Finished The Last of Us show why the high ratings?

Nah, the game isn't better.

The tv show ended up becoming almost the same exact level of narrative quality as the game by the final couple of episodes.

In other words, it started out considerably better than the game, and then gradually got weaker by the end.

• Thanks 1

Some things are better in the game, some are worse. I think it’s rated high because the creators didn’t fuck it up. I dug it, but they’re way better HBO shows. 

I think the game is better too but the show is mostly retreading the same material so it kinda changes our perception of it. Experiencing the story for the first time is usually going to leave a greater impact on us.

Also while Bella Ramsey definitely did a great job (especially towards the end) I think Ashley Johnson is a better fit for Ellie's character.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think the game is better too but the show is mostly retreading the same material so it kinda changes our perception of it. Experiencing the story for the first time is usually going to leave a greater impact on us.

Also while Bella Ramsey definitely did a great job (especially towards the end) I think Ashley Johnson is a better fit for Ellie's character.

💯

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

And so does the game.. Which the OP said is better..... Soo that can't be it :umad:

The game is overrated trash too. Terrible stealth game with the most basic of mechanics.