New RE4 remake trailer + gameplay footage

• Twinblade★ changed the title to New RE4 remake trailer + gameplay footage

this looks quite good. the graphical engine, especially the hard shadows, still make feel like its in cross-gen graphics territory.

but RE4 has always been about very high quality aesthetics that work together to make a cohesive atmosphere.

So the Dead Space remake may have more grime on top of the surfaces and newer fog and lighting effects, but RE4 remake has tons of more high quality textures, and small little objects on screen that makes it look cohesively better.

I like the way the gun sounds, I was hoping the shotgun had more "oomph" in its sound and its animation.

I really hope the developers are working to add all the little details that helped make the original such an extreme high quality game.

And them implementing a VR mode for PSVR2??? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :banderoos:

4 minutes ago, Saucer said:

This'll be the forth time I've bought RE4. :biggrin:

5th time for me. 

Yes, I bought the PS2 version even though I had the Gamecube version. 

Don't judge me.

Game looks amazing. The Village is the easy part to get right though, the real test is the Castle. Hopefully they can nail it.

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Finally, the game won't suck so suck so hard anymore. 

LOL you're trying too hard.

The core gameplay appears to be completely intact.

In fact, I don't think I saw a single strafe animation in that gameplay video.

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

They butchered Luis Sera's looks and turned Salazar into Mozart :tom: 

Salazar is an absolute improvement.

Luis Sera looks less like Johnny Depp, and now more like a sleazy foreigner. I sorta like it.

He looks like a RE protagonist in the original game, but he does nothing positive throughout the game. In fact, I'd like it if they purposely have Luis Sera be more selfish and backstabbing to Leon throughout the game. He only helps Leon when its convenient for him to do so.

Kinda like Loki's relationship with Thor.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

He looks like a RE protagonist in the original game, but he does nothing positive throughout the game. In fact, I'd like it if they purposely have Luis Sera be more selfish and backstabbing to Leon throughout the game. He only helps Leon when its convenient for him to do so.

As usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

Luis was trying to stop Saddler. He worked with Ada because she promised to wipe out Saddler and the cult if he gave her an egg sample. He had no idea who she was working for. He then dies while trying to give Leon a drug to cure Leon's infection.

Luis never double-crossed Leon. You're projecting your own sleaziness on to him like you usually do.

Yep, this is just RE4 with some tweaks and REmake 2 graphics engine.

Only way I'm playing this is with VR. I did enjoy my time playing on Quest 2 despite being absolutely sick of the game and despite being literally a Gamecube game in VR. lol This remake will look insane though. 

But yeah, fuck playing this in flatscreen. I should just check out RE Village new DLC instead. I want to try it in third person.