CMA blocks ABK deal (TLHBFR!!!!!!!)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

speaking of resetera, excerpts from the official xbox thread                      

the irony that the thing that blocked xbox was...                             THE CLOUD  

Posted Images

I once said that Ghost is such a loser that the universe literally bends to ensure that he always remains wrong.

This isn't remotely surprising to me at all.

We will see how much Microsoft truly............TRULY cares about video gaming and gamers here soon.

My guess? They don't care.

If they can't corner an industry by buying everything out..........then they don't care to put in the hard work to succeed and be on top.

We've now reached the same point that Windows Mobile was at around 2012.

• Upvote 1
  • dead 2
18 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

No way. I think it will still go through.

Or is it officially over?

Def not officially over. 

9 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

If this doesn't go through MS has to pay a 3 billion penalty which is the price Sony used to buy Bungie :D

MS profits like 18 billion a quarter. Really not much to them. 

• NPC 1
18 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

No way. I think it will still go through.

Or is it officially over?

It's officially over, they can appeal but CMA controls the appeal process and the chance of CMA doing a reversal based on the appeal is probably less than 0.00000000000000001% :sabu:

Just now, -GD-X said:

This is a win for gamers. While I don’t play CoD, we can’t have MS destroying more franchises.

I don't play COD either and I'm happy as well the deal flopped. Today was a great day for gamers and I thank the CMA for seeing through MS' bullshit.

• Upvote 2

Jim Ryan being appointed as head of Sony...................a British guy..............that just so happened to have the UK regulatory agency block this entire thing.

Sony made the absolute most strategically perfect decision in putting him in charge.

• aitch 1
24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I once said that Ghost is such a loser that the universe literally bends to ensure that he always remains wrong.

This isn't remotely surprising to me at all.

We will see how much Microsoft truly............TRULY cares about video gaming and gamers here soon.

My guess? They don't care.

If they can't corner an industry by buying everything out..........then they don't care to put in the hard work to succeed and be on top.

We've now reached the same point that Windows Mobile was at around 2012.

They have zero talent. They got themselves into this mess, some of us were calling out microsofts problems back in 2009, it just wasnt blatantly obvious until xbox one flopped and ms coukdnt muscle the third party support anymore.

If ms cant buy out a market then they have nothing. They're truly pathetic. Hopefully xbox gets dropped like Mixer, windows mobile and GFWL did.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

They have zero talent. They got themselves into this mess, some of us were calling out microsofts problems back in 2009, it just wasnt blatantly obvious until xbox one flopped and ms coukdnt muscle the third party support anymore.

If ms cant buy out a market then they have nothing. They're truly pathetic. Hopefully xbox gets dropped like Mixer, windows mobile and GFWL did.

I genuinely give Sony credit.

Remember Sony back in 2006 and 2007?

That wasn't a company that I cared about, and I didn't think they gave enough of a shit about gaming.

They put in the HARD work to turn it around. They dug themselves into a hole with the PS3 launch, and they worked hard to make new games and new IPs.

And by 2009 you could see them starting to figure this out.

By 2013 they were really on a roll. And this absolutely led into them start delivering big time on the PS4 from 2015 onwards.

Can Microsoft do that? No. Its not even that hard of a question to answer.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I genuinely give Sony credit.

Remember Sony back in 2006 and 2007?

That wasn't a company that I cared about, and I didn't think they gave enough of a shit about gaming.

They put in the HARD work to turn it around. They dug themselves into a hole with the PS3 launch, and they worked hard to make new games and new IPs.

And by 2009 you could see them starting to figure this out.

By 2013 they were really on a roll. And this absolutely led into them start delivering big time on the PS4 from 2015 onwards.

Can Microsoft do that? No. Its not even that hard of a question to answer.

That was the thing, they didnt cry or play social media like ms did, they just knuckled down, made games, had an effective ad campaign that resonated (kevin butler), and people started to take notice.

All ms had to do was the same. They had no games in 2013. They could have spent a fraction of this activision price, set up new studios and had popular franchises by the time this gen rolled around. Instead the developers they had are still mia, with this long rumoured Gears game, or perfect dark, and they buy an rpg dev like Obsidian and have them make Grounded?

They have so much money theres no excuse why they couldnt have some of the best devs on the planet right now - the only excuse is they legit suck at management and understanding the industry.

They also can studios too quick. They bought ensemble who was popular for age of empires, had them make a shallow halo rts and then shitcanned them before halo wars 2 was even out. Fasa also had some popularity and were put on a shadowrun online only fps nobody asked for and then shitcanned within months of release.

Imagine if Sony gave up on Guerilla after Killzone PS2 flopped? Thats the difference, sony gives support and helps get the studios to where they need to be. Ms has always abandoned things if its not an immediate success. Which is why xbox is such an anamoly, its been a money sink for 20 years for them and never accomplished much in 22 years outside of a brief 3-4 year period where it was on top. I dont know why this is the one thing they wont pull the plug on.

• Upvote 2