Xbox wants the next Fallout game to come sooner, it's claimed

"Fallout is running rampant at the moment, but it’s not all for good reasons. In recent weeks, we’ve seen the Fallout TV show released to an overwhelmingly popular reception and the player counts across the entire catalogue of games skyrocket on all platforms. On the other hand, we also saw the Fallout 4 next-gen update release in a woeful state, disappointing fans worldwide.

However, Bethesda Game Studios' next game, The Elder Scrolls VI, is still years away from completion, meaning Fallout 5 won't arrive until the 2030s.

Now, it has been claimed that Xbox is hyper-aware of the anticipation for the next Fallout game and is eager to explore opportunities to make that arrive sooner rather than later.

On a recent episode of The Xbox Two Podcast, Jez Corden claimed that 'the company is aware' of the demand for the Fallout label, and everyone is acutely aware of how successful the next title in the series will be. At this point, one of the only avenues the company could take to speed up the development of Fallout 5 is to take it away from Bethesda Game Studios entirely."

https://insider-gaming.com/next-fallout-game-come-faster/

good thing bethesda didnt waste 8 years on sevenfield :hest: 

• Geese 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Bethesda games always feel rushed even after years in development....im sure speeding up the dev timeline is going to have a positive effect....said no one ever :Jeff:

i know i'm in the minority here, but i thought oblivion was borderline unplayable with the pop in.  dark brotherhood was fun, though. my expectations for fallout 4 are pretty low lol.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i know i'm in the minority here, but i thought oblivion was borderline unplayable with the pop in.  dark brotherhood was fun, though. my expectations for fallout 4 are pretty low lol.

Let me know when you start FO4 so I can start FO 76 at the same time and we can jointly complain about how shitty they are :wow2:

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, David P said:

Both games are complete mixed bags with many aggravating issues.

First play of FO4 is pretty good. Its old now. Holds up OK. Some of the quests in FO76 feel like the janitor made them. And he probably did.

6 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Another incoming rushed mega-flop like Shitfield :kaz:

That will outscore HellDumpsters#2 AND Binner Blade :omglol:

14 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

First play of FO4 is pretty good. Its old now. Holds up OK. Some of the quests in FO76 feel like the janitor made them. And he probably did.

Meh, the factions in FO4 sucks and the dialogue system has been so dumbed down. 

Lol, sounds about right. 

id be cool if they let ID take a whack at it. itd be so far from their style of game lol but id be down for more of demonic like creatures roaming the wasteland and vaults/tunnels.

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

Just a terribly, stupidly-managed Xbox division.

Even when they are handed a gift, they somehow find a way to mess it up.

RARE comes to mind. :reg: