Forbidden west on PS5 looks like an upscaled PS3 game. No anti aliasing, shimmering, over sharpened blurry mess

4 minutes ago, Vini said:

DF will make a new video on this. Both modes are broken just tested out myself cause I was curious. Resolution mode is over sharpened and looks fuzzy, and there's something wrong with the anti aliasing in both modes. I think it's a bug

HDR is broken too, which is perplexing because it works great in the first game. Had to get the highlights down to -5 to make it look a little better but it's still completely ignoring your PS5's HDR calibration. 

Resolution mode is not broken lol

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're trying so fucking hard dude... it's sad.   The game has some graphical issues and bugginess (so did the original)... but just give fucking credit where it's due man.. god damn.  It's

ghostz has talked more about this game than any nintendo game from the last 5 years  vini and ghostz cope threads.

Vini is such a fucking moron. He really should just stick his head under a big rig tire and have it run his empty head over.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Resolution mode is not broken lol

I'm telling you it is, just wait and you'll see in the next few patches.  They just hot fixed resolution mode for the shimmering 2 days ago. The other problems are still there. 

Edited by Vini
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not that it matters since even if they didn't, you'd still claim that you know they do :mj:

LOL I wasn't even referring to him..........and guess how he responded out of impulse:drake:

No, I already know that you do.

There's a reason why you don't post your actual PSN profile, because it debunks everything you've ever argued about these past 3-4 years. LOL

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL I wasn't even referring to him..........and guess how he responded out of impulse:drake:

There's a reason why you don't post your actual PSN profile, because it debunks everything you've ever argued about these past 3-4 years. LOL

like yours doesn’t :kaz:

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, you said I didn't have another PSN Profile... you argued with me about it for months... 

Now you claim I definitely have one AND a PS5, and you KNOW IT!

You're so fucking embarrassingly stupid:omglol:

45 minutes ago, ghostz said:

like yours doesn’t :kaz:

mines "doesn't" what?

LOL, he talking in aimless grunts at this point.

39 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL, you said I didn't have another PSN Profile...

I love how you try to avoid by using this tactic.

and it fails..........every..........single.............time

you already embarassed yourself back then, and you've already undermined your entire argument of the past 2-3 years.

I love how you think I have to choose, when you've lost back then and now, except the argument you are losing now is even bigger.:drake:

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

This game is a looker :love:

ezgif-5-755eb39832.gif

:cruise:

Yeah, there are occasional pop up bugs like that. I had a funny one during the main, opening cut scene (which introduces the title of the game). Like, the whole foreground popped in during a damn CINEMATIC. It was funny, but jarring.  Compared to Witcher 3 and Ubisoft games, I have definitely encountered the fewest bugs in FW, though, but they are definitely present. I think the only one that stood out during gameplay was this one screen flickering, and weather went from daytime to nighttime. So random :D 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The lighting is the biggest bummer as its often pretty flat and doesn't 'bounce' around the environment realistically because of the lack of ray tracing. Its especially jarring coming from Dying Light 2 on PC, which probably has the best lighting i've seen in a game.

if you're mostly outside, there isn't going to be the same type of light "bouncing" like you would see in Dying Light 2, where you are describing dark interior areas with sunlight coming in.

I've already seen in previous Horizon trailers, and Digital Foundry even pointed out when they analyzed that extended reveal trailer that they do color bouncing in areas outside. And we now know that they have 12 different pre-baked environment time-of-day textures in the game.

ultimately the horizon games have a somewhat exaggerated color scheme in the game. Dying List 2 is going for Eastern Europe blandness, with muted color designs.  The amount of ray-tracing lighting needed to bounce off in everything in Horizon 2 would be quite taxing.  And this is before we add the lighting sources that coming from weapons and the robot animals.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

lemmings here are admitting they have PS5's to test out the game.

this is going to be a fun week.:hest:

Admitting? Bitch when have I denied it?

Anyway here's Vincent's video on the issues. 

Epic fail from Digital Foundry for not even noticing any of this. 

Edited by Vini
54 minutes ago, jehurey said:

if you're mostly outside, there isn't going to be the same type of light "bouncing" like you would see in Dying Light 2, where you are describing dark interior areas with sunlight coming in.

I've already seen in previous Horizon trailers, and Digital Foundry even pointed out when they analyzed that extended reveal trailer that they do color bouncing in areas outside. And we now know that they have 12 different pre-baked environment time-of-day textures in the game.

ultimately the horizon games have a somewhat exaggerated color scheme in the game. Dying List 2 is going for Eastern Europe blandness, with muted color designs.  The amount of ray-tracing lighting needed to bounce off in everything in Horizon 2 would be quite taxing.  And this is before we add the lighting sources that coming from weapons and the robot animals.

The outdoor lighting in Dying Light 2 is significantly better with ray tracing. The desert in FW shows off its weaknesses the most. You're surrounded by these large cliffs and the light hitting them looks so fake because there's almost no visible shadows or AO on the parts of the cliff where there's crevices or different geometry. Its like the entire cliff faces are receiving the exact same amount of light in the same direction at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Vini said:

Admitting? Bitch I've never denied it.

Anyway here's Vincent's video on the issues. 

Epic fail from Digital Foundry for not even noticing any of this. 

Damn, Vincent not holding back at all...

Here's the thing though.  With that much tiny high-frequency detail, it's hard for TVs to handle.  The shimmering exacerbates that issue because you have a bunch of pixels changing brightness values constantly.  So without the proper kind of anti-aliasing... and in conjunction with the lower resolution, which is ALSO dynamically adjusting based on load.. you get these issues.

The far bigger issue are the bugs the game has.  Clipping, flashing, flickering, pop-in, textures not loading properly, ect... 

I'm confident GG will start tackling them all one by one soon enough.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The outdoor lighting in Dying Light 2 is significantly better with ray tracing. The desert in FW shows off its weaknesses the most. You're surrounded by these large cliffs and the light hitting them looks so fake because there's almost no visible shadows or AO on the parts of the cliff where there's crevices or different geometry. Its like the entire cliff faces are receiving the exact same amount of light in the same direction at the same time.

I think it's pretty hilarious/awesome that you're realizing what I said way back when RTGI was first coming out.... that once you get used to seeing games with proper lighting, you'll instantly notice how wrong traditional fake lighting methods were.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Damn, Vincent not holding back at all...

Here's the thing though.  With that much tiny high-frequency detail, it's hard for TVs to handle.  The shimmering exacerbates that issue because you have a bunch of pixels changing brightness values constantly.  So without the proper kind of anti-aliasing... and in conjunction with the lower resolution, which is ALSO dynamically adjusting based on load.. you get these issues.

The far bigger issue are the bugs the game has.  Clipping, flashing, flickering, pop-in, textures not loading properly, ect... 

I'm confident GG will start tackling them all one by one soon enough.

Shimmering is not much of an issue any more in resolution mode from what I can tell. But the sharpness overload along with luminance changes in movement combined with the fact that HDR is completely broken and displaying wrong colors makes the game look like complete shit. 

I can't believe this got past QA testing, for Sony this gotta be a new low for a first party launch.