TCHBR - Sony massively increases PS+ Pricing

7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

gamepass is definitely a significantly better value.

Gamepass Ultimate with the conversion trick is ridiculous value, but I'm not sure I'd take Gamepass at MSRP over PS+ Extra.

38 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

$20 extra for the basic plan? That’s just pure greediness.

Considering it doesn't offer anything new.

If Sony wanted new subscribers they should have increased the price of essential and lower premium.

But they are too stupid and greedy.

All the more reason to lean into PC gaming. These subscriptions just to play online don't make sense anymore. It's even weirder now that free to play games like Apex Legends and Warzone don't require a subscription. So I'm paying $80 to play a subset of online games which will probably have weak audiences due to the sub itself and lack of cross-play.

The wrinkle that Essentials includes some free games is irrelevant. PSN only started doing that because they were losing to Xbox 360. Then MS started GamePass when they  lost hard to Playstation. Giving away games is the strategy of every loser. See also Epic Games Store.

Edited by sugarhigh
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

All the more reason to lean into PC gaming. These subscriptions just to play online don't make sense anymore. It's even weirder now that free to play games like Apex Legends and Warzone don't require a subscription. So I'm paying $80 to play a subset of online games which will probably have weak audiences due to the sub itself and lack of cross-play.

The wrinkle that Essentials includes some free games is irrelevant. PSN only started doing that because they were losing to Xbox 360. Then MS started GamePass when they  lost hard to Playstation. Giving away games is the strategy of every loser. See also Epic Games Store.

If you wanted to switch to PC gaming because of subscriptions, then you would have done it already.

Right now, you are just bringing the idea because you are a bitter ps fanboy who got owned the same company who sucks its dick.

42 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

If you wanted to switch to PC gaming because of subscriptions, then you would have done it already.

Right now, you are just bringing the idea because you are a bitter ps fanboy who got owned the same company who sucks its dick.

Huh I effectively switched to PC already. I haven't played a PS5 game since Ragnarok. Last year was dominated by Steam Deck. This year I upgraded my desktop GPU and bought a gaming laptop. What multiplayer game on PS5 justifies a $80/yr subscription?

30 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Huh I effectively switched to PC already. I haven't played a PS5 game since Ragnarok. Last year was dominated by Steam Deck. This year I upgraded my desktop GPU and bought a gaming laptop. What multiplayer game on PS5 justifies a $80/yr subscription?

There is nothing that justifies a PS5 purchase.

My friend who is a hardcore fanboy hasn't got one yet.

There is nothing on ps5

The premium tier is ROBBERY. What you get over extra is worthless. I got it just to download some demos. Yes, you have to pay to download demos which is a dick slapper to begin with. But it was good because it made me realize Sony games are the same tired shit. Sold my PS5 in the nick of time. Fuck Playstation. 

57 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

The premium tier is ROBBERY. What you get over extra is worthless. I got it just to download some demos. Yes, you have to pay to download demos which is a dick slapper to begin with. But it was good because it made me realize Sony games are the same tired shit. Sold my PS5 in the nick of time. Fuck Playstation. 

Paying for demos. :pavarotti: