Diablo 4 GS review - 8.0

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

Think of all the loot you missed by skipping all those radiant chests in those little dungeons you didn't go in 🙂

I've went in a lot of dungeons too.  My loot isn't getting much better until I change to WT3.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My thoguhts:   Level 58 now, just doing nightmare dungeons (~tier 13-15 depending on the key I have available. Pretty mixed on the game overall....the action stuff is great, the rpg stuff is

Can't get over how ugly the female druids are. The men are ugly but fuck the women are god damn ogres     

Today is early access day 😌

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Finally finished Zelda. Gonna download this tonight. Played the beta, but no other Diablos. 

Any tips? 

also gonna be playing with the girl on and off (couch co op but we do have two Xboxes as well and the ps5). Does she need to have her own account or can she just log in as a guest? If she ever wants to play solo, will progress save for her or just for me, the party leader? 

Answer bitches 

31 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Question about this. If I have a friend playing it on Battlenet, how can he add me or do I have to add him on Xbox?

You'd need to be Battle.net friends and then you should just see each other in the in-game friends list.

I was playing this late last night and I just woke up to play this again.

Yeah, so far it has grabbed me. I like the presentation, loot mechanics, everything.

One question, I started in Tier 1 because I am a Diablo noob, but how hard is Tier 2_

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yeah, so far it has grabbed me. I like the presentation, loot mechanics, everything.

One question, I started in Tier 1 because I am a Diablo noob, but how hard is Tier 2_

I've read that it really depends on the class, at least in the early game. As a rogue I was getting my ass kicked by some of the bosses, but other classes like the Necromancers have an easier time.

I just gave up and went back to WT1. TBH I think thats a more enjoyable way to play the game. There's so many mobs that you have to go through especially in the dungeons, and having that progress slowed down even further by WT2 caveats (like enemies becoming damage sponges due to increased health) can make the gameplay feel pretty tiring.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

You can switch between WT1 and WT2 at any time.  Tier 2 is what you might consider normal.  It's absolutely the way you should start off because you get more experience and gold, and it's really not that much harder at all.  If you have trouble with some of the bosses, then you can drop to WT1, beat the boss, then go back to WT2.

Man I really fell off of this game. Its fine and all but the amount of content actually kills the pacing and it doesn't help that there is no variety to any of it. I can't even remember what happens during each of my play sessions because everything is basically a melting pot of just killing the same few mobs and traversing an open world that looks cool but offers nothing but the ability to kill even more of those same mobs.

It nails the presentation and the visuals but I think Diablo 3 was a better designed and more enjoyable game.

• 5 weeks later...

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

We are adjusting bonus experience rewards for killing monsters that are a higher Level than the player.

Pre-Season of the Malignant bonuses:
1 Level higher: +15%.
2 Levels higher: +20%.
3+ Levels higher: +25%.

Post-Season of the Malignant:
1.5% bonus per Level up to 10 Levels.
+1 level: +1.5%.
+2 levels: +3%

+3 levels: +4.5%
+10 levels: +15%.

The Tortured Gift of Mysteries chest has had its cost increased to 250 Aberrant Cinders from 175.

Aberrant Cinders drop rate reduced.

Strength: 50% Stronger when on Weapons -> 25% Stronger when on Weapons.
Dexterity: 50% Stronger when on Weapons -> 25% Stronger when on Weapons.
Intelligence: 50% Stronger when on Weapons -> 25% Stronger when on Weapons.
Willpower: 50% Stronger when on Weapons -> 25% Stronger when on Weapons.

Cooldown Reduction: Reduced by ~30%.
Imbuement Skill Cooldown Reduction: Reduced by ~30%.
Trap Skill Cooldown Reduction: Reduced by ~30%.

Critical Strike Damage: Reduced by ~17%.
Lightning Critical Strike Damage: Reduced by ~17%.
Critical Strike Damage with Bone, Earth, Imbued, and Werewolf Skills: Reduced by ~17%.
Vulnerable Damage: Reduced by ~40%.
Critical Strike Damage (Inherent on Swords): Reduced by ~50%.
Vulnerable Damage (Inherent on Crossbows): Reduced by ~65%.

Blizzard heard the game was a slog and people wanted better mob density, so they decided to just nerf damage and survivability across the board and reduce XP gains. :|:D

My favourite change:

The channel time for the Leave Dungeon ability has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.

Like what purpose does that serve other than to waste the players time? What a bunch of dicks. :D

• NPC 1