Nintendo Super Switch possible capabilities

9 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

I would bet anything this is not the case.

https://gameishard.gg/news/nintendos-next-gen-console-is-slowly-coming-into-focus/7544/

Why I think it's possible: 

And PS4 pro will be 8 years old next year, using  9 year old tech.

The Switch for example was about 3-4x the power of PS3 from what I recall (5x the GPU power). This alone would lead me to guess at least a PS4 pro equivalent with ray tracing.

• Geese 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. 4k DLSS at up to 120 fps 2. Ray tracing equal to RTX 2xxx series 3. 7 inch 4k screen (no bezel) 4. Larger battery, 3nm processor etc 5. AR and VR docked 6. $399 US  

lmao at yalls expectations for Ditch 2

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, __MACK__ said:

Even the current Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra could render real time hardware accelerated ray tracing.*

It doesn’t mean it’ll do it well. Steam Deck can do ray tracing. 

2 hours ago, __MACK__ said:

https://gameishard.gg/news/nintendos-next-gen-console-is-slowly-coming-into-focus/7544/

Why I think it's possible: 

And PS4 pro will be 8 years old next year, using  9 year old tech.

The Switch for example was about 3-4x the power of PS3 from what I recall (5x the GPU power). This alone would lead me to guess at least a PS4 pro equivalent with ray tracing.

Switch was "3-4 times more powerful" than PS3 but never got a game that looks in the same generation as Uncharted 2, God of War 3, GTAV, MGS4, Killzone 2, The Last of Us, etc. Ok. Nobody could figure out how to tap that power.

Edited by sugarhigh
16 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Lol exactly. Stream Deck power - at best 

Slightly more powerful than a steam deck due to efficency gains, but yes in that ball park. 

Anyone expecting Xbox series S level is delusional.

Anyone expecting PS3/360 level for Switch 2 is even more delusional because that would make it much  weaker than Switch 1.... Lol Sugarhigh lol :kaz:

40 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Slightly more powerful than a steam deck due to efficency gains, but yes in that ball park. 

Anyone expecting Xbox series S level is delusional.

Anyone expecting PS3/360 level for Switch 2 is even more delusional because that would make it much  weaker than Switch 1.... Lol Sugarhigh lol :kaz:

I'm expecting better than PS3, worse than PS4. I've said exactly what I expect before: Switch got compromised "impossible ports" like Witcher 3 at 540p with custom settings below PC's lowest. Switch 2 will get comparable games running 720p at actual PC medium.

It's wild to think Nintendo would release a system with the form factor and battery life of a Steam Deck. Any "efficiency gains" (actually irrelevant because Switch uses mobile architecture) would go to shrinking the device and extending the battery, not boosting performance. We'll probably get that from Valve in a Deck revision.

Switch 2 will be starting from much lower base. More likely a 10-12W device.

Edited by sugarhigh
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

I'm expecting better than PS3, worse than PS4. 

You're expecting Switch 2 to be in the same ball park as Switch 1.  You're more delusional than Mack :kaz:

Edited by Goukosan
7 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Everytime a new Nintendo platform is coming, Sheep love to hype the fuck out of it.

When Switch was a reality, sheep said it would do 4k gaming, PS4, at least Xbox One quality, and look what they got, 720p quality at best. :kaz:

Tshbfr 

Floating point 16 😂

• dead 1
32 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Floating point 16 😂

Specs don´t mean shit when Nintendo is going to keep doing the same shit they have been doing, which imo is nothing bad.

To the contrary, I welcome a new Zelda, Metroid or any of the franchises they do.

But when you have nearly 80% of the developers downscaling their games or not even bothering to do anything with it, while they keep getting the same last gen or two gens ago ports, they you know its pointless to talk specs  with any Nintendo platform.

On 2023-08-17 at 10:37 AM, sugarhigh said:

Switch was "3-4 times more powerful" than PS3 but never got a game that looks in the same generation as Uncharted 2, God of War 3, GTAV, MGS4, Killzone 2, The Last of Us, etc. Ok. Nobody could figure out how to tap that power.

Yyyyyes they did. Witcher 3, Doom/Doom Eternal., Wolfenstein New Collosus, Dying Light.

Red Dead Redemption is literally the same game engine used in GTAV

The power was tapped.