MS: COD will still be on PlayStation in the future. Wants to add Nintendo.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lemtards like Vini and Ghostz who thought a big series like CoD would be exclusive to Xbox.     I tried telling them, their fanboys hopes and dreams have been crushed.

The Nintendo part is interesting.. depending on which games they're talking about.  Probably Diablo and stuff like that that can actually run decently on the hardware.   I wonder if they mig

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Remij said:

I never said anything about regulators in that entire post you quoted... LOL  Completely different points my dude.

But the whole point regarding this "open policy" is a pre-emptive thing to try and appease regulators in the expected review of this acquisition.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But the whole point regarding this "open policy" is a pre-emptive thing to try and appease regulators in the expected review of this acquisition.

This acquisition isn't hinging on whether Sony accepts GamePass on to their console...

MS can do what they want with CoD, after the deals expire.

The whole point of this open policy.. is to be compliant with new legislation that they know is coming... as well as showing regulators and legislators that they are open to this and committing to it on their own platforms.

MS having an "open store" doesn't have anything to do with Sony not allowing GP on Playstation.  But it helps with the Activision deal.. because if Sony doesn't allow GP on their platform, it's not because MS is being anti-competitive.

Basically MS is promoting this in the hopes that it pushes the rest of the industry in that direction.  And of course they want that because they want their games on other platforms, and to potentially be able to have in app payments with a provider of their choosing.

Whether that will be forced or not ultimately depends on legislators... but MS loses nothing by committing to what they want in the first place on their own platforms.

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

This acquisition isn't hinging on whether Sony accepts GamePass on to their console...

MS can do what they want with CoD, after the deals expire.

The whole point of this open policy.. is to be compliant with new legislation that they know is coming... as well as showing regulators and legislators that they are open to this and committing to it.

MS having an "open store" doesn't have anything to do with Sony not allowing GP on Playstation.  But it helps with the Activision deal.. because if Sony doesn't allow GP on their platform, it has nothing to do with MS being anti-competitive.

Basically MS is promoting this in the hopes that it pushes the rest of the industry in that direction.  And of course they want that because they want their games on other platforms, and to potentially be able to have in app payments with a provider of their choosing.

Whether that will be forced or not ultimately depends on legislators... but MS loses nothing by committing to what they want in the first place.

You don't really know this, because you don't know what European Regulators will be demanding.

Mind you that the nVidia acquisition of ARM from Softbank fell through, mostly because it looks like they weren't going to appease european regulators.

Just now, jehurey said:

You don't really know this, because you don't know what European Regulators will be demanding.

Mind you that the nVidia acquisition of ARM from Softbank fell through, mostly because it looks like they weren't going to appease european regulators.

It's a commitment from MS... that's meant to ease the fears of regulators.

Of course I don't know what they will be demanding... but I do know that it literally doesn't hurt MS one bit, to commit to this policy for their own stores in the hopes that regulators and legislators see how that policy benefits consumers and isn't anti-competitive.

Again.. if Sony doesn't want to do that.. that's their prerogative.. but depending on what legislators say about app markets, they could be forced to. 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's a commitment from MS... that's meant to ease the fears of regulators.

its a meaningless remark.

remember............nVIdia also made a public statement on the day they announced the puchase

Remember that?

That they would not prevent other people from obtaining or licensing ARM architecture?

Remember that?

They were trying to get in front and make themselves look good to regulators.

Did it work?

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

its a meaningless remark.

remember............nVIdia also made a public statement on the day they announced the puchase

Remember that?

That they would not prevent other people from obtaining or licensing ARM architecture?

Remember that?

They were trying to get in front and make themselves look good to regulators.

Did it work?

Well, I never said the deal hinges on MS having an open store...

I simply said this policy, is them committing with their own stores.. including console eventually, to what they essentially want their competitors to accept and commit to.  Where they want the industry to go... because it will benefit them.

That, and that it doesn't hurt them to come out and commit to this.  MS is definitely attempting to show regulators and legislators that they expect nothing from their competitors that they wouldn't commit to themselves on their own stores.  That's  likely very important to their plans regarding the future of their gaming business.

Whether regulators care or not is beside the point... that's definitely the play MS is making with this statement.

That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Remij
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Well, I never said the deal hinges on MS having an open store...

Microsoft clearly seems to think that they are going to have to offer SOMETHING to ensure that the European Regulators won't slow them down with this acquisition.

Let's just call it: Microsoft is throwing out an opening offer to see if that's enough.

And that offer is them basically saying "We commit to Windows being as open..........as previous versions of WIndows"

And they're hoping that's an impressive-enough "commitment". Even though anybody who is remotely aware of Windows OS knows that they're not really offering anything new.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Microsoft clearly seems to think that they are going to have to offer SOMETHING to ensure that the European Regulators won't slow them down with this acquisition.

Let's just call it: Microsoft is throwing out an opening offer to see if that's enough.

And that offer is them basically saying "We commit to Windows being as open..........as previous versions of WIndows"

And they're hoping that's an impressive-enough "commitment". Even though anybody who is remotely aware of Windows OS knows that they're not really offering anything new.

Eh, I think Satya already commented on the fact that for this deal to go through, they shouldn't have to compromise anything.

However, for future purchases?  That's likely where some of this stuff comes into play.  

Here's the reason I think they are doing this:

MS backed Epic in the Epic/Apple suit, right?  MS was asked why consoles are any different than general computing devices like Phones and PCs and if Phones should be open, why not their own console... and MS responded that it's because they are sold at a loss, and then they need the consumers to spend that money in their curated ecosystem to make their money.

MS of course, wanting their GamePass stuff on Apple, and wanting to be able to circumvent Apple's payment system in favor of their own is important to their success on the platform (so they say)..

So now, they're at the point where they REALLY want GamePass on everything else.. including PS and Nintendo consoles.. and in order to do that.. they essentially have to conform to the rules that they expected other platforms to play by.  Which means opening up their store (PC and console) and allow companies to select their own payment methods/providers...

We all know that MS stands to gain more than Sony or Nintendo from this.. but I mean, it's what MS has to commit to, if they want to have their services on other platforms and make money in the way they want to.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

o now, they're at the point where they REALLY want GamePass on everything else.. including PS and Nintendo consoles.. and in order to do that.. they essentially have to conform to the rules that they expected other platforms to play by.  Which means opening up their store (PC and console) and allow companies to select their own payment methods/providers...

First of all..

A.) What they want to do on Playstation and Nintendo has nothing to do with the Activision deal. The regulators will be looking if the Activision acquisition is primarily designed as an anti-competitive tactic by depriving the European marketplace of games they were used to getting, because they want to tie it to the Microsoft's product.

B.) What you just typed is like a car salesman saying he's going to give you a "special price"..........and proceeds to take a previously marked-up price and lowers it down to MSRP.  They're wording it as if they are GIVING YOU SOMETHING........but they're not giving you anything you didn't already have to begin with.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

First of all..

A.) What they want to do on Playstation and Nintendo has nothing to do with the Activision deal. The regulators will be looking if the Activision acquisition is primarily designed as an anti-competitive tactic by depriving the European marketplace of games they were used to getting, because they want to tie it to the Microsoft's product.

B.) What you just typed is like a car salesman saying he's going to give you a "special price"..........and proceeds to take a previously marked-up price and lowers it down to MSRP.  They're wording it as if they are GIVING YOU SOMETHING........but they're not giving you anything you didn't already have to begin with.

Yes it does.. it affects MS entire business plans going forward... and that includes this Activision deal..  MS wants those products on everything.  And having those games on other platforms is important to MS, specifically if they can control how users pay for purchases on those platforms, or how they market on them.

You need to look at what's happening in entire app store industry dude... What MS is willing to commit to, has a direct affect on what regulators will consider when approving this deal... that goes for European regulators.  And You keep bringing this up... but the fact is that MS is committing to not removing COD games from Playstation... that's also important to helping this deal go through.

They're ALL looking at what MS is planning with regards to their continued acquisitions..

Edited by Remij
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yes it does.. it affects MS entire business plans going forward... and that includes this Activision deal..  MS wants those products on everything.  And having those games on other platforms is important to MS, specifically if they can control how users pay for purchases on those platforms, or how they market on them.

You need to look at what's happening in entire app store industry dude...

No, I don't

Apple didn't BUY a major mobile app developer and tie them down to iOS and Apple hardware, did they?

They are the same thing.

App store charges is not what is at issue here.

Its about product that was FORMERLY AVAILABLE..............BEING TAKEN AWAY.

Epic already agreed to an existing appstore agreement with Apple. And then they wanted to say that the iOS ecosystem should be opened up.

Microsoft is acquiring a publisher, and they threaten to take games away in the European marketplace where probably 80% of existing video game consumers do not have an Xbox, but rather a Playstation or Switch.

European regulators will be looking at this from the perspective of "are consumers going to be hurt in an unfair manner because of this business acquisition."

• Thanks 1

This is from a reliable insider 6 months ago. Apparently people on forums don't know what the reason is, I'd love to know. Nintendo is obvious they would need to go through the Cloud, Sony's reason though... I have no idea what it is and if it will change.

"Had it on pretty authority Xbox 100% approached Sony about Gamepass on Playstation and Sony said no for none of the reasons anyone has stated here and since I was told said reason off the record I wont be the one to bring it up

But of course MS wants it on every single platform possible and was rejected by Sony and Nintendo both"

Edited by Team 2019