Diablo 4 GS review - 8.0

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My thoguhts:   Level 58 now, just doing nightmare dungeons (~tier 13-15 depending on the key I have available. Pretty mixed on the game overall....the action stuff is great, the rpg stuff is

Can't get over how ugly the female druids are. The men are ugly but fuck the women are god damn ogres     

Today is early access day 😌

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The world seems way livelier than D3's. I like how there seems to be towns and NPC settlements scattered all over the place.

Yeah it feels like an actual world. Not just different environments. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Ya’ll got any tips for skills? I’m a rogue, and right now I have 2 ranged skills and 2 melee skills. I’m not sure if I should spec in a direction to focus on melee or ranged, or if I should just mix and match both.

Just play around with it. You can re spec easily. If you find cool gear maybe spec to make use of it best. 

• Thanks 1

Ya’ll got any tips for skills? I’m a rogue, and right now I have 2 ranged skills and 2 melee skills. I’m not sure if I should spec in a direction to focus on melee or ranged, or if I should just mix and match both.

Puncture

Twirling Blades

Dash

Shadow Imbuement (use with Dash to put it on multiple mobs)

Dark Shroud

Shadow Clone (felt like a waste with how fast stuff was dying, but if you need some umph for elites/bosses it's strong)

Victimize

That was my build for most of the campaign. I've swapped over to the meta build that drops Shadow Imbuement for Shadow Step, Shadow Clone for Poison Trap, and Victimize for Momentum. 

But like Cooke said, just swap around and see what feels good and don't be afraid to mess with a new aspect.

• Thanks 1

I just gotta say the sound design is amazing in this game. Everything sounds so real. I made a storm druid and cataclysm sound effects are fucking intense. 

22 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Puncture

Twirling Blades

Dash

Shadow Imbuement (use with Dash to put it on multiple mobs)

Dark Shroud

Shadow Clone (felt like a waste with how fast stuff was dying, but if you need some umph for elites/bosses it's strong)

Victimize

That was my build for most of the campaign. I've swapped over to the meta build that drops Shadow Imbuement for Shadow Step, Shadow Clone for Poison Trap, and Victimize for Momentum. 

But like Cooke said, just swap around and see what feels good and don't be afraid to mess with a new aspect.

There’s only 6 slots, how did you have those 7 equipped at once?

the end game is just such a mobile level treadmill. incredibly disappointing.

the gameplay just also feels so slow at a point, only exception being whenever everything is off cooldown.

also as much as the spell effects are cool, they feel so reserved in scope. ice shards for example, the core skill of an endgame build and it feels like you're flicking miniature snowflakes at people. things like Frozen Orb/Blizzard that have direct comparables from D2 just look so much less powerful when you use them in D4.

Edited by Casual

Up to lvl 16. While the game is fun Its definitely not something I can play for extended periods of time. I think the gameplay loop is simple enough that it can get repetitive so short bursts have been ideal for me.

I'm LVL 48 bitch. Hurry up

• Geese 1
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

No you hurry up, I'm 67!

I'm level 50 now. Fuck paragon shit. I'd rather more ability points

Edited by Cooke