PS5 VR2 launches February 22, 2023 ($549.99)

Just now, Remij said:

4% of PS4 owners bought a PSVR....

4% of 25M PS5s = 1 million

Outside of some MASSIVE shift... people will have to buy BOTH PS5's and PSVR2's to play VR.... $550+550= $1100.. that's asking a LOT upfront... and the launch titles suck.

No it isn't

I love how yhou THOUGHT I proved you right.

The $399 PSVR1 sku.........................was WITHOUT the controllers.

The one with controllers cost $499 at launch.

We are literally seeing the same exact launch prices, when factoring basic inflation.

Like I said.......by your logic, a $550 Playstation should be struggling to sell.

:tom: Yup, you've lost that one.

Drip-drip.......go grab the mop

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats too expensive especially with no compelling software. VR is never going to catch on at this rate.

But with Sony, the customer has the ability to get there step by step.   FIrst step, try and save up money for a PS5 and get one.   Second step, later on, save up to get a PSVR2

That fucking spider level.  

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't

I love how yhou THOUGHT I proved you right.

The $399 PSVR1 sku.........................was WITHOUT the controllers.

The one with controllers cost $499 at launch.

We are literally seeing the same exact launch prices, when factoring basic inflation.

Like I said.......by your logic, a $550 Playstation should be struggling to sell.

:tom: Yup, you've lost that one.

Drip-drip.......go grab the mop

Thanks for reminding me that they charged you extra for fucking MOVE controllers too:rofl: 

No... you're seeing a completely different landscape of less people owning PS5s (way under PS4 launch aligned) and a shitty economy... plus an increased price of $150.

There's NO positive to this launch that you can muster up. 

Just now, Remij said:

Thanks for reminding me that they charged you extra for fucking MOVE controllers too:rofl: 

And it ended up outselling every single VR competitor during its time...........easily.

You forgot that part, didn't you?

Just now, Remij said:

No... you're seeing a completely different landscape of less people owning PS5s (way under PS4 launch aligned)

No it isn't "way under" PS4 launched aligned.

At the end of Q1 2022, thats through end of June 2022, they had sold 20 million PS5's

Through the same period, the PS4 sold 25 million.

And that's with hardware supply constraints.

And that's a HIGHER PRICED console, whose price has actually gone up even higher due to inflation.

Just now, jehurey said:

And it ended up outselling every single VR competitor during its time...........easily.

You forgot that part, didn't you?

No it isn't "way under" PS4 launched aligned.

At the end of Q1 2022, thats through end of June 2022, they had sold 20 million PS5's

Through the same period, the PS4 sold 25 million.

And that's with hardware supply constraints.

And that's a HIGHER PRICED console, whose price has actually gone up even higher due to inflation.

Yeah no... PSVR2 is way worse off right now than even PSVR1 was when it launched.

They really fucked up by not making PSVR2 backwards compatible.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah no... PSVR2 is way worse off right now than even PSVR1 was when it launched.

They really fucked up by not making PSVR2 backwards compatible.

No, it isn't

Its launching as easily the most advanced VR headset

Its launching with ONLY one sky, and its not using old re-purposed controllers, and this will solve many issues with development and compatibility, that the PSVR1 launch had, not knowing which game needed the move controllers or not.

And PSVR1 games can be patched, you already know how that would work.........why attempt to play stupid like ghost? Well..........ghost is actually stupid, so I guess I should type that sentence as "why attempt to play as ghost, which is the same as playing stupid?"

And, most importantly..............Sony is making the right development decisions that will result in more developers implementing VR modes in full retail titles.

We already saw this immediately when Capcom tacked on announcements back in September that RE8 Gold Edition and RE4 Remake will have VR modes. This is 100% happening because Capcom knows they can implement this without significant increase to development.

A VR game made by a REAL GAMING STUDIO like Capcom is worth more than 100 pathetic "indie" VR games.

That is why VR is failing.............................REAL DEVELOPERS, funded by REAL THIRD-PARTY PUBLISHERS, are not making VR games.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

yeah, you are.

you've absolutely outed yourself at a hateboy, because you know the PSVR2 is going to be the best VR tech, and your PC isn't getting it.

Nah.

I'll let you know if I see a PSVR2 game that actually makes me jealous... because I ain't seen one yet.... yet you see people begging for HL:A in every PSVR2 thread :tom: 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nah.

I'll let you know if I see a PSVR2 game that actually makes me jealous...

You're already letting me know that you are jealous, by your meltdown tonight :tom:

Guess you've been letting me know that you've been jealous for quite a while now.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You're already letting me know that you are jealous, by your meltdown tonight :tom:

Guess you've been letting me know that you've been jealous for quite a while now.

Oh yeah, so jealous of Horizon Mountain :sabu: 

The real jealous ones are cows... begging for Half Life Alyx :geese: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Oh yeah, so jealous of Horizon Mountain :sabu: 

The real jealous ones are cows... begging for Half Life Alyx :geese: 

Oh man, he's so angry.

He's the only one who keeps on bringing Half Life Alyx.

Nobody here has remotely brought up that game at all.:hest:

That's pricey but this thing will sell its launch batches easily with hardcore fans. Beyond that, at this price? It's not going to do too hot.

Anyway, I prefer to talk GAMES. The new announcements aren't too great, somewhat uninteresting ports for the most part but there's two new titles that could be good.

Some kind of generic looking squad-based online PVE shooter (I think). Looks like a blast though. 

Until Dawn Rush of Blood spiritual sequel. Very unexpected and cool to launch with the PSVR2.

• Like 1