MS: COD will still be on PlayStation in the future. Wants to add Nintendo.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lemtards like Vini and Ghostz who thought a big series like CoD would be exclusive to Xbox.     I tried telling them, their fanboys hopes and dreams have been crushed.

The Nintendo part is interesting.. depending on which games they're talking about.  Probably Diablo and stuff like that that can actually run decently on the hardware.   I wonder if they mig

Posted Images

The Nintendo part is interesting.. depending on which games they're talking about.  Probably Diablo and stuff like that that can actually run decently on the hardware.

I wonder if they might have worked out a cloud solution which isn't "GamePass" but might be specially sectioned off for Nintendo?  Basically just MS first party games and nothing else.  Every cloud version of 3rd party Nintendo games goes through a specific company which I can't remember the name of, so it would be surprising if that was the case.

CoD on PS.. yep, just makes sense.  No reason to pull it off completely.  It's too well established of a franchise on multiple platforms, just like Minecraft.

Make dat money MS.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

The Nintendo part is interesting.. depending on which games they're talking about.  Probably Diablo and stuff like that that can actually run decently on the hardware.

I wonder if they might have worked out a cloud solution which isn't "GamePass" but might be specially sectioned off for Nintendo?  Basically just MS first party games and nothing else.  Every cloud version of 3rd party Nintendo games goes through a specific company which I can't remember the name of, so it would be surprising if that was the case.

CoD on PS.. yep, just makes sense.  No reason to pull it off completely.  It's too well established of a franchise on multiple platforms, just like Minecraft.

Make dat money MS.

Diablo 2/3 and Overwatch were on Switch already so just looks like they acquired them to keep on doing what they’re doing already. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Switch is over 100 million sold. Western publishers are being retarded.

But then again Japanese pubs arent doing shit with the Switch either look  at Star Ocean, Tales of Arise, Capcom, Square etc.

Capcom has released two MH games for Switch so far as timed exclusives and Octopath and Triangle Strategy are both timed exclusives from SE. lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Capcom has released two MH games for Switch so far as timed exclusives and Octopath and Triangle Strategy are both timed exclusives from SE. lol. 

Triangle Strategy confirmed as a timed exclusive? 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Not that big of a surprise to be honest but good to know. Will play on PC. :smoke: 

Just now, Ramza said:

Triangle Strategy confirmed as a timed exclusive? 

Not that big of a surprise to be honest but good to know. Will play on PC. :smoke: 

Not officially confirmed but I assume it’s likely to follow what Octopath did. Square really doesn’t do exclusives anymore for anything apart from timed exclusivity. :]

Just now, Ike said:

Not officially confirmed but I assume it’s likely to follow what Octopath did. Square really doesn’t do exclusives anymore for anything apart from timed exclusivity. :]

Yeah, you're right on that. I just thought you saw something that confirmed it.

I'm still waiting for that SMTV PC release announcement... :meh: 

42 minutes ago, Ike said:

B0FDB890-CD53-4C52-930A-D03D26DA4B3E.jpeg

No surprise here, they like money. COD is the biggest money maker and they’d be idiots to remove it from the platform that brings in the most money to the franchise. Lemshits can cite Bathesda games but Bethesda’s games aren’t nowhere near as popular as COD is on Playstation.

43 minutes ago, Ike said:

Diablo 2/3 and Overwatch were on Switch already so just looks like they acquired them to keep on doing what they’re doing already. 

Yeah pretty much.

I can imagine some good changes coming though.  It's rumored they might stop releasing CoD yearly, and instead adopt a Bi-yearly schedule for the main series and lean more on Warzone.  Which IMO is the right idea, as long as it means longer development cycles and more interesting CoD games for the future...as well as taking some of the "support studios" and getting them to work on other games/franchises which they are better suited to.  It just makes sense to get Toy's for Bob working on a new Banjo game for example.. and yea, just release it everywhere.  Maybe a timed exclusive for GamePass devices, then release on Switch and PS.  Same with the other IPs like Crash and Spyro.

They should also get World of Warcraft on every console out there.  Just do it..  FF14 is on PC and PS consoles.. will probably come to Xbox at some point too.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

So in the end this was all about boosting Gamepass with COD it seems at the end of the day. I mean if they got money to spare and eventually make the purchase back - Why not?

Candy Crush alone brings in over $650M in revenue per quarter...

The deal basically allows them to do what they want after the current agreements are up, but it's just smart to continue to release those games on all platforms they normally release on.  What they CAN do is limit CoD and all the other games, to exclusively appear on GamePass, and never on any competing services.

That's basically what it will amount to.  Sony will do the same with Bungie stuff for sure, eventually.

52 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Sounds like Gamepass on PS is confirmed to be approved by Sony behind the scenes. 

can’t wait for the announcement. 

:blessed:

No it doesn't

Not unless Microsoft files to be a third party publisher, develops games to run natively on Playstation hardware, and payments to GamePass subscription occur through Playstation's payment system.

Just like the way EA Play is currently allowed on the Playstation.

Those are the rules, and Microsoft must follow them.

I'm sure Sony, and Nintendo, would have no problem.............as long as Microsoft follows those conditions and becomes a full-fledged third party publisher.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No it doesn't

Not unless Microsoft files to be a third party publisher, develops games to run natively on Playstation hardware, and payments to GamePass subscription occur through Playstation's payment system.

Just like the way EA Play is currently allowed on the Playstation.

Those are the rules, and Microsoft must follow them.

I'm sure Sony, and Nintendo, would have no problem.............as long as Microsoft follows those conditions and becomes a full-fledged third party publisher.

Gamepass is without a doubt going to be on PS, it’s only a matter of time. Whether it’s native or not doesn’t really matter. Wonder if you’ll be able to migrate your current gamepass account to the PS Gamepass? im sure of it. 

10 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

So in the end this was all about boosting Gamepass with COD it seems at the end of the day. I mean if they got money to spare and eventually make the purchase back - Why not?

Well that's the thing.

Activision is valued at $70 billion..............based on its current revenue streams, and those definitely involve selling games on Playstation and Nintendo platforms.

If you pay $70 billion for something and proceed to stop half of its revenue streams, then you just paid $70 billion for something that now isn't worth $70 billion.

Its becoming abundantly clear that GamePass requires localized video game hardware in order for them to deliver you games and make the service viable to consumers.

This is where Xbox being in distant third in hardware is limiting the growth of GamePass subscribers.