The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Finally finished demons Souls tonight. I’m kinda blown away by what Bluepoint achieved. I think it might be the best remake I’ve ever played except for maybe REmake. but it’s damn close. There’s really no reason for anyone to ever play the PS3 version ever again which is what a lot of remakes fail at as the original will often retain a few superior aspects over a remake. 

I kind of wish they’d make their own game now as they clearly have the talent but there’s just no competition in the businesses for what they currently do and their lack of presence in this field would be missed.

• Replies 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Delita said:

Finally finished demons Souls tonight. I’m kinda blown away by what Bluepoint achieved. I think it might be the best remake I’ve ever played except for maybe REmake. but it’s damn close. There’s really no reason for anyone to ever play the PS3 version ever again which is what a lot of remakes fail at as the original will often retain a few superior aspects over a remake. 

I kind of wish they’d make their own game now as they clearly have the talent but there’s just no competition in the businesses for what they currently do and their lack of presence in this field would be missed.

The original is still better (not having played the "remake" it's more of a remaster tbh but whatever). 

There is one major reason for it: The soundtrack, if they included the original soundtrack I'd love to drop my ps3 copy and move on but they fucked up the Maiden Astraea boss fight music. And most people agree with me here. The new song just doesn't fit what I think is the best encounter of all of souls games (probably). The new soundtrack is way to quiet when you enter the cave and the orchestra epic doesn't fit the sad encounter and environments, nor the lore of valley of defilement and astraea/garl vinland.

Also, Flamelurker music is lacking the dread and oomph of the original but I got used to it seeing a certain someone getting owned over and over again :kaz: 

And Adjudicator song just straight up sucks, the og was one of my favs.

that said I'm surprised they didn't change anything regarding gameplay balance. GD should play magic on his first playthrough, it might still be frustrating at times but it's so OP you can just breeze through the game at some point. also PvP. 

I'm sorry, Delita, but you are wrong.:shrug: 

Edited by kazi
5 minutes ago, kazi said:

The original is still better (not having played the "remake" it's more of a remaster tbh but whatever). 

There is one major reason for it: The soundtrack, if they included the original soundtrack I'd love to drop my ps3 copy and move on but they fucked up the Maiden Astraea boss fight music. And most people agree with me here. The new song just doesn't fit what I think is the best encounter of all of souls games (probably). The new soundtrack is way to quiet when you enter the cave the music takes a while to get "to the point" by then you already finished it and the orchestra epic doesn't fit the sad encounter and environments, nor the lore of valley of defilement and astraea/garl vinland.

Also, Flamelurker music is lacking the dread and oomph of the original but I got used to it seeing a certain someone getting owned over and over again :kaz: 

And Adjudicator song just straight up sucks, the og was one of my favs.

that said I'm surprised they didn't change anything regarding gameplay balance. GD should play magic on his first playthrough, it might still be frustrating at times but it's so OP you can just breeze through the game at some point. also PvP. 

I'm sorry, Delita, but you are wrong.:shrug: 

who the fuck thought its a good idea to put the quote button right next to edit :kaz:  :kaz:  

changing one small thing and this shit happens.... seriously FUCK YOU GUYS 

I actually don’t entirely disagree with you there. You’re right that the music sometimes doesent really live up to the original, though it’s still fantastic in its own right.  The only track I was underwhelmed by was fools idols new variation. The composer completely dropped the ball. At first I was slightly disappointed with maiden astreas new theme but the more I listened to it the more I like it more than the original now. 

But really I’ve  heard all of demons souls music a million times that a remix was welcomed imo :reg:

And I really don’t see GD liking Demons Souks bruh :ben: 

• dead 1
11 minutes ago, Delita said:

I actually don’t entirely disagree with you there. You’re right that the music sometimes doesent really live up to the original, though it’s still fantastic in its own right.  The only track I was underwhelmed by was fools idols new variation. The composer completely dropped the ball. At first I was slightly disappointed with maiden astreas new theme but the more I listened to it the more I like it more than the original now. 

But really I’ve  heard all of demons souls music a million times that a remix was welcomed imo :reg:

And I really don’t see GD liking Demons Souks bruh :ben: 

I played demon's souls a million times and more and I think (like many others) that the astraea song doesn't fit at all. :reg: 

And I didn't say that GD would enjoy demon's, I even told him many times it's just not the type of game he likes to play and he agrees, I was just making the point that magic truly breaks the game and this "remake" didn't change a thing about it. :ben: 

• NPC 1

Immortals Fenix Rysing

Surprisingly pretty damn awesome so far, especially for a Ubisoft game. I'm loving the music, also. Something was bothering me about it but i couldn't put my finger on it. Then i realized it sounds exactly like Ori, so i looked it up and sure enough its the same composer.

Ori's music has always been superb, and its no different here.

15 minutes ago, Delita said:

Immortals Fenix Rysing

Surprisingly pretty damn awesome so far, especially for a Ubisoft game. I'm loving the music, also. Something was bothering me about it but i couldn't put my finger on it. Then i realized it sounds exactly like Ori, so i looked it up and sure enough its the same composer.

Ori's music has always been superb, and its no different here.

i'm going to get all of the ubisoft games when they are $20 - $30.  i like their stuff. f the haters. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i'm going to get all of the ubisoft games when they are $20 - $30.  i like their stuff. f the haters. 

Tbh they're better than i give them credit for. I enjoy some of their games every now and again, I just can't for the life of me get into Assasins Creed, Ghost Recon, Far cry and Rainbow Six which are sort of their "flagship" franchises. Though i did enjoy FC5 but maybe it was because of the coop.

8 minutes ago, Delita said:

Tbh they're better than i give them credit for. I enjoy some of their games every now and again, I just can't for the life of me get into Assasins Creed, Ghost Recon, Far cry and Rainbow Six which are sort of their "flagship" franchises. Though i did enjoy FC5 but maybe it was because of the coop.

man, i loved fc5! i think it was the theme. i hated the old ass creed games, but i dug the last 2. watch dogs 2 was my jam, so legion will be fun. 

4 hours ago, madmaltese said:

It really is great so far. Only up to Chapter 3 atm but it has strong Witness vibes.

Yup! I’m on chapter 3 too. Environmentally, yes! But, I dig the variety of these puzzles more. 

23 hours ago, Remij said:

Cyberpunk is sick.  Got the opening and tutorials out of the way.  Can't wait to dig into this more on Friday night :smoke: 

I’ll be joining  y’all tomorrow night. 

Im 6-7 hours into Hades and I think I got a new GOTY. This might just be the best roguelike ever made. I could praise its gameplay, or its art style and characters for days but Ill wait until I finish the game first.

Also been playing Ori and The Blind Forest. Never paid much attention to this game before, Its actually one of the best Metroidvania style game Iv played in a while. But sadly the challenge is a bit too much trial and error for me.

• Like 1

50711165006_f64c7306c8_o.jpg

50711249932_89f1a5fb8a_o.jpg

50710403188_78ca81ee3b_o.jpg

50711224567_572ecc1a84_o.jpg

50711139681_fb7c59912a_o.jpg

50711139566_3197f8378c_o.jpg

DLSS is a life saver in this game for two reasons.  In the quality mode, it looks better than native rendering because of the TAA the game uses.. and of course it improves framerates to actual playable levels lmao.

• Upvote 1