Fallout series IGN review - 9.0

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It won't have the mainstream attention TLOU show got but it's a good second game turned show to hopefully encourage studios to actually utilize gaming properties properly. 

it’s at 93% on RT. And I’ve seen people on Twitter say it’s even better than TLOU.

Walton Goggins does not disappoint in this, damn.

I was hoping that it would be something solid.

Still, what people want from the lore of Fallout could be different. Some people like the overt tongue in cheek humor and they think that's the main part of the IP. I don't necessarily agree with that.

It looks alright.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

I was hoping that it would be something solid.

Still, what people want from the lore of Fallout could be different. Some people like the overt tongue in cheek humor and they think that's the main part of the IP. I don't necessarily agree with that.

New Vegas proved you can do both a serious and compelling storytelling intermixed with humor. There's no need to stick to just one. 

I feel like Fallout without some humor is just another post apocalyptic game. It's unique 1960s inspired design and humor sets it apart.

Bethesda still don't understand the lore or how to write interesting factions though. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

That's surprisingly decent. Wonder what the reviews form non gaming outlets would be like though

it’s at 93% on RT. And I’ve seen people on Twitter say it’s even better than TLOU.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, David P said:

It looks alright.

New Vegas proved you can do both a serious and compelling storytelling intermixed with humor. There's no need to stick to just one. 

I feel like Fallout without some humor is just another post apocalyptic game. It's unique 1960s inspired design and humor sets it apart.

Bethesda still don't understand the lore or how to write interesting factions though. 

It's 1950s design you IDIOT!!! 😊

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

ok, i had 0 interest until i found out walton goggins was in it.

Yeah I remember seeing his ghoul character in the first trailer and was like 'shit is that Walter Goggins?' Then I looked up the casting to confirm it and was sold :smoke:  Dude owns and im not sure why he's not in more big shows/movies.

3 episodes into Fallout. Show is satisfactory, I'm entertained. I've never played a Fallout game so it's all new to me. I'm just confused by the black guy character.

They show his motivation...sort of but it's like I can't get if he's supposed to be good or bad. It makes his scenes less interesting but it's still early so time will tell. 

Everyone else is fine, the main girl is pleasant to look at for an hour straight and I'll watch Walter Goggins in anything. 

Watched the first episode. Was pretty good. Nailed the games look and Lucy is a baddie.

Surprised by the gore level too. Interested for sure

• Upvote 1