The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

I finally finished Fire Emblem Awakening after almost two months. My lazy review:

Characters: Likable archetypes. Treehouse did a nice job with the dialogue.

Plot: Standard magical-medieval political melodrama with an amnesiac as the main character.

Presentation: Really nice. The cutscenes look fantastic.

Maps: Rudimentary. They're almost all open areas, and the victory conditions are always either kill all the enemy troops or kill the enemy boss. 

Character Customization: Good. There're a lot of classes and skills but it's all pretty straight-forward so you can concentrate on strategy instead of trying to glean cryptic equations.

Balance and Challenge: The normal difficulty is really easy even with permadeath turned on, and there are some pretty obvious things you can exploit the hell out of to make it a cakewalk (that have nothing to do with grinding), but I haven't played the higher difficulties so they may be a godsend if you play them. Dunno.

Overall: Decent but basic. I'd give it a B/8.

I finally finished Fire Emblem Awakening after almost two months. My lazy review:

Plot: Standard magical-medieval political melodrama with an amnesiac as the main character.

Maps: Rudimentary. They're almost all open areas, and the victory conditions are always either kill all the enemy troops or kill the enemy boss. 

Character Customization: Good. There're a lot of classes and skills but it's all pretty straight-forward so you can concentrate on strategy instead of trying to glean cryptic equations.

Balance and Challenge: The normal difficulty is really easy even with permadeath turned on, and there are some pretty obvious things you can exploit the hell out of to make it a cakewalk (that have nothing to do with grinding), but I haven't played the higher difficulties so they may be a godsend if you play them. Dunno.

how long did it take you? i quit after 12-15 hours. the gameplay was just way too simple.

how long did it take you? i quit after 12-15 hours. the gameplay was just way too simple.

A little over 20 hours. There're 26 or 27 main missions including the prologue. 

I think I'm close to wrapping up tomb raider. I just did the elevator puzzle.

yeah I think you have about 1-2 hours left. Have you enjoyed it so far?yeah!!! It's a great game!!! I hate some of the characters though and the story has been meh. However, the core gameplay, level design, and atmosphere are top notch! Edited by -GD-

Well, a friend of mine let me borrow Far Cry 3.  Time to see what all the fuss was about :)

2012's AAA GOTY :)

so its better than journey? :wonder:

:facep:

Journey isn't an AAA game. It did score in the 90s however and is my 2012 GOTY.   ;)

Edited by -CM-

I don't think I even have a GOTY 2012. I missed out on so many games that won the accolades.

I didn't play many games in 2012, but i don't think you'd be disappointed with any of those 3 games + Hotline Miami. I still need to play Faster Than Light, give Mass Effect 3 another shot and maybe play Lone Survivor. Also X-Com was really good, though it eventually got old for me due to the repetitive nature of its missions. Great mechanics though.