Gamers Nexus absolutely obliterates Linus Tech Tips for accuracy, ethics, & responsibility

Linus has had this coming for a while now.  Glad to see Steve call them out for their bullshit!

Luckily I would think that most people realize that LTT should not be taken as anything but goofy entertainment.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vaush diddles kids 

bro, it's the biggest event in history. pc dude 1 vs pc dude 2... or something

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I feel like GN guy watched every LTT video taking notes just waiting for this day to come. Sounds like most of the sheep and cows at SW.

so you're criticism is that sheep and cows are smart and have accurate memories...........and you're the equivalent of a two-bit bullshitter?

Well...........Linus also has a rat-shaped face, so it seems like you have alot in common with him.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

so you're criticism is that sheep and cows are smart and have accurate memories...........and you're the equivalent of a two-bit bullshitter?

Well...........Linus also has a rat-shaped face, so it seems like you have alot in common with him.

I guess if you goal is gotchas on the internet. Much important.

Yall have the same bra size so its good you have something in common with him , too, fat boy LOL

1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

I feel like GN guy watched every LTT video taking notes just waiting for this day to come. Sounds like most of the sheep and cows at SW.

Lol but not the honorable Xbox fanboys despite the fact this thread was made by one. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
58 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I guess if you goal is gotchas on the internet. Much important.

Yall have the same bra size so its good you have something in common with him , too, fat boy LOL

LOL being right = gotcha

he's literally reached Sarah Palin levels, now.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol but not the honorable Xbox fanboys despite the fact this thread was made by one. 

Yeah, the guy that doesnt own an Xbox and is currently playing a PS5 game on PC.

Stop hating yourself you miserable fuck :tom:

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

You have big goals, Losehurey LOL

LOL you can tell that he's mad, and its all because he made an analogy that I would've made about him, and he didn't realize it until I told him afterwards.

Now THATS what I call whipping somebody into shape.:banderoos:

Can’t help but feel like it’s convenient for GN to try and cancel LTT who surely are the biggest media platform talking about PC’s and tech. They’re not perfect but the reasons they listed (at least in the 4-5 mins I watched, not watching for 42 mins lol) seem slightly tame, it’s not like they’re calling Linus out for running around his office with his dick out or something. 

• Upvote 1

lmao holy fuck is LMG scummy. :D

Summary:

- Billet Labs sends a one-of-a-kind prototype to LMG for a video and wanted it back, LMG said they would send it back, a miscommunication occurred and it got auctioned

- GN makes that video in the OP and includes a section about the Billet Labs situation

- Linus makes a post on the LTT forum calling GamersNexus out for breaking the rules of journalism by not reaching out to Linus before posting the video to get his side of the story

- Linus claims his side of the story in the Billet Labs situation is that they had an agreed upon price to pay Billet Labs back for the prototype, so if GamersNexus has contacted him before posting the video they'd know this

- GN asks Billet Labs when that deal took place, Billet Labs says LMG ghosted them after the auction and only reached out to them after the GN video was posted

• Upvote 1

Billet Labs reddit post confirming the GamersNexus story

Regarding LTT, we are simply going to state the relevant facts:

On 10th August, we were told by LTT via email that the block had been sold at auction. There was no apology.

We replied on 10th August within 30 minutes, telling LTT that this wasn't okay, and that this was a £XXXX prototype, and we asked if they planned to reimburse us at all.

We received no reply and no offer of payment until 2 hours after the Gamers Nexus video went live on 14th August, at which point Linus himself emailed us directly.

The exact monetary value of the prototype was offered as reimbursement. We have not received, nor have we asked for any other form of compensation.

12 hours ago, Cell said:

Can’t help but feel like it’s convenient for GN to try and cancel LTT who surely are the biggest media platform talking about PC’s and tech. They’re not perfect but the reasons they listed (at least in the 4-5 mins I watched, not watching for 42 mins lol) seem slightly tame, it’s not like they’re calling Linus out for running around his office with his dick out or something. 

Yeah that's a huge factor. Also I think the GN's critique is all over the place. Accuracy in content is one thing, but the Billet labs thing is kinda nobody's business. Also he rambles for a stupid amount of time contextualizing and explaining the reasoning behind his critiques, I just don't care.

I find it kind of manipulative that GN refers to voices from "the community" is if they're all on his side or that the community speaks with on voice. Angsty teenage ass view of the world.

GN has a history of taking legitimate tech issues and turning them into a good vs evil crusade. Imo that is a clout chaser's approach even if he's not wrong.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i'm just here for the comments. i have no idea what tf this thread is about.

bro, it's the biggest event in history. pc dude 1 vs pc dude 2... or something

• Haha 1
  • Geese 1