UK sales: Dragon's Dogma 2 outsold Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin doesn't make the top 10

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Durr... then by your same logic it wouldn't have made a difference for Dragon's Dogma 2 as well... .and yet... Dragon's Dogma 2 outsold it.. and that's 2 WEEKS VS 6 WEEKS on the market..

And no, that doesn't go against my argument.. You seem to fundamentally misunderstand my argument actually.  It's about stunting and potential for growth....  By continuing to NOT release these games day 1 on PC or Xbox.. they are actively inhibiting the potential for the series to GROW on those platforms...

Do you understand that?  It's not about making all the sales right now.. it's about growing.  You know.. like Dark Souls on PC...  It's started out a tiny thing... right?  Few 10s of thousands of sales initially..

Screenshot-2024-04-09-175348.png

And now look at the latest souls game from FROMSOFT..

Screenshot-2024-04-09-175408.png

That's growth.  That's what SquareEnix needs to do with Final Fantasy... because keeping the focus on Playstation... will simply stunt it to the pathetic numbers it's doing now.. as a series of its caliber.

You're so petty when you lose arguments.  I don't give a shit about FF7 Rebirth not being on PC day 1.  I just finished replaying FF7 Remake and I'm good for a year or so.... :roll:

Right right... It's all about "potential growth on PC" and not "Im salty it's not day 1 on PC"   uh huh.. Lol

You're acting as if the game is never coming to PC, what's the big issue that's it not day 1?

You lost the argument and then started it back up again because you thought what Chris said benefited your point... When it didn't. 

Whipe those tears up and enjoy the wait. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twinblade - Alone In The Dark.  

I have your movie too, The Machinist.

Dragon's Regret 2

Posted Images

Just now, Goukosan said:

Right right... It's all about "potential growth on PC" and not "Im salty it's not day 1 on PC"   uh huh.. Lol

You're acting as if the game is never coming to PC, what's the big issue that's it not day 1?

You lost the argument and then started it Nabi up again because you thought what Chris said benefited you point... When it didn't. 

Take the L and run along.

Hey, maybe go play some FF7 Rebirth?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.  We could also make a wager to see if you'll cop out 15 minutes from the ending like Twinblade did and throw it back on the shelf. :hest: 

Just now, Goukosan said:

You lost the argument and then started it Nabi up again because you thought what Chris said benefited you point... When it didn't. 

Those are what is going to be his excuses when it doesn't sell on PC.

.............because PC gamers simply don't buy real full priced AAA games.

he even admitted back in 2022 that PC gamers don't actually want single player centric ports of Sony games but he still port-begs for them.

Also..........this is with me having SHOWN HIM TO HIS FACE that discrete GPU sales have completely fallen from 2008-2010.

This guy uses Steam survey to estimate OVER A HUNDRED MILLION gaming PCs out there..........its so pathetic, because you know that those steam accounts are mostly Chinese and Indian currency mining accounts.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Those are what is going to be his excuses when it doesn't sell on PC.

.............because PC gamers simply don't buy real full priced AAA games.

he even admitted back in 2022 that PC gamers don't actually want single player centric ports of Sony games but he still port-begs for them.

Also..........this is with me having SHOWN HIM TO HIS FACE that discrete GPU sales have completely fallen from 2008-2010.

This guy uses Steam survey to estimate OVER A HUNDRED MILLION gaming PCs out there..........its so pathetic, because you know that those steam accounts are mostly Chinese and Indian currency mining accounts.

Oh man, look at him all over the place... trying to run to all the other arguments he lost again and act like as if he won them :lawl: 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Take the L and run along.

Hey, maybe go play some FF7 Rebirth?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.  We could also make a wager to see if you'll cop out 15 minutes from the ending like Twinblade did and throw it back on the shelf. :hest: 

That L you took hurt you bad you tried to resurrect the argument and you still lost :drake:

It's going to be a long year or two for you waiting for FF Rebirth.. Buckle up. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

That L you took hurt you bad you tried to resurrect the argument and you still lost :drake:

It's going to be a long year or two for you waiting for FF Rebirth.. Buckle up. 

