The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Tried RE6 last night and played it for a bit. Some early impressions: -The first thing I notice is the controls felt really foreign. It actually took me awhile to get use to them and even then I never really got comfortable with them. Wish there was a option to have the classic controls TBH, the closest thing I saw was Type II but that's still awkward feeling to me. -Another thing that bothered me was the HUD, I turned off the little waypoint icons but I don't like how your HP/Ammo indicator doesn't stay onscreen. I get that they're trying to clear the screen to make it feel more immersive but I wish I had the option to always have the HUD displayed. I'm one of those people that likes to always have that information present. -Aiming feels really funky and makes no sense. I tried crosshair and the classic laser settings and the results were the same. The bullets tend to fly off the mark frequently and hit nowhere near where you were aiming. It makes sense for the crosshair since you can chalk it up to the bloom effect or whatever but it makes no sense for the laser sights setting. I guess they figured they had to make both settings behave the same for "balancing reasons" or else everyone would just use the laser sights but the truth is they didn't. The cross hair is much easier to aim with but the downside is your accuracy takes a hit. Laser sightings are more accurate but it's harder to aim with them. That's the balance right there, no need to have both settings perform the absolute same way, it's just retarded and there is no logical reasoning behind the current setup. -If the aiming wasn't bad enough the whole shooting situation gets worse when you factor in how absolutely weak your firearm is. Okay, granted, this is just a starting pistol so maybe the weapons get a lot stronger later but enemies right now just absorb bullets. I pretty much have resorted to playing the Campaign like it's Merc mode. I'm just meleeing everything because it is far more effective than the firearm I currently have. -Speaking of melee, all the new tweaks to it are nice. Having a lot of fun discovering all the crazy melee kill animations. -How the hell do I use herbs? I have quite a few R+G herbs on me but have no clue how to use them. :ben:

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Tried RE6 last night and played it for a bit. Some early impressions:

-The first thing I notice is the controls felt really foreign. It actually took me awhile to get use to them and even then I never really got comfortable with them. Wish there was a option to have the classic controls TBH, the closest thing I saw was Type II but that's still awkward feeling to me.

-Another thing that bothered me was the HUD, I turned off the little waypoint icons but I don't like how your HP/Ammo indicator doesn't stay onscreen. I get that they're trying to clear the screen to make it feel more immersive but I wish I had the option to always have the HUD displayed. I'm one of those people that likes to always have that information present.

-Aiming feels really funky and makes no sense. I tried crosshair and the classic laser settings and the results were the same. The bullets tend to fly off the mark frequently and hit nowhere near where you were aiming. It makes sense for the crosshair since you can chalk it up to the bloom effect or whatever but it makes no sense for the laser sights setting.

I guess they figured they had to make both settings behave the same for "balancing reasons" or else everyone would just use the laser sights but the truth is they didn't. The cross hair is much easier to aim with but the downside is your accuracy takes a hit. Laser sightings are more accurate but it's harder to aim with them. That's the balance right there, no need to have both settings perform the absolute same way, it's just retarded and there is no logical reasoning behind the current setup.

-If the aiming wasn't bad enough the whole shooting situation gets worse when you factor in how absolutely weak your firearm is. Okay, granted, this is just a starting pistol so maybe the weapons get a lot stronger later but enemies right now just absorb bullets. I pretty much have resorted to playing the Campaign like it's Merc mode. I'm just meleeing everything because it is far more effective than the firearm I currently have.

-Speaking of melee, all the new tweaks to it are nice. Having a lot of fun discovering all the crazy melee kill animations.

-How the hell do I use herbs? I have quite a few R+G herbs on me but have no clue how to use them. :ben:

theres a skill that steadies your aim. i think its called lock on.

you can combine herbs from the inventory (bring it up using Y) and then store them in your case (the number appears next to your health, to use one just press RB).

which campaign did you start with? The low bullet damage can definitely be annoying, it gets better the more you play since you'll have skills like the one i mentioned above that make the combat feel better.

I bought Fahrenheit, the game is harder than I remember, and changing the difficulty doesn't seem to do much. Especially the alternating L1/R1 presses, my hands get fucking tired :| Also there's a lot more nudity/slaying of bitches than I remember

I'm addicted to the Pikmin game on Nintendoland :ben:

:face:

What else is good on Nintendoland? I haven't tried anything else.

Mario chase is really fun if you have 4 or 5 people! DK Crash Course is fun to try to beat your old times. Once you get good at it. It's pretty hard tho.

The F-zero one sucks, but other than that they are all pretty fun tbh.

After playing And Yet It Moves the other night, a genius platformer, I thought I'd go pick up the latest Humble Bundle, so I was playing around with some of those last night. Shank 2, Snapshot and Closure are all awesome.