Square Enix panicking over Final Fantasy XVI pre-orders, tracking below Final Fantasy XV

I bring this up because I had heard recently that Square Enix is panicking slightly over Final Fantasy XVI preorder numbers, which are tracking behind FFXV even accounting for the lesser number of launching platforms. Granted, those are pre-order numbers and they're usually only useful to gauge guaranteed day-one sales (versus potential day-one sales), so the actual number could blow everyone away. But with the current tracking, I wonder if they want to remind people the next chapter of Final Fantasy VII's remake trilogy exists and give it more marketing time than they had planned.

The initial sales of Remake were quite good, but it slowed down faster than Square Enix seemed to expect, so I imagine they really want Rebirth to sell as well as possible. Well, of course they do, but I imagine they're really, really hoping for an uptick in sales.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/everything-once-83982355

That's what happens when you take your exclusivity deals.  Go cry to Sony about it  :danylol: 

They took Sony's deal... they'll probably take Epic Game Store's year exclusivity deal... and then by the time it hits Steam, nobody will give a shit anymore :lul: 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Remij said:

That's what happens when you take your exclusivity deals.  Go cry to Sony about it  :danylol: 

They took Sony's deal... they'll probably take Epic Game Store's year exclusivity deal... and then by the time it hits Steam, nobody will give a shit anymore :lul: 

Being on Xbox is not going to dramatically help them, it has a much smaller user base that doesn’t seem to buy games anymore and they have to develop for two platforms, one of which cucks the other. 

:ben:

12 minutes ago, Cell said:

Being on Xbox is not going to dramatically help them, it has a much smaller user base that doesn’t seem to buy games anymore and they have to develop for two platforms, one of which cucks the other. 

15 sold at least 2 million on Xbox. That’s at least 140 million in revenue they’re missing out on. 

1 hour ago, Cell said:

Well then, I guess the the game is destined to fail :jordan3:

lol really though... SquareEnix always have some stupid expectations for sales figures.  The game will do fine.

On 2023-06-03 at 9:28 AM, Tears of the Cows said:

15 sold at least 2 million on Xbox. That’s at least 140 million in revenue they’re missing out on. 

Lmfao tales from your ass. Xbox first party games don't even sell that much and Japanese games sell even less on Xbox. 

Did you just multiply 70 by 2 million as revenue that SE would receive? 

So you think 3rd party publishers get 100% of the revenue for sales on their games? :kaz:

• dead 1
58 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lmfao tales from your ass. Xbox first party games don't even sell that much and Japanese games sell even less on Xbox. 

Did you just multiply 70 by 2 million as revenue that SE would receive? 

So you think 3rd party publishers get 100% of the revenue for sales on their games? :kaz:

At full price too. :D FFXV was sold at 60$ and went on sale less than two months in. What an idiot.

Not to mention, Xbox softwares sales are down thanks to Gamepass.

Square Enix isn't missing out on anything major by not releasing on Xbox. Sony probably paid for the marketing and publishing. Which easily mitigate the mediocre sales it would get on Xbox Series L. Not to mention having to make a downgraded version for Xbox Series Shit.

They will release a PC port at a later date, enjoy great sales on PS5 and that will be it. 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Who the fuck preorders games anymore? :hest: 

i guess some peeps do to pre-load them. but these games get discounted pretty quickly. i got FF7 remake for like $19.99.

It's worth noting FF7R sold really well as it came out around the same time as the lockdown started. Video games sales were up across the board. 

21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

At full price too. :D FFXV was sold at 60$ and went on sale less than two months in. What an idiot.

Not to mention, Xbox softwares sales are down thanks to Gamepass.

Square Enix isn't missing out on anything major by not releasing on Xbox. Sony probably paid for the marketing and publishing. Which easily mitigate the mediocre sales it would get on Xbox Series L. Not to mention having to make a downgraded version for Xbox Series Shit.

They will release a PC port at a later date, enjoy great sales on PS5 and that will be it. 

You hit the nail on the head. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...