MS: COD will still be on PlayStation in the future. Wants to add Nintendo.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lemtards like Vini and Ghostz who thought a big series like CoD would be exclusive to Xbox.     I tried telling them, their fanboys hopes and dreams have been crushed.

The Nintendo part is interesting.. depending on which games they're talking about.  Probably Diablo and stuff like that that can actually run decently on the hardware.   I wonder if they mig

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I know. Nintendo most likely paid good money for SMTV. Like Sony did to keep P5 exclusive, I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

And I want NMH3 and Deadly Premonition 2 as well. :D I don't want to port beg but those are all series and type of games I really like so I'm hoping for the best. Gotta give it to Nintendo for that at least, they invest in solid third party Japanese games, the type of niche games a core gamer like me would normally buy a Switch for.

Oh well, if Bayo 3 turns out to be really good I might cave in anyway. 

One of the main reasons I have Switch to be honest, those Japanese core gamer games :aitch:u

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

COD SP games need to be phenomenal to have good sales without the MP component being attached.

I mean, CoD SP games still sell good lol...

But whether they will continue to sell is up in the air.

Shit like that works well for MS though.  They could have Warzone, as well as a traditional CoD MP in circulation, augmented by SP releases on GamePass.  That would ensure that people who love CoD are constantly subscribed and allow them to release the games at a slower cadence with larger development cycles.

Edited by Remij

Who cares if Gamepass goes to Playstation? If that's what happens Sony will take a cut of every subscriber on the system and it'll be limited to MS first party

Same goes for if Sony launch an equivalent on Xbox. You'll get Bungie games through Sonypass 

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Phil Spencer Interview with Stephen Totilo - Biggest goal is to reach a larger audience for Xbox Game Studios

Switch's 100 million userbase, and Sony's 100 million and 17 million PS4/PS5 userbase holds the key to GamePass growth.

And Sony and Nintendo know it.

They can bend Microsoft to their will, or else GamePass really doesn't take off.

3 hours ago, Remij said:

It's definitely clear that MS are going all 3rd party.  Basically anything that sells anywhere will continue to sell there.  However if you want to play those games through a subscription service, it's only GamePass.

I don't think Sony or Nintendo would ever allow GP on their consoles.  The only way would be if it was modified to be Xbox first party games only, and of course Sony/Nintendo would get a percentage of every subscription.

That kind of a future, is cool... but also kind of messy for MS marketing.  Having all these different versions of GamePass with different games, as well as the cloud version.. will definitely lead to some confusion.

I'm sure it's doable, but they just have to have the right marketing scheme to eliminate any confusion.

Wrong. This sort of behaviour is exactly what FTC clamps down on in light of major acquisitions. Its called product tying and is absolutely a monopolistic practice and could even leave then open to lawsuits

The best MS can hope for is that they release Activision games on Playstation store AND release a Gamepass option. But they'll have to come to a business arrangement with Sony on that, and it won't be done through coercive action

The good thing for MS is that Sony is looking more and more open to this sort of thing, and vice versa. So I won't be shocked if in the near future we do get them both releasing their subscription services as well as titles on the other platform

Edited by Voidler
Just now, Voidler said:

Wrong. This sort of behaviour is exactly what FTC clamps down on in light of major acquisitions. Its called product tying and is absolutely a monopolistic practice and could even leave then open to lawsuits

The best MS can hope for is that they release games on Playstation store AND release a Gamepass option. But they'll have to come to a business arrangement with Sony on that, and it won't be done through coercive action

The good thing for MS is that Sony is looking more and more open to this sort of thing, and vice versa. So I won't be shocked if in the near future we do get them both releasing their subscription services as well as titles on the other platform

MS isn't restricting Sony from releasing "GamePass" on Playstation consoles... that's on Sony.. MS is open to their content being on every platform... including the subscription service.

It's Sony's own decision which will be limiting what MS can put on their platform.

There's nothing monopolistic about that..

Just now, Remij said:

MS isn't restricting Sony from releasing "GamePass" on Playstation consoles... that's on Sony.. MS is open to their content being on every platform... including the subscription service.

It's Sony's own decision which will be limiting what MS can put on their platform.

There's nothing monopolistic about that..

No they are offering a product from Activision only on the condition it comes with a product from Microsoft. That is product tying and it is illegal

As I said, they can offer Gamepass and they can offer Activision games. But they can't offer Activision games only on the condition its with Gamepass

The alternative is they don't offer anything. But that in itself is looking like it will cause issues with the FTC in reducing market competition. So MSs only real option is to let Activision run as usual or risk the deal not passing

Just now, Voidler said:

No they are offering a product from Activision only on the condition it comes with a product from Microsoft. That is product tying and it is illegal

As I said, they can offer Gamepass and they can offer Activision games. But they can't offer Activision games only on the condition its with Gamepass

The alternative is they don't offer anything. But that in itself is looking like it will cause issues with the FTC in reducing market competition. So MSs only real option is to let Activision run as usual or risk the deal not passing

No... they aren't.

They ARE releasing the Activision product on the console... without GamePass..

If Sony release their own GamePass.. they could do business with MS to allow CoD to be on their subscription service... but MS is under no obligation to allow that.

So mark my words... CoD will be EXCLUSIVE to GamePass as far as subscription services go.

2 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Microsoft and Activision will be one. Wtf are you talking about product tying lmao. 

16 minutes ago, Remij said:

If Sony release their own GamePass.. they could do business with MS to allow CoD to be on their subscription service... but MS is under no obligation to allow that.

this makes no sense, and it basically means nothing to regulators.

The regulators are not looking over a business deal between Sony and Microsoft. 

They are overlooking a business deal between Microsoft and Activision.

Saying "well, we can allow Sony to do it as well" should, and almost certainly doesn't, have any bearing as to how Microsoft plans to engage in business practices.

Its a red herring of a "concession". Its a meaningless concession.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

this makes no sense, and it basically means nothing to regulators.

The regulators are not looking over a business deal between Sony and Microsoft. 

They are overlooking a business deal between Microsoft and Activision.

Saying "well, we can allow Sony to do it as well" should, and almost certainly doesn't, have any bearing as to how Microsoft plans to engage in business practices.

Its a red herring of a "concession". Its a meaningless concession.

I never said anything about regulators in that entire post you quoted... LOL  Completely different points my dude.

And you're right... they're overlooking a deal between MS and Activision... What Sony does and doesn't allow on their platform is of no consequence... reinforcing what I told Voidler.

Edited by Remij
6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

We're at the point where releasing a limited game pass on PS5 makes sense. I don't get why Sony is being a bitch. The third party games will be in their own sub service anyways.

MS is clearly not only open, they're willing to compromise.

Who say's Sony is being a bitch?

There's very OBVIOUS hurdles to clear before all this stuff starts to happen.  It's going to be tiny steps regardless.

Sony can't, and won't, just allow MS games on their platform, or their service...  There's tons of things to consider..such as how it would affect their own business.

And Sony wont do anything until they have their own response to GamePass ready.

So Sony isn't being a bitch.. they're working things out.  If it ends up good for their business, then they'll adopt.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Who say's Sony is being a bitch?

There's very OBVIOUS hurdles to clear before all this stuff starts to happen.  It's going to be tiny steps regardless.

Sony can't, and won't, just allow MS games on their platform, or their service...  There's tons of things to consider..such as how it would affect their own business.

And Sony wont do anything until they have their own response to GamePass ready.

So Sony isn't being a bitch.. they're working things out.  If it ends up good for their business, then they'll adopt.

How could game pass without third party games even "warrant" a response.