The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

GTA4 had cabs though, made driving optional.

The best sandbox games are the ones where the open ended freedom expands into the mission design. If there's the same amount of freedom approaching the mission as there is getting there, they are doing it right. Games like GTA and Infamous have such linear mission design and you have to sweat through them to progress.

In games like Red Faction you have a variety of missions to choose from and they can be approached differently. GTA4 is too cinematic for it's own good.

I like GTA's linear mission design. I get to have my open world fix outside of the missions, and get to have my linear mission fix when that happens. It's like 2 experiences in one, and the mission variety was much better in GTA IV than the last gen GTAs so that certainly didn't hurt.

They give you more than plenty to do in the open world in GTA so that you really don't need to beg to have the mission structure open ended.

When the ability to shoot out tires is taken away for the sake of ending a car chase at the waterfront, something is wrong. I want to make my own cinematic experience based on my choices and actions, not be spoon fed what the dev wants me to see.

Cinematic titles are killing gaming faster than Wii's shovelware. It's just another type of casual shit where the player is given less control.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

GTA4 had cabs though, made driving optional.

The best sandbox games are the ones where the open ended freedom expands into the mission design. If there's the same amount of freedom approaching the mission as there is getting there, they are doing it right. Games like GTA and Infamous have such linear mission design and you have to sweat through them to progress.

In games like Red Faction you have a variety of missions to choose from and they can be approached differently. GTA4 is too cinematic for it's own good.

I like GTA's linear mission design. I get to have my open world fix outside of the missions, and get to have my linear mission fix when that happens. It's like 2 experiences in one, and the mission variety was much better in GTA IV than the last gen GTAs so that certainly didn't hurt.

They give you more than plenty to do in the open world in GTA so that you really don't need to beg to have the mission structure open ended.

When the ability to shoot out tires is taken away for the sake of ending a car chase at the waterfront, something is wrong. I want to make my own cinematic experience based on my choices and actions, not be spoon fed what the dev wants me to see.

Cinematic titles are killing gaming faster than Wii's shovelware. It's just another type of casual shit where the player is given less control.

I guess developers are supposed to program the entire world and all it's possibilities into their games now....

fuck max payne 2 is still beyond godly. i just did the first funhouse part. there's not a single level this gen that compares. here's to hoping that alan wake has lots of subtle touches of dark humor and personality. this game really gives me high hopes.

On chapter 6 of sakura wars 5. I was kinda getting bored of the game, because chapter 4 was kinda meh. Thankfully the game picked up again with the awesome chapter 5. And Chapter 6 seems to be fantastic too, especially since it's centered on my genmi.Posted Image

Also playing monster hunter tri. One of the few wii games to really hold my interest, game is a lot of fun. Once you get past the boring "1 star" quests, it becomes pretty addictive. I need to get better at my lance before i head out online though.Posted Image

hey guys i want a good SP game what would you recommend?

ps3/xbox/xbla/psn

Spiderman Web of Shadows. It is a bit repetitive but it has some good moments. what about ultimate alliance 2

still in dragon age, the game that keeps on giving.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I gotta say out of all the treaties (dwarfs, elves, etc) the circle of mages quest line is the least fun of all, I hate the whole animal skill bs makes the game drag for a while. :?

oh and since I am a blood mage, I didnt get wynne :] this time

also started l4d2, this game is really fun co op, dialog is hilarious.

Posted Image

Edited by hOld Th3 pIcKle