The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I finished blair witch. It's ok, some parts are very well done. the best thing is the interaction with your dog. I liked it a lot surprisingly but it's super short and the ending part is so boring and drags on for no reason.

I also played amnesia the dark descent, a machine for pigs and all the Penumbra games (frictional's first series). overture, blackplague, skipped requiem then played the fan mod necrologue which owned. I couldn't get the last mod game running called twilight of the archaic. 

also played layers of fear 2, I liked it the story and music at times is amazing but it's too short and not really scary. But the two kid voice actors were amazing. For some reason they highlighted the "candyman" voice but I thought nothing of it. These two kids doing voice acting are incredible. 

playing observer now. I'm on a horror game roll lately. :blessed:

Observer is incredible so far. but I take it very slow. I highly recommend this one.

godpunk soon bois :blessed:   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

Posted Images

Just now, kazi said:

I finished blair witch. It's ok, some parts are very well done. the best thing is the interaction with your dog. I liked it a lot surprisingly but it's super short and the ending part is so boring and drags on for no reason.

I also played amnesia the dark descent, a machine for pigs and all the Penumbra games (frictional's first series). overture, blackplague, skipped requiem then played the fan mod necrologue which owned. I couldn't get the last mod game running called twilight of the archaic. 

also played layers of fear 2, I liked it the story and music at times is amazing but it's too short and not really scary. But the two kid voice actors were amazing. For some reason they highlighted the "candyman" voice but I thought nothing of it. These two kids doing voice acting are incredible. 

playing observer now. I'm on a horror game roll lately. :blessed:

Observer is incredible so far. but I take it very slow. I highly recommend this one.

godpunk soon bois :blessed:   

Can’t wait for godpunk :blessed: 

• Like 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

I think I’m going to stop playing demon’s souls. It was a great game for its time but without that novelty and wow factor, the numerous issues and frustrations are just way harder to ignore.

What issues and frustrations? Or just the usual Souls difficulty stuff?

17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

What issues and frustrations? Or just the usual Souls difficulty stuff?

I kept on getting knocked off the fucking bridge when fighting the maneaters so I thought I’d take a break and go to the valley (which I haven’t explored yet) and of course I end up falling to my death several times because that level is dark as fuck and you can’t see anything. 

its just a frustrating experience especially when they made no effort to improve the camera (which is why I kept on dying against maneater)  

then I realized that after a 1+ hour session I had made 0 progress in anything.

it’s got the great graphics but the design and mechanics are just flat out dated.

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I kept on getting knocked off the fucking bridge when fighting the maneaters so I thought I’d take a break and go to the valley (which I haven’t explored yet) and of course I end up falling to my death several times because that level is dark as fuck and you can’t see anything. 

its just a frustrating experience especially when they made no effort to improve the camera (which is why I kept on dying against maneater)  

it’s got the great graphics but the design and mechanics are just flat out dated.

I hate hard games. I’d get it if they patched in a casual mode lol. Heck, even ori wisps has made me rate quit a few times :D 

39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

LOL you constantly whine when games give you a bit of challenge :tom: 

Yea, it's always the games fault Twinky :hest: 

• Geese 2
16 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL you constantly whine when games give you a bit of challenge :tom: 

Yea, it's always the games fault Twinky :hest: 

There is a difference between something being difficult and something being unfair/cheap/poorly designed. Demon's Souls is unfortunately the latter.

Seriously, you can't fight the maneaters and NOT think that fight isn't complete bullshit.

Just now, Twinblade said:

There is a difference between something being difficult and being unfair/cheap/poorly designed. Demon's Souls is unfortunately the latter.

Seriously, you can't fight the maneaters and NOT think that fight isn't complete bullshit.

Sure I can... many of us did it a decade ago.

Go back and play some NES games and you'll be crying that everything was complete bullshit and cheap/poorly designed.. :tear2: 

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Fight the Maneaters in the middle platform with the beacon of fire in the middle. Keep going around it giving you space. You shouldn't get knocked off the bridge there. If you look back in the DS thread I had mentioned that Maneaters had given me the most issues but after an hour I realised (remembered) what I was doing wrong. Beat it on the second attempt with the middle platform technique. 

All those things you mention are what makes Souls though. It is brutal. It requires patience. In areas where falling off is a risk be careful with lock ons. 

If you're struggling just finish 4-1 so you can do a bit of easy farming at 4-2 and level up. Even the start of 4-1 is good for early farming. 

Imo the design is still so far ahead of anything non Soulsbourne. The following games have even better design but you can tell how this was what started it all. It's brutal but nearly always fair imo.  I still loved every little bit of it. 

I dont think I ever died more than once or twice against the maneaters in my combined 8 playthrough of Demon's Souls. It was a boring/annoying boss though, I must admit.

The only thing I found real cheap in DeS is the poison swamp area. That part was cruel, but still very much doable.

Imo, Demon's Souls is actually one of the easiest game in the series. The bosses are pretty easy compared to Dark Souls 1 or 3, or fucking Sekiro.

Twinblade play games all day but still sucks at everything.

Edited by Ramza
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Fuck off. Im getting older and my time is more valuable, I don't want to spend ages replaying shit just to try and 'get gud' at it. Especially when its 2020 and the game still has a camera/lock on system that wouldn't be out of place in a 90s era game.

Then play on toddler difficulty you whiny bitch :cruise: 

Im playing this Darkest Dungeon like game set in WW2 on Steam, Warsaw. Its fucking great so far, Im loving it.

Warsaw - Exclusive Gameplay Launch Trailer - YouTube

I saw a bunch of people complain about the difficulty, almost stopped me from buying it. But those people are weak fools, its not even that hard (and theres an easy difficulty anyway). Definitely far less punishing than Darkest Dungeon was.

21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Im playing this Darkest Dungeon like game set in WW2 on Steam, Warsaw. Its fucking great so far, Im loving it.

Warsaw - Exclusive Gameplay Launch Trailer - YouTube

I saw a bunch of people complain about the difficulty, almost stopped me from buying it. But those people are weak fools, its not even that hard (and theres an easy difficulty anyway). Definitely far less punishing than Darkest Dungeon was.

I was interested in that game for quite a while, but then it came out and I remember the reviews & player impressions being kind of negative. So that turned me off of it.

15 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I was interested in that game for quite a while, but then it came out and I remember the reviews & player impressions being kind of negative. So that turned me off of it.

Well I understood why some people might find it too hard yesterday. Perma death is cruel, my best character died out of bad luck, I immediately started a new game, though whats cool is that you keep the characters that you have unlocked in your previous playthrough. 

I dont think you would like it personally. I can imagine this almost roguelike structure will turn you off.