PS5 nearly doubles Xbox Series X|S, research firm estimates

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ps5-sales-could-be-nearly-double-xbox-series-x-s-research-firm-estimates/

PlayStation 5 sales to consumers were around 1.7 times greater than Xbox Series X/S sales as of the end of 2021, according to data from analytics firm Ampere Analysis.

Earlier this month, Sony said it had shipped 17.3 million PS5 consoles to retailers by the end of December. And Ampere research director Piers Harding-Rolls thinks almost all of those units made their way into consumers’ hands last year.

“Sony ended 2021 with PS5 cumulative sell-through reaching 17.1 million units, around 1.7 times the performance of Xbox Series sales,” the analyst said in a research note this week.

“At this early stage the global sales momentum is with Sony, but it will be frustrated that its potential has been undermined by product availability.”

:mj: Where are the lemshits that said the gap was closing? This looks worse than last gen, Xbox is getting its back blown out. Care to explain WTF is going on? Combination of Halo and Forza wasn't able to do shit for them even with the shortage of parts helping  them in regards to PS5 shortages.

WTF is gonna happen when Sony is able to secure parts? It's gonna be another bloodbath this gen :kaz:

332967379_saleschartCapture.thumb.JPG.72c9f14cfd9bbf8153cc52911b6bd8fe.JPG

E3YFLgoWYAQQWmC.thumb.jpg.40afa74e9a99229bda71a728ab2b6617.jpg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Checked same site for PS5.    Sold out.     

The only people buying Series S are parents who got the wrong Xbox 

Bbbbut @ghostzsaid Xbox Series S/X sold 2 to 4 million in two days, and Sony hadn't sold a single console since September and Xbox caught up...... seems he was severely mistaken 

Posted Images

Yeah Series S is pretty much widely available to anyone who wants one at this point. Plus bundling two different models of varying quality to be selling only worse is hilarious. Xbox sucks. :kaz: 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

they clearly aren't selling out

U1IZVHD.png

wgajfNb.png

Sad thing is that the Series S has now become the main seller for Xbox since the shortages and that shit is still readily available everywhere you go.

:mjgrin: Makes me laugh when I see dumbass lems talk about Xbox selling out when I can literally walk into any Best Buy store within a 10 mile radius where I live and pick one.

The Series X is :juggle:

People want the X.. not the S.  :shrug:

Cows who can't find PS5's are probably the desperate ones buying Series S as a companion console to play GamePass :hehe:

Edited by Remij
5 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Sad thing is that the Series S has now become the main seller for Xbox since the shortages and that shit is still readily available everywhere you go.

:mjgrin: Makes me laugh when I see dumbass lems talk about Xbox selling out when I can literally walk into any Best Buy store within a 10 mile radius where I live and pick one.

phil spencer intentionally steered manufacturing of the cheapo version, and limited manufacturing of the $500, so that he and the lemmings could act like as if demand is so massive, that its "sold out everywhere!!!"

nah, they just so little of them, and Spencer even said that 2022 manufacturing is going to be really affected, implying that they may actually produce less consoles this year than last year.

EDIT: see what I mean ^:drake:called it

so that he and the lemmings could act like as if demand is so massive, that its "sold out everywhere!!!"

Edited by jehurey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

phil spencer intentionally steered manufacturing of the cheapo version, and limited manufacturing of the $500, so that he and the lemmings could act like as if demand is so massive, that its "sold out everywhere!!!"

nah, they just so little of them, and Spencer even said that 2022 manufacturing is going to be really affected, implying that they may actually produce less consoles this year than last year.

EDIT: see what I mean ^:drake:called it

^lol he's trying to convince himself more than anyone else

There's plenty of Xboxs selling... because in the past few months it's never been last place :blessed:

Not everyone is willing to subscribe and play GamePass on their mobile phones like you Jerry... they're buying the consoles too. :hest:

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

There's plenty of Xboxs selling... because in the past few months it's never been last place :blessed:

besides all the other months

and it reverted back to last place again this past month:drake:

LOL he really thinks that we won't notice what he's ignoring.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

The Series X is :juggle:

People want the X.. not the S.  :shrug:

Cows who can't find PS5's are probably the desperate ones buying Series S as a companion console to play GamePass :hehe:

The only people buying Series S are parents who got the wrong Xbox :hest:

• Haha 1
  • dead 2
2 hours ago, Remij said:

Not everyone is willing to subscribe and play GamePass on their mobile phones like you Jerry... they're buying the consoles too. :hest:

:hest: Nobody wants those pieces of shit, they are widely available for a reason since launch, FOH. If PS5s and Xbox Series X’s where in stock the shitty Series S would probably end up like XB1 Sad Edition.

They can’t even run CP 2077 in 60fps at 900p or 1080p. Useless sad shit excuse of a console lol. 

The first two pics are Xbox Series S consoles available in my area.

:mickeyj: If they are this readily available in the States then they are practically dead worldwide since no country outside US gives a fuck about Xbox.

44478C1A-2C61-45A7-8DC3-E791223384D9.thumb.jpeg.32beca2a5ed876bf87bc7c85e51216e6.jpeg

FAAA968E-D3C6-4D4B-A4F4-E86181E1630E.thumb.jpeg.5273fcb9c7f6682bd6f1649a2eb0f6a1.jpeg

301B6A86-9ADC-4191-9145-458A22EE0EA6.thumb.jpeg.97fddd3507b538cac3182259d19f9410.jpeg

C8281A30-FD35-447E-9E09-5C611B46D6AF.thumb.jpeg.f9dccf4aa1dc2b23682667952551f0dc.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • dead 1

Everytime I see one of these topics I check some stores online.

PS5 - Both sold out. I've NEVER seen one available.

XSX - X found on the first try. Was out of stock last year but seems to be much easier to find these days.

XSS - Not even going to check, not once have I ever seen this unavailable.

This is UK retailers.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Everytime I see one of these topics I check some stores online.

PS5 - Both sold out. I've NEVER seen one available.

XSX - X found on the first try. Was out of stock last year but seems to be much easier to find these days.

XSS - Not even going to check, not once have I ever seen this unavailable.

This is UK retailers.

Same in the US