for that at least, they invest in solid third party Japanese games, the type of niche games a core gamer like me would normally buy a Switch for.

Oh well, if Bayo 3 turns out to be really good I might cave in anyway. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

But shit is literally F2P. Like... FREE TO PLAY. Doesn't even require a purchase or a game pass sub.

Imagine if it did. It'd be even deader.

Price isn't the issue to player retention.  Time is the issue.  If players don't feel like their time is being rewarded enough, they move on... regardless of if something is free or not.

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Where’s the effort? I’ve said it all along. You’ll be a day 1 subscriber, too. :vince: shit, you’re still playing Xbox games per your game tag. 

No, Cod retail games are staying on Playstation.

And, like any other COD release, they'll be bargain bin games not too long after they release, if I actually wanted to try them out.

While still playing Warzone.

• Upvote 1