Two years from now I'll probably still be the first person to complete it here :lawl: 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Two years from now I'll probably still be the first person to complete it here :lawl: 

:tom:

12 minutes ago, Remij said:

Oh man, look at him all over the place... trying to run to all the other arguments he lost again and act like as if he won them :lawl: 

LOL he's describing what HE DID.

oh man..........you melted down SUPER HARD when I showed you basic proof that GPU sales have actually shrunk BIG TIME since 2008

It rekt him so hard, he tried to peddle that argument against consoles in a neogaf thread, and got his ass raped..................I repeat again, by people at NEOGAF :lawl::lawl::lawl:

24 minutes ago, Remij said:

Tell yourself whatever makes the two year wait easier for you :drake:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Tell yourself whatever makes the two year wait easier for you :drake:

Games like Dragon's Dogma 2, which scored better and sold more, make it easier for me.  I told you that, and you turned into a bitch over it :hest: 

Just now, Remij said:

Games like Dragon's Dogma 2, which scored better and sold more, make it easier for me.  I told you that, and you turned into a bitch over it :hest: 

The funny part is his name is red and he is talking about 2 games that he cannot play unless he hides behind ps5 :D

Not that he plays them anyway , too busy trying to a wanna be game sales analysis LMAO

• Geese 1
On 2024-04-08 at 11:16 AM, Remij said:

Nah man it is.  Because sales are sales... it doesn't matter the number of platforms.  FF is a massive franchise, and like I said... FF7 is the most beloved entry in the entire series.  Final Fantasy used to be a multiplatform series at launch.  Dragon's Dogma was never the major series Final Fantasy was.

There's NO world that exists where SquareEnix used less resources to create FF7 Rebirth than Capcom did for Dragon's Dogma 2 :D:D 

Be honest with yourself man.  FF is a series with tons of legacy... and has been primarily a PS oriented franchise since the release of FF7...  Dragon's Dogma does not have that legacy.

I think you're overselling how big FF ever has been tbh. Yeah, FF7 was the biggest of the bunch but it's hardly a huge series and a lot of the sales of the big ones can be attributed to Japan who wouldn't be buying this regardless of the platform.

Also wtf we mean by "Final Fantasy used to be a multiplatofrm series at launch". Literally two of the mainline games (specifically the worst two) were ever multiplat at launch.

Rebirth probably would have benefited from being on PC day one, but Xbox wouldn't have moved the needle and the effort/$ used to\get it to run on Series S probably wouldn't have been made up by the sales.

17 minutes ago, Remij said:

Hey whatever makes the wait easier for you :drake:

15 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

The funny part is his name is red and he is talking about 2 games that he cannot play unless he hides behind ps5 :D

Not that he plays them anyway , too busy trying to a wanna be game sales analysis LMAO

Says the guy with a green name hiding behind PC and barely touching his Xbox. 

PC sucks.. I hate it :jonb:

9 minutes ago, Casual said:

I think you're overselling how big FF ever has been tbh. Yeah, FF7 was the biggest of the bunch but it's hardly a huge series and a lot of the sales of the big ones can be attributed to Japan who wouldn't be buying this regardless of the platform.

Also wtf we mean by "Final Fantasy used to be a multiplatofrm series at launch". Literally two of the mainline games (specifically the worst two) were ever multiplat at launch.

Rebirth probably would have benefited from being on PC day one, but Xbox wouldn't have moved the needle and the effort/$ used to\get it to run on Series S probably wouldn't have been made up by the sales.

Nah lmao.  Final Fantasy was absolutely huge in the day.. wtf :D 

And I never said it wasn't losing steam... In fact I specifically said it IS declining.  And there's a reason for that.  Japan is ONE of them.. and this is actually a PRIME example of SquareEnix's issues.  Japan COULD be massive still for Final Fantasy.  If they made Final Fantasy games on the Nintendo Switch...  Not some shitty spinoff FF game.. but make a mainline Final Fantasy game for Nintendo's console among the others.  I don't want to hear "power" excuses either..  You can make a high quality AAA Final Fantasy game on Nintendo Switch.  Nintendo makes high quality Switch games all the time.

They're chasing this stupid high production action-fantasy game with light/no RPG mechanics and it's just not working.  It sells to Playstation fanboys because its exclusive.. but nowhere else gives a damn.

Guys, again.. it's not about the immediate sales.. It's about growing the franchise in all markets.  You don't grow on platforms unless you commit to them.   And with regards to Playstation.. Final Fantasy isn't going to grow any bigger than it is now.  It's going to shrink if anything.  The series is stagnating.  We haven't heard about FF16's sales in forever and probably wont until after the PC version release in their hopes that it will prop it up to sound a bit more impressive.  It's not.  FF7 Rebirth will sell similarly. :shrug: 

19 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Says the guy with a green name hiding behind PC and barely touching his Xbox. 

PC sucks.. I hate it :jonb:

My name is green because the forum changed you dumb fuck 🤣 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I've owned PS + Nintendo systems since PS1. To this day it remains the best combo. :mario:

Oh we know. You've been hiding for gens LOL. Now you are just open about